Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Hetzner dedi for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Hetzner dedi for transfer

TripleflixTripleflix Member
edited July 2021 in General

Hi,

I have a cheap Hetzner box that I don't need any more, thought someone might be interested..

it's an SB server with E3-1245V2, 16GB of ddr3 and 2x 3TB disk (they are old..)
I 'upgraded' the box with a 240 GB consumer grade SSD

paying 25.85 ex vat for it per month..

will be renewed 27th of July..

let me hear if someones interested for transfer..

Comments

• gappergapper Member
    edited July 2021

If you 'downgrade' the server removing the 240GB SSD, the monthly price gets lower? Also, we are talking about euro currency right?

How does the transfer works if I'm not a Hetzner customer? Do I only need to create an account with them and then you can transfer the server to my account? Do they allow this?

• AndrewL64AndrewL64 Member
    edited July 2021

@gapper said:
    How does the transfer works

I think he'll just give you the login info of the current Hetzner account. Not sure though.

• @ShillongServer said:

@gapper said:
    How does the transfer works

I think he'll just give you the login info of the current Hetzner account. Not sure though.

No, Hetzner has an internal service transfer system and yes @gapper you can remove the add-on and reduce monthly cost

Thanked by 1pike
  • gappergapper Member

interesting so @Tripleflix please confirm monthly price ex. VAT after removing the SSD thanks

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2021

Afaik this model is sold in the 22-25€/m price range (ex. VAT) in the auctions (I got one of these myself). So the price he listed might well be without the add-on. Also make sure to not take over the ssd as he could have mined chia with it (which is in violation of Hetzner TOS and will make them demand you to pay for the worn out ssd)

Thanked by 1gapper
  • gappergapper Member

@pike do you know if hetzner offer €10 servers like OVH does with Kimsufi? Or €22-25 is the minimum it can get?

• OhJohnOhJohn Member

That's about the minimum you'll find at hetzner.

Thanked by 1gapper
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@gapper said:
    pike do you know if hetzner offer €10 servers like OVH does with Kimsufi? Or €22-25 is the minimum it can get?

You most certainly won't find any x86 server below 25€ in Germany which already hardly pays for the high electricity costs alone.

Furthermore you can't compare Hetzner with OVH. While OVH builds its datacenter (GRA) with a direct power line to the adjacent nuclear power plant, Hetzner covers 100% of its energy with hydropower.

Thanked by 3gapper mikewazar pike
  • Price is in euros and with the ssd. I didn’t mine any stuff on the box..

• @Tripleflix said:
    Price is in euros and with the ssd. I didn’t mine any stuff on the box..

Hello
    I already sent you a message to transfer

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi is this server still available?

• notgodnotgod Member

^_^ , hard drives in the mid-18th century

• @MohamadSY replied fastest so he got the token.