Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Name is @databoss and I Used to be a LowEndTalk Member - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Name is @databoss and I Used to be a LowEndTalk Member

2»

Comments

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    I prefer to shamelessly promote myself in other user's threads, thanks for this opportunity.
    https://leveloneservers.com/

I was expecting you to have Ian.tech registered. I am disappoint. Especially after noticing your signature. You can dedicate a whole company to just dots?

Man, you must think I'm rich! lol

In reality I never even thought of that, it's a good domain I may get it. But to be honest I've never been one for portfolio sites or sites talking about me. I use my company email too so I would have no good use for it.

What will you do when you make it big time and sell out for millions? You can never retire!

Would have considered being the first rich person in space but Richard Branson decided to ruin that dream of mine. I guess I just won't retire, here for the long run!

Probably first billionaire, but he's not likely the first rich person (millionaire?) in space.

Thanked by 1Ian_Dot_Tech
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    I prefer to shamelessly promote myself in other user's threads, thanks for this opportunity.
    https://leveloneservers.com/

I was expecting you to have Ian.tech registered. I am disappoint. Especially after noticing your signature. You can dedicate a whole company to just dots?

Man, you must think I'm rich! lol

In reality I never even thought of that, it's a good domain I may get it. But to be honest I've never been one for portfolio sites or sites talking about me. I use my company email too so I would have no good use for it.

What will you do when you make it big time and sell out for millions? You can never retire!

Would have considered being the first rich person in space but Richard Branson decided to ruin that dream of mine. I guess I just won't retire, here for the long run!

Probably first billionaire, but he's not likely the first rich person (millionaire?) in space.

Don't you like hi-jacking threads from the original topic B)
    I want to continue: New topic the space race of 2021. <- Mods please change thread title.

So, @TimboJones who did you want to win the billionaire space race? Personally, I was very happy to see Richard Branson beat Mr. Bezos. I also think the Virgin spaceship is far better in terms of actual usage. How it can fly down and safely land while Mr. Bezos free falls to earth and uses parachutes to slow its fall. Though Space X is still my favorite out of the companies I am excited for the future to see how Mars living handles. I wonder if Mr. Bezos or Richard Branson will make that as a next goal.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Good grief, @databoss had a lot of other accounts here...including some previously banned, so bye-bye.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Oh, I guess that title change works too.

• dosaidosai Member

@raindog308 said:
    Good grief, @databoss had a lot of other accounts here...including some previously banned, so bye-bye.

Give him a second chance.

Thanked by 3neverain drizbo AXYZE
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited July 2021

@raindog308 said:

Not at all surprised

I may have the (dubious) distinction of having called him out right at the beginning (he was evasive, of course):

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3248649/#Comment_3248649

and

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3248653/#Comment_3248653

• @raindog308 now time to create a new thread:

@databoss (SCAM_DONT_BUY) unbanned

Go for it!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:
    @raindog308 now time to create a new thread:

@databoss (SCAM_DONT_BUY) unbanned

Go for it!

If he actually did that, we'd have the entire front page, and probably the next, filled with all those accounts that have been unbanned :joy:

• I'm genuinely impressed by some people here, who despise LET but still can't stay away from it and create new ids to trash talk about how LET and some providers here are shit. it's like crazy ex who keeps coming back to you with new types of bullshit.

• I have 3 simple and effective solutions:

1. Ban signatures. But allow posting marketing info on profile page. Signatures, even non-marketing ones, add a tremendous amount of noise to the conversation. It makes the thread painful to read sometimes

2. Do not allow updating a post started > 90 days ago. Admin can override this e.g. for "sticky" threads.

3. On the main page, have 2 sections: "Discussion" and "Offers Discussion".

• rcxbrcxb Member

I did not know you could arbitrarily make yourself the boss of things.

I am now the boss of ham.

I don't think you can just make yourself boss. I think there has to be a decision made. I think the commission has to meet. There has to be a sit-down.
    -John Pinette

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mustafam said: Ban signatures. But allow posting marketing info on profile page. Signatures, even non-marketing ones, add a tremendous amount of noise to the conversation. It makes the thread painful to read sometimes

Tremendous? We do have rules about them and they're pretty minimal...much less noisy than, say, WHT.

@mustafam said: On the main page, have 2 sections: "Discussion" and "Offers Discussion".

Offers are already in a separate category. Look at the categories on the right. If you don't want to see offers, choose a different category like General.

• @raindog308 said:

We do have rules about them

These rules are subjective, perhaps. The only objective rule is: no signatures.

@raindog308 said:

Offers are already in a separate category.

Most people will be looking at the homepage. Maybe 90%+. This makes sense. For example, I want to see "General", "Help", "Offtopic" discussions. I do not want to do 10 clicks to quickly glance it these. And I don't want "offers" to pollute "real" discussions. And sometimes, I want to glance at "Offers", so they should be on the homepage, but in a separate section. Ironically, when an offer pollutes that main threads, I am less inclined to go choose that company, because I get upset. So, having the offers seperate is actually a win-win for the reader and the vendor.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@mustafam said:
    1. Ban signatures. But allow posting marketing info on profile page. Signatures, even non-marketing ones, add a tremendous amount of noise to the conversation. It makes the thread painful to read sometimes

If you dislike signatures, go to https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/signature and select "hide signatures always".

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited July 2021

@raindog308 said:

@mustafam said: Ban signatures. But allow posting marketing info on profile page. Signatures, even non-marketing ones, add a tremendous amount of noise to the conversation. It makes the thread painful to read sometimes

Tremendous? We do have rules about them and they're pretty minimal...much less noisy than, say, WHT.

On mobile, the lines wrap and eat 4 lines on the worst ones. But still, it's the single biggest annoyance of LES and their dumb ugly signatures (5 or more on mobile), so just don't make signatures at LET worse.