Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host Launch - Free Boomer sticker - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host Launch - Free Boomer sticker

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@databoss said:
    It's also sad that the new account doesnt have all your old posts - but I guess thats a good thing? I'm presuming this is the same server you used for Hostup?

I don't really have an opinion about it :P. But I guess it's good to differentiate and not have username hostup.

Yep, it's the same server

• The reason why it's so cheap is because we use our premium brands discontinued server hardware.

So, just basic marketing bullshit that sounded boomer cool

edited July 2021

I guess so. Either way, new server, rented server, our vps packages pricing are very sustainable and profitable as long as I don't have to provide any technical support. I'm going to get managed hosting with Josh at data ideas soon.

If you want I can break down the expenses and show you they are profitable if that makes you trust us more. We simply charge less than the alternatives, and as a result makes less profit and provie less premium services such as support and money back

@databoss said:
    The reason why it's so cheap is because we use our premium brands discontinued server hardware.

So, just basic marketing bullshit that sounded boomer cool

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said:
    provi[d]e less premium services such as support

To confirm: You consider support as a 'premium service' and you advertise your offers against the competition by offering less support?

Good luck with your business model.
    Selling only by price (usually) doesn't work.
    I promise you there will always be someone else offering an even lower price.
    And if the price is your only selling point, there won't be much left why people should buy from you.

If your intention is more than just a summer host business, my personal advice would be: Find something which makes you unique. Give people a good reason why they should buy from you.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I want to know if this is black male boomer or asian female boomer...?

Thanked by 1randvegeta
    edited July 2021

@raindog308 said:
    I want to know if this is black male boomer or asian female boomer...?

https://youtu.be/bJlcNOS_TNc?t=101
    Black white boomer hmm

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I first thought this was a meme. Then I realized it was a real Business.

Good luck with Sales.

Thanked by 2ezeth yoursunny
  • @serv_ee said: So you're one of the alphabet letters?

abc.xyz/

• @HostSlick said:
    I first thought this was a meme. Then I realized it was a real Business.

Good luck with Sales.

personality sells, especially in b2c, not as much in b2b.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • No Paypal option. Would you include it in the future? Thank you

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited July 2021

@databoss said: Domain:boomer.host Registrar:Porkbun, LLC Registered On:2021-05-24

domain registered and brand launched in 2021, but reviews displayed on boomer.host dates back to 2019?

Also why does the reviewer says: "Funny Website" ?? Can the OP elaborate?? I couldn't find any jokes/cartoons posted on www.boomer.host site!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@JasonM said:

@databoss said: Domain:boomer.host Registrar:Porkbun, LLC Registered On:2021-05-24

domain registered and brand launched in 2021, but reviews displayed on boomer.host dates back to 2019?

They don't care about their website.

@ezeth said: This website we're using is a template so I wouldn't think much of it.

@ezeth said: As I said. This is a budget brand, I wouldn't expect the website to be perfect but the services are working just fine

I don't think they even care about their image since it's just "a budget brand".

Thanked by 2JasonM bulbasaur
  • drizbodrizbo Member

So in the end whole "provider" is just a meme

Thanked by 1JasonM
    edited July 2021

@JasonM said:

Also why does the reviewer says: "Funny Website" ?? Can the OP elaborate?? I couldn't find any jokes/cartoons posted on www.boomer.host site!

The guy did a review on trustpilot. We don't have a profile pic on them hence the empty image. Yes these are actual reviews.

I believe he's referring to his own funny website.

Of course these are not reviews for boomer.host, but rather our premium brand. This premium brand used the same server so I'd say it's justifiable

edited July 2021

@kheng86 said:
    No Paypal option. Would you include it in the future? Thank you

Paypal is increasing fees again. I did have the option to pay with paypal before, but I don't think it's a good thing. If we merchants keep accepting that they implement more and more fees it will never stop https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172495/paypal-increasing-fees-for-online-transactions-from-august-2nd

Right now I am using stripe checkout.

We don't have access to your CC, instead they are only stored in stripe

It would be great if you could pay with Stripe Checkout instead :)

• next time state virtualization up front.

almost got conned

Thanked by 1JasonM
    edited July 2021

@notarobo said:
    next time state virtualization up front.

almost got conned

OVZ7 is good I think. You don't have your own kernel hence you save resources, about 50MB ram.

OVZ7 supports dockers, VPN, almost anything you can need for a basic VPS.

For most cases, KVM is not better than OVZ7 at all, or if this is the case tell me why. Some people say KVM is more secure, the provider cannot simply enter it with a terminal, this is not true. Here's me entering my KVM via the hostos in one command

Do not think of OVZ7 as regular OVZ ( OVZ6)

Openvz is built with security in mind

@ezeth said: Here's me entering my KVM via the hostos in one command

So you install qemu-agent as a backdoor within your VM guest to enable CLI access from the host system. Seriously?

edited July 2021

@dfroe said:

@ezeth said: Here's me entering my KVM via the hostos in one command

So you install qemu-agent as a backdoor within your VM guest to enable CLI access from the host system. Seriously?

This was simply an example that it's not hard to enter KVM. I don't offer KVM

@ezeth said: This was simply an example that it's not hard to enter KVM.

Sure. I can also give you my root password if I want you to enter my VM. It's easier than installing qemu-agent (in case of KVM).

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
    edited July 2021

@dfroe said:

@ezeth said: This was simply an example that it's not hard to enter KVM.

Sure. I can also give you my root password if I want you to enter my VM. It's easier than installing qemu-agent (in case of KVM).

When in pursuit of recognition we fall into the trap of false promises and achievements

• coldcold Member

@ezeth said:

@cold said:
    @ezeth only 1 ipv6 or 1 /64

1 IPv6. I don't want someone to create 10s of thousands of IPs with their own /64 block and crash the switch.

Ok, im happy that it is all about ur needs and wishes and not about the customers ! good way to do bussines.

edited July 2021

@cold said:

@ezeth said:

@cold said:

1 IPv6. I don't want someone to create 10s of thousands of IPs with their own /64 block and crash the switch.

Ok, im happy that it is all about ur needs and wishes and not about the customers ! good way to do bussines.

If you need more than 1 IPv6, of course I can add it, but since this is unmanaged, and very cheap, it's not worth my time to monitor after potential IPv6 abuse trying to crash the switch.

If the switch crashes it also affects all other customers too so it's for your sake as well

• PixelsPixels Member

I refer you to @Shot2 signature link: https://www.networkworld.com/article/2223248/the-logic-of-bad-ipv6-address-management.html

You'll have a worse time dealing with tickets about blocked IPs when a single customer (/128) from your IPv6 range gets the whole /64 blacklisted as that's the minimum allocation size for an end user.

• coldcold Member
    edited July 2021

@ezeth said:

@cold said:

@ezeth said:

@cold said:

If you need more than 1 IPv6, of course I can add it, but since this is unmanaged, and very cheap, it's not worth my time to monitor after potential IPv6 abuse trying to crash the switch.

If the switch crashes it also affects all other customers too so it's for your sake as well

thank you, but NO thank you. I dont wanna deal with such customer unfriendly providers.

• @ezeth do you know what a shitbarometer is?

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited July 2021

it's not worth my time to monitor after potential IPv6 abuse trying to crash the switch

I'm sure an attitude like that fills clients wwith optimism about your service.

This whole thing is so bizarre

Dude. I literally spent 300USD on the logo. I'm sure I can afford the colocation for more than 6 months. I plan on having this up for many years to come

Are you really bragging about how much you spent on a logo?

Thanked by 2yoursunny cold
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2021

@Pixels said:
    I refer you to @Shot2 signature link: https://www.networkworld.com/article/2223248/the-logic-of-bad-ipv6-address-management.html

You'll have a worse time dealing with tickets about blocked IPs when a single customer (/128) from your IPv6 range gets the whole /64 blacklisted as that's the minimum allocation size for an end user.

It's possible they're using a /64 for each customer, but only allocating them a single IP from that range by default. Some hosts do this by default - in fact not many hosts provide a properly routed /64 range and instead just route individual IPs.

Thanked by 1Pixels
  • nvmenvme Member
    edited July 2021

@bijan588 said: Dude. I literally spent 300USD on the logo. I'm sure I can afford the colocation for more than 6 months. I plan on having this up for many years to come

>

Should have spent that amount on getting functional website and not depend on end users for bugs/ QA.
    A $5 logo from f!verr should have sufficed, I mean who is gonna notice ;)

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2021

@databoss said: You do realize the copyright and the terms of service don't mean shit when you dont even have the right company name? ie not enforceable as you do not represent the entity in the tos or copyright?

Is it required official company registrations to sell webhosting ?
    I thought there is legal term that allow individuals to act as registered company if they having selling platform(the website) and the brand name(I'm not sure if it limited to .com domain only or not) , can someone please remind me what that term called, since I use it when I register my first hosting service with 2co ~6 Yrs ago .