Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BackBlaze Raising Prices on Their Backup Product
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BackBlaze Raising Prices on Their Backup Product

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thank you for being a Backblaze customer and using our Computer Backup service. We really appreciate your trust in us and are committed to continuing to provide a service that makes it easy to get your data backed up, access it from anywhere in the world, protect it from ransomware, and to locate your computer should it be lost or stolen.
Starting August 16th, 2021 at 5 p.m. Pacific, the prices of our Computer Backup service for both new purchases and renewals will change to $7 per month, $70 per year, and $130 for two-year plans. You can read more about the change on the Backblaze blog, but the primary drivers are double digit growth in customer data storage and significant increases in supply chain costs.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/subscription-changes-for-computer-backup/?utm_campaign=lowendtalk.com&utm_source=lowendtalk.com

"Additionally, not only have component prices not fallen at traditional rates, but recently electronic components that we rely on to provide our services have actually increased in price."

TL;DR: Chia.

And they still don't support Linux.

Comments

• After experiencing their slow asf uploads and downloads it's not even worth having backblaze anymore

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Good news!

• I stopped using their b2 cloud storage (S3 interface) product because of stability and upload speed for their EU location.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Probably my fault, I'm uploading my entire 55TB (and growing) collection of "Linux ISOs", 40Mbps at a time.

Thanked by 2Francisco vovler
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2021

I may drop their backup product for B2 + duplicacy, since I only am storing like 150GBs worth of files