Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DIrectAdmin tutorial?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DIrectAdmin tutorial?

ArkasArkas Moderator
edited July 2021 in Tutorials

I got a VPS with DirectAdmin. I've been using Cpanel for many years and honestly, I find DA a little difficult. I searched for DirectAdmin Tutorial here and got no results. So far I haven't had much luck on Youtube. Can anyone suggest a good tutorial that covers the setup process and security? Also, how to install softaculous would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited July 2021

For DA: https://site-helper.com/evo/sitehelper.php

For security follow the same advices that are for any generic linux system, such as changing ssh port, closing out things you don’t need, disable password based ssh access etc. Look into CSF for firewall (config server firewall).
    Anything you don’t find there, simply google “Directadmin how to do xyz” :)

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Thank you, I'll read through it but I prefer videos as it's easier for me If I have a visual aid.

• Switch to Icon Grid theme it won be that difficult

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • niceboyniceboy Veteran

I started my DirectAdmin journey with a nice guide written by @eva2000 and hostdoc(now defunct) vps that offered free DA. I think Icon grid layout will be a nice helping hand for you to a smooth sail.