Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need dedicated servers in Africa!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need dedicated servers in Africa!

Hello,

We are looking for a dedicated server provider in Africa that can meet our demands.

Required:

• 1Gbit up/down
  • At least 20TB bandwidth
  • AMD Ryzen, Intel core or Xeon-E 2xxxG (High clockspeed, good IPC)
  • At least 6 cores/12 threads
  • 64GB RAM

Optional

• 10Gbit downlink
  • DDoS protection

All suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• eriseris Member

https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/nairobi-kenya

Good luck with finding 10gbit downlink ...

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Maybe you can work something out with @telasera. They're located in South Africa.

https://www.telasera.com/dedicated-servers

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited July 2021

Damn bro you not interested in a Johannesburg dedi/colo at all?

You might need 10x1Gbit servers because unless you're in South Africa 10Gbit is gonna be scarce and expensive. Budget?

Thanked by 1jordynegen11
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited July 2021

@mikewazar said:
    Damn bro you not interested in a Johannesburg dedi/colo at all?

You might need 10x1Gbit servers because unless you're in South Africa 10Gbit is gonna be scarce and expensive. Budget?

I'm really looking for dedicated servers and not for colocation. I have no interest bringing my own hardware to south africa.

I already know that it's expensive, that's why it's optional :# . It's not required for us. Also 1Gbit up is enough for us on a 10gbit port.

Budget 200-400 euro per server.

• @brueggus said:
    Maybe you can work something out with @telasera. They're located in South Africa.

https://www.telasera.com/dedicated-servers

Mabe if they offer something else then a Xeon 2680v3, it would be perfect.

• telaseratelasera Member, Host Rep

Thanks @brueggus for the mention :smiley:
    @jordynegen11 Are you planning to service the South African market primarily or would this include African subs too? We are happy to offer bespoke solutions.

Due to the higher bandwidth cost in the region it maybe tough to offer unmetered 1Gbit on 10Gbit port even on the high end of your budget unfortunately.

Please feel free to PM us your contact details and I'll chat to our team if we can assist.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Zappie for South Africa. Maybe he can help/provide in colocation in SA facility.

• @telasera said:
    Thanks @brueggus for the mention :smiley:
    @jordynegen11 Are you planning to service the South African market primarily or would this include African subs too? We are happy to offer bespoke solutions.

Due to the higher bandwidth cost in the region it maybe tough to offer unmetered 1Gbit on 10Gbit port even on the high end of your budget unfortunately.

Please feel free to PM us your contact details and I'll chat to our team if we can assist.

I don't specifically aim for South Africa only. I'm also not looking for unmetered bandwidth. 15-20TB should be enough and 1Gbit port is also good enough.

I will PM you.

• hnzlethnzlet Member
    edited July 2021

@Cybr said:
    https://mzunguhosting.ml

Network is fast my man.

Best music I've ever heard on a "hosting provider"'s site! (bottom of the page)

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited July 2021

@Cybr said:

Network is fast my man.

When are you guys going to check your racism, and your sexism, though that is another topic?

Whenever hosting in Africa comes up, mzunguhosting which is clearly a spoof site comes up. It seems very few of you are willing to due any diligence to find genuine hosters, and are only too willing to gather round a racist joke and give it kudos.

If you guys think you are not being racist, I'd like you all to mention a spoof site you all come up with on any of the other continents to show that you give all other continents the same treatment.

It is puerile and unfunny on your part. You guys need to grow up.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@rchurch said: If you guys think you are not being racist, I'd like you all to mention a spoof site you all come up with on any of the other continents to show that you give all other continents the same treatment.

To be fair, I see a lot of comments about other spoof / fake / joke providers all the time. Antarctica comes to mind, as well as random summer host spoofs, etc.

I think it has to do more with what is perceived as unrealistic criteria or budget and less to do with racism.

I could be wrong, though. Either way, that site is funny and I got a chuckle.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2021

@rchurch said:

@Cybr said:

Network is fast my man.

When are you guys going to check your racism, and your sexism, though that is another topic?

Whenever hosting in Africa comes up, mzunguhosting which is clearly a spoof site comes up. It seems very few of you are willing to due any diligence to find genuine hosters, and are only too willing to gather round a racist joke and give it kudos.

If you guys think you are not being racist, I'd like you all to mention a spoof site you all come up with on any of the other continents to show that you give all other continents the same treatment.

Because the place has no infra since people live in huts made of animal shit and you guys expect unmetered 10G ports with ddos protection in central africa at middle of a fucking jungle with snakes and hippos. So naturally posting Mzunguhosting meme into such topic is very fitting. Because thats what you fucking get if you insist on such locations.

Sure they have large cities too, but communications infra is largely overloaded and outdated with frequent power outages. Many only access internet via dedicated cyber/coffee shops over there. Finding a datacenter that has 1G or 10G individual ports is not easy or cheap. Beyond South Africa, only handful of players in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana has 1G ports for special request. 10G would need a strong justification and even larger budget and some power to influence people.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@rchurch said:

@Cybr said:

Network is fast my man.

lighten up, mate. you seem to be taking a joke way too seriously, and you're trying to make the site into a race thing.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @stefeman said: Because the place has no infra since people live in huts made of animal shit and you guys expect unmetered 10G ports with ddos protection in central africa at middle of a fucking jungle with snakes and hippos. So naturally posting Mzunguhosting meme into such topic is very fitting. Because thats what you fucking get if you insist on such locations.

Really? You just proved my point and I will show you clearly why.

Mzunguhosting.ml is not just about making fun about some imagined conditions in Africa, ie the continent.

It is about an African person, or some African people. It is about an African who can't spell properly, offers Windows 98 as server software, offers very slow speeds, weak hardware, poor power supplies and a bad location, and believes there are some people to take up his offers despite their inadequacy. Basically it is about a guy who is a stupid conman, who believes there are some clueless people, who may or may not be Africans who will take up his offer.

As to whether he considers his offers up to be start of the art, I leave you to decide.

What is it about this characterisation that is not racist, both in terms of the offers and and the ignorant people who think they are worth taking up.?

One thing you ought to know about racism is that, the racists don't get to be the judge of whether they are racist or not. It is the people on the receiving end of the conduct that make the judgement.

I don't even know why you have responded to my comment as you are not one of those that have given thanks on the post, unless you did and have retracted it.

• @bruh21 said: lighten up, mate. you seem to be taking a joke way too seriously, and you're trying to make the site into a race thing.

Read the last but one paragraph of my response to @stefeman

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@rchurch said:
    One thing you ought to know about racism is that, the racists don't get to be the judge of whether they are racist or not. It is the people on the receiving end of the conduct that make the judgement.

Sorry, no, that's just the inversion of racism.

Racism is to be judged along reasonable legal norms and preferably by an unbiased third party.

• again, as a gay black bear this post offends me.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@rchurch said: One thing you ought to know about racism is that, the racists don't get to be the judge of whether they are racist or not. It is the people on the receiving end of the conduct that make the judgement.

That's ridiculous. Any crackpot can claim racism in that model. Which is what's happening here.

@MannDude said: To be fair, I see a lot of comments about other spoof / fake / joke providers all the time. Antarctica comes to mind, as well as random summer host spoofs, etc.

Yes @yoursunny's Summer Host for one example.

There have been several joke hosts over the years. I wish I could remember the name of one that persisted for quite a while but it made fun of summer hosts run by high school students using nulled WHMCS...no doubt, highly discriminatory against whites. You probably were pumping your fist in anger there, too...right?

There's no particular reason to be mad about Mzungu. I would say it's a bit racist to say "making a fake host based in Africa" is wrong, while one made in US/Europe/Asia is not. Smells of paternalism to me.

edited July 2021

@rchurch said:

@bruh21 said: lighten up, mate. you seem to be taking a joke way too seriously, and you're trying to make the site into a race thing.

Read the last but one paragraph of my response to @stefeman

Don't worry. I hate everyone equally.. Especially summer hosts and drama queens like you.

Did I ever talk about skin color in the above message? No. I talked about the lack of infrastructure which makes requests like this look like a joke. Your probly not technical enough to get it, but what we laugh in mzunguhosting thing is the speccs of the machine and the uptime promises and the absurdity in general.

People like you are also joke to me. How about you chill and enjoy your life a bit more?

Thanked by 2raindog308 that_guy
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited July 2021

I don't see the issue here. I'm just looking for a provider guys :/

Thanked by 1raindog308
    edited July 2021

@jordynegen11 said:
    I don't see the issue here. I'm just looking for a provider guys :/

No. This is now a debate about racism, Africa and black people in general. Welcome to LET.

edited July 2021

@rchurch said:
    I don't even know why you have responded to my comment as you are not one of those that have given thanks on the post, unless you did and have retracted it.

Oh right? So everyone who thanked Cybr above for the mzunguhost post is a racist now?

Sorry, I did not notice that.. I have thanked him now. Not as a racist, but just to piss off your entitled ass.

The reason I responded to your comment is because I found your thought process stupid.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited July 2021

Citynethost in Cairo.
    Heficed in Lagos and Johannesburg.
    Safozi in Tunisia and Lagos.
    Xneelo in Johannesburg.
    Telasera is already in the thread.
    Datakeepers in Joh. or Capetown?

These are companies I would try to contact. There are also some in Nairobi (but I forgot the name) and estnoc is also planning on opening up a location in Africa (Lagos?, I think).
    Psychz has servers in Johannesburg as well.

But most standard server offers in Africa operate on 100mbit, so that's why you should contact all those companies directly.

• Get something at Teraco JHB/CPT/DUR if you want a decent port lol

• CybrCybr Member

South Africa has been having a huge fire sale this past week...

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@rchurch said:

@Cybr said:

Network is fast my man.

When are you guys going to check your racism,

With all due respect, weren't you banned for a while back in October 2019 for a racist comment? (Or do I misremember?)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@rchurch said:

@Cybr said:

Network is fast my man.

In principle, one could try to have a nuanced discussion of that site, but unfortunately, nuanced discussions don't come so easily on LET.

I would say that that site plays on not-so-positive stereotypes of a country/culture/continent.

But this doesn't make it racist per se. (Naturally, it's another question what the mindset of the author of that site was.)

It would be a bit like considering Italy to be run by a mafia (or mafias).

Or it would be a bit like considering Germany to be full of people who dutifully follow orders.

(There are many comparable examples.)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@raindog308 said:

@MannDude said: To be fair, I see a lot of comments about other spoof / fake / joke providers all the time. Antarctica comes to mind, as well as random summer host spoofs, etc.

Yes @yoursunny's Summer Host for one example.

We ain't fake.
    We got machines that you can SSH into and run YABS on.
    We got storage that you can upload files of any size, and it's completely free.

Experimental IPv4 is coming next summer.
    I have a secret stash of /4 space.

There have been several joke hosts over the years. I wish I could remember the name of one that persisted for quite a while but it made fun of summer hosts run by high school students using nulled WHMCS...

Join the SummerHoax Club™