Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is the cheapest dedicated server provider in CANADA or USA NY?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is the cheapest dedicated server provider in CANADA or USA NY?

Hello ,
I'm looking for the cheapest Dedicated server with the most core possible on a minimum of 2.5Ghz.
If possible as close as possible to Canada.
It must also be able to accept the custom installation of ISO.
I need a minimum of 2 IPV4 for this server.

Comments

• Canada would definitely be Kimsufi/SYS.

• @drunkendog said:
    Canada would definitely be Kimsufi/SYS.

I have the worst bad experience with SYS , they are not accepting custom ISO on Gaming plan and they are so slow to get back when you have prob.
    It's now over 53 intervention on the server they did.

• I haven't used QuadraNet before, and the offer does have some red flags, but their last offer has a E-2124G machine for $69 that should be comparable to 3800Xs in single core performance.

• It's not very bad !

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I'm looking for a 1GB KVM in Nunavut Canana for $20/year.
    Any suggestions?

• in Nunavut it's gonna be very hard to find

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Aquatis_JosephAquatis_Joseph Member, Patron Provider

I would have said SYS. Kimsufi has an imbalance of Features towards Price. But since you had already used SYS I cant find many options. However I know Hetzner is EU based but they still have good networking to the us.

• hnzlethnzlet Member
    edited July 2021

@yoursunny said:
    Any suggestions?

90% of the country's population lives within 100 miles of the US border, and the entire province of Nunavut has under 40,000 people. The biggest "city" in Nunavut has a population of ~ 7,500. Nunavut as a whole is one of the most sparsely settled areas on Earth.

Most importantly, they don't really have a shared power grid so they mostly run on diesel generators, which means power can cost $1.14/kWh. The highest available residential internet speed is 15 megabits per second.

So while I wish you luck, I don't think there's a big market for hosting, let alone cheap VPS hosting, up there. You might have better luck finding a VPS in Antarctica if you're going for something more exotic than practical. I really do admire your search for the impossible, though! If you find a server up there, grab it and then make a post here about it!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We often have great deals right in Manhattan, NYC :-)

• @hnzlet said:

@yoursunny said:
    Any suggestions?

90% of the country's population lives within 100 miles of the US border, and the entire province of Nunavut has under 40,000 people. The biggest "city" in Nunavut has a population of ~ 7,500. Nunavut as a whole is one of the most sparsely settled areas on Earth.

Most importantly, they don't really have a shared power grid so they mostly run on diesel generators, which means power can cost $1.14/kWh. The highest available residential internet speed is 15 megabits per second.

So while I wish you luck, I don't think there's a big market for hosting, let alone cheap VPS hosting, up there. You might have better luck finding a VPS in Antarctica if you're going for something more exotic than practical. I really do admire your search for the impossible, though! If you find a server up there, grab it and then make a post here about it!

Ignore him, he says shit like that for attention. He'll hijack any thread to push his push-up agenda.

Thanked by 2hnzlet kwaralala