Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's make a list of providers to replace hostsolutions.ro
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let's make a list of providers to replace hostsolutions.ro

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
edited July 2021 in Requests

As with the recent fiasco with hostsolutions.ro many of us are looking for a cheap VPS with lots of storage and bandwidth.

If you are a provider:
Post some amazing storage deals here for people to grab, even your own current listing on your website will do. Please also post a quick AUP, and add if the storage is DMCA ignored or not, and are torrents allowed,

If you are an end-user:
Found an alternative to hostsolutions.ro POST THEM. If you don't you may just bump this thread, I guess that would be nice.

Thanks to everyone who will decide to participate in this thread, and help all refugees from hostsolutions to live another day.

Peace

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

What kind of pricing did they offer?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said:

oh boy 30 eur p/y for 1GB ram 1 vcore 1TB HDD 10TB BW
    But we need any kind of deals, and you probably got them so if ya can post them

• External drive attached to my PC and high speed internet. Noone to blame but myself it it crashes now

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2021

You need to be banned for making a thread suggesting that this host needs a replacement. Paging @default, get in here and berate him. We DO NOT suggest that this provider is anything short of perfection on LET, and if you know what's good for you you'll keep your mouth shut... OR ELSE.

• @virmach - don't you already have enough pending orders?

@jar said:
    You need to be banned for making a thread suggesting that this host needs a replacement. Paging @default, get in here and berate him. We DO NOT suggest that this provider is anything short of perfection on LET, and if you know what's good for you you'll keep your mouth shut... OR ELSE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanked by 1jar
    edited July 2021

@skorupion said:

@VirMach said:

oh boy 30 eur p/y for 1GB ram 1 vcore 1TB HDD 10TB BW

This was KVM? What kind of RAID? And what read/write speeds and upload/download speeds could you realistically expect? Would Amsterdam location be comparable to the locations they offered?

But we need any kind of deals, and you probably got them so if ya can post them

I got some parts for our storage node that's been delayed, but it'll be in Los Angeles. So I should be able to see if I can get it going today.

(edit) Forgot to mention why this is important, I won't be having Netherlands for some time.

@databoss said: @virmach - don't you already have enough pending orders?

Actually, not many people took the storage offer.

• @VirMach said:

Unsustainable.

@TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

Unsustainable.

30 Euros a year for 1TB could be done. I'm not going to promise anything, but I would like to think we don't mind taking some losses if we can help anyone out who has been (allegedly) screwed over by a company.

Thanked by 2Devil Ympker

@VirMach said: This was KVM? What kind of RAID? And what read/write speeds and upload/download speeds could you realistically expect? Would Amsterdam location be comparable to the locations they offered?

yes KVM, RAID 0 as I remember, 5 disks in RAID 0 kind of speeds, 500 Mbit would be realistic for burst and anything for constant. Hell yeah AMS would do, and they did Romania

@skorupion said: RAID 0

Oh man.

I don't see this advertised on their site or any type of warnings about this, am I okay to assume though that somehow their customers still knew that their data was at risk? Or would they only find out after it was lost forever? Was this primarily used then for data that was unimportant?

@VirMach said:

Oh man.

I don't see this advertised on their site or any type of warnings about this, am I okay to assume though that somehow their customers still knew that their data was at risk? Or would they only find out after it was lost forever? Was this primarily used then for data that was unimportant?

sorry got it mixed up it was raid 10

@skorupion said:

@VirMach said:

Oh man.

sorry got it mixed up it was raid 10

Okay, final question, how important is Europe location? I assume it's pretty important?

• Most seem to want DMCA Free etc etc

Okay, so this is something we could do. I don't know the timeline and we're notoriously bad with them so I won't even promise to sell this yet, but I would need to somehow register the level of interest.

https://forms.gle/JXSQYQUsAdxCQ4LB7

Anyone interested, please fill out the form. I'll try to either update you here or via email about how we'll proceed.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@jar said:

I honestly can't comment on this. In my opinion nobody could replace HostSolutions offers because they were too damn cheap, but you are smart enough to already know that math.

To try and answer your call: Yes, HostSolutions would need a replacement. This is because provider tag was removed from HostSolutions, so this low-end provider's chair is now available.

I love offers. I love LET for special offers. I can see Virmach already tries to step up. I respect @Virmach for the courage.

• @VirMach said:
    Okay, so this is something we could do. I don't know the timeline and we're notoriously bad with them so I won't even promise to sell this yet, but I would need to somehow register the level of interest.

Anyone interested, please fill out the form. I'll try to either update you here or via email about how we'll proceed.

Wait until Chia explodes before digging this grave.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur taizi
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I could do it, but HDD prices are meh. I found some good deals here and there.

Isn’t worth it tbh, seeing that cociu went bankrupt for doing such deals says a lot.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said:

whatever you end up doing, dont put yourself out of business.

• EddingEdding Member
    edited July 2021

Ok so who can replace my hostsolutions.ro Server

i currently "have"/had

1vCPU
    6.9GB RAM
    69GB SSD
    1GBit @ 6TB Bandwidth
    1€/y Recurring

Post could contain non-serious claims
    P.s. Yes im certain im not the reason he went Bankrupt

Thanked by 1lentro
    edited July 2021

We are now proud owners of 36x brand new 14TB HDDs (for about the same price we got our 16TB HDDs, not terrible.) Edit: plus 4 extras in case any immediately fail.

Thanked by 3AlwaysSkint bdl _MS_
  • There are were multiple positive factors about hostsolutions

• you could pay by btc
    • no dmca
    • located in Romania
    • a lot of bandwidth

End users and server owner had good privacy because of those factors.
    Romania is one of very few European Union members where data retention law isnt enforced and was labeled as unconsitutional.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Retention_Directive
    Those were my personal factors.
    BTW I never pushed more than 1-4TB of bandwidth on those servers, having 30TB in price felt very comforting

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

I can do DMCA ignored and unmetered BW in any location but HDD storage in Moldova (or any other location) is out of stock for a good few months and HS prices are unsustainable. Was thinking of doing a byo drive offer in Moldova. We worked out if you could send the drive to our London office we could have it sent down and installed for £10. Just not sure what the take-up for such an offer would be like.

• @apeweb make sure to charge a clear and distinct shipping and HANDLING fee for the drives return (like $10 plus postage to return it etc. And get the fee upfront

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

@databoss said:
    @apeweb make sure to charge a clear and distinct shipping and HANDLING fee for the drives return (like $10 plus postage to return it etc. And get the fee upfront

We would. Don't pay return shipping fee = no returned drive so is easy to enforce.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Edding said:
    Ok so who can replace my hostsolutions.ro Server

i currently "have"/had

1vCPU
    6.9GB RAM
    69GB SSD
    1GBit @ 6TB Bandwidth
    1€/y Recurring

Well maybe that's why we call it "legendary" deal.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

For anyone wanting to create the next Deadpool failure of a host here are some domain ideas.

Dollarstore.host
    DoantionsRequired.host
    1TB1Dollar.host (My personal favorite)
    bankrupt.host

All domains are currently open for grabs, please send your donation link so the community may help fund the domain purchase.

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    For anyone wanting to create the next Deadpool failure of a host here are some domain ideas.

Dollarstore.host
    DoantionsRequired.host
    1TB1Dollar.host (My personal favorite)
    bankrupt.host

All domains are currently open for grabs, please send your donation link so the community may help fund the domain purchase.

All purchased, thank you for the suggestion. Just remind me to cancel these before they renew at $68. Oh wait, why am I worried, the card will just decline.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:
    All purchased, thank you for the suggestion. Just remind me to cancel these before they renew at $68. Oh wait, why am I worried, the card will just decline.

Damn. You even registered DoantionsRequired.host with the typo "doantions".

Thanked by 2fendix lentro
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

I have a legendary deal here: https://yoursunny.com/p/summer-host/storage/

Chia farmers bought up all the hard drives? We have unlimited storage!

• Any file, any size, any content.
    • Secure storage deep in the Atlantic Ocean.
    • Advanced sorting technology keeps your data neatly ordered.
    • Download without an Internet connection via the Deep Atlantic Storage app.

HostSolutions and NOVOS BRICK refugee offer: $0.00/month

Specifics:

• DMCA does not apply in Bermuda Triangle
    • You can upload Torrents, but they won't be seeded or downloaded, because this is not a VPS
    • This is not Nextcloud or S3, and is incompatible with rclone

Read behind the scenes in Deep Atlantic Storage:

Thanked by 1niknar1900