Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$6.00 your first year :: 75% OFF Summer Sale! :: VPS :: KVM :: SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$6.00 your first year :: 75% OFF Summer Sale! :: VPS :: KVM :: SSD

ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep
edited July 2021 in Offers

Looking for a small, yet fast and reliable VPS? This package might be the one for you. Currently available in two locations (Oregon, USA and Singapore). If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message via our website at https://forwardweb.net or give us a ring during office hours (yes, we still use phones).

VPS512 – KVM Plan: $6.00 your first year, $24.00 after

*Use Discount Code 75OFF

KVM
512MB RAM
256MB VSwap
1 CPU Core @ 2.00+ GHz
20GB SSD Storage
500 GB of Bandwidth
One Dedicated IP Address

Available Locations: Hillsboro, OR - USA or Singapore – Southeast ASIA

Singapore Test IP: 51.79.252.173
Hillsboro Test IP: 51.81.212.32

👉 Click Here to Order

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

So that's it?

No network/DC details? Test IP? LG? :D

• Why do you use 2CheckOut for PayPal instead of directly accepting it?

Any issues with PayPal? Account blocked/banned?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@thedp said:

No network/DC details? Test IP? LG?

And - most importantly - do these come with IPv6?

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

@thedp said:
    So that's it?

Sometimes, short and simple is the way to go. If you have any specific questions, feel free to drop us a message.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Singapore? Can we have a recurring 75% off for a very limited amount? :wink: Love to have one

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • coldcold Member

looking glass ?

• JonesJones Member

@ForwardWeb
    Singapore looking glass Or test IP ?

edited July 2021

@ForwardWeb said:

@thedp said:
    So that's it?

Sometimes, short and simple is the way to go. If you have any specific questions, feel free to drop us a message.

You're selling something and you've posted an offer. How hard is it to be a little more descriptive and informative especially when those details are somewhat required by most users, for connectivity and latency tests, prior to purchasing such services?

On top of that, none of those details are available on your website. If it is, I can't seem to find it and no one should be going on a treasure hunt to look for those details.

• @ForwardWeb said: Hillsboro, OR - USA

I assume this is OVH (I'm not aware of any other provider here).

@brueggus said: And - most importantly - do these come with IPv6?

+1 for this question from me as well.

As well as what kind of a subnet you will offer (and if you will support/provide rDNS support for BOTH IPv4 and IPv6).

A looking glass or test ips (both IPv4+IPv6) would be very useful.

Thanks.

@alexvolk said:
    Why do you use 2CheckOut for PayPal instead of directly accepting it?

We had stopped accepting PayPal a few years ago (for various reasons). 2checkout is there as an alternative for those (typically international) that can not use any of the other payment methods we offer.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited July 2021

@ForwardWeb How many times are we gonna scream LG before we get it? Fucking hell

@cold said:
    looking glass ?

For which location?

@Jones said:
    @ForwardWeb
    Singapore looking glass Or test IP ?

Here you go (singapore) 51.79.252.173

Thanked by 1DP
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@ForwardWeb said:

Ah OVH... now I know why you are not showing it in your post nor your website.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@ForwardWeb said:

seems both locations are OVH :D

• coldcold Member

no v6 ?

@FAT32 said:
    Singapore? Can we have a recurring 75% off for a very limited amount? :wink: Love to have one

Not at this time, maybe sometime in the future that is something we will do for one of the holidays.

@thedp said:

@ForwardWeb said:

@thedp said:
    So that's it?

You're selling something and you've posted an offer. How hard is it to be a little more descriptive and informative especially when those details are somewhat required by most users, for connectivity and latency tests, prior to purchasing such services?

On top of that, none of those details are available on your website. If it is, I can't seem to find it and no one should be going on a treasure hunt to look for those details.

I hear you, however its not like the advert simply said "vps for sale, buy now". You get plenty of information and if you wanted more info a simple quick message would suffice. Although I just realized we do not have Hillsboro listed on our website, we do list all of our other Data Centers.

@FAT32 said:

@ForwardWeb said:

Ha, not at all and we are not hiding anything. ForwardWeb.net > Web Hosting > Our Data Centers. https://forwardweb.net/our-data-centers/

I get it though ;-)

@brueggus said:

@thedp said:

No network/DC details? Test IP? LG?

And - most importantly - do these come with IPv6?

Unfortunately IPv6 is not available for these VMs.

• @ForwardWeb said: a simple quick message would suffice.

Post that information on your website then? Should I take a look instead?

• @ForwardWeb said:

@thedp said:

@ForwardWeb said:

@thedp said:
    So that's it?

I hear you, however its not like the advert simply said "vps for sale, buy now". You get plenty of information and if you wanted more info a simple quick message would suffice. Although I just realized we do not have Hillsboro listed on our website, we do list all of our other Data Centers.

Just list the damn IPs or build yourself a looking glass so people wouldn't need to post asking the same damn questions. If you're too damn lazy, link them to OVH's official looking glass.

Thanked by 2cold hotsnow
  • Can you just make efforts to be more professional?
    See how other providers here handle things. Really.

@Kousaka said:
    Can you just make efforts to be more professional?

How have we been un-professional? Every question has been responded to professionally and in a timely manner.

@malignify said:

@ForwardWeb said:

@thedp said:

@ForwardWeb said:

@thedp said:
    So that's it?

Just list the damn IPs or build yourself a looking glass so people wouldn't need to post asking the same damn questions. If you're too damn lazy, link them to OVH's official looking glass.

If you are not wanting to contact the business you're looking to do business with, then we probably are not the right fit for you.

That being said, believe it or not, outside of this post. We typically don't get that many requests for looking glasses or test Ip's, maybe 1 out of every 10 inquiries. If this is something that is a big sticking point for the LET community when it comes to adverts, maybe bring to the admins to make this a part of the rules? Just a suggestion and yes, we will take the suggestions about test IP's and Looking Glasses as it relates to LET into consideration.

• KousakaKousaka Member
    edited July 2021

@ForwardWeb said:

@Kousaka said:

How have we been un-professional? Every question has been responded to professionally and in a timely manner.

Go see how reputable providers here do their promotions.
    Let me show you why you look unprofessional:
    No looking glass. It’s a necessary thing. From basement one man hosting to huge player like Amazon. Everyone has it.
    Correct your alphabet case. MBPS and Ip don’t look cool.
    No IPv6. People here want it. @yoursunny
    OVH reseller. I don’t mean you can’t resell OVH, but many small OVH resellers tend to deadpool after some time.
    There are plenty of nice examples in the offer area. Really, just go check how they post their offers.

You might feel we are demanding too much, but if you want to win orders from this community, you HAVE TO honor these conventions. Otherwise we just go with other providers.

• coldcold Member

@yoursunny ADD THEM TO THE LIST !!!!!!!!

Thanked by 2yoursunny Pixels
    edited July 2021

@Kousaka said:

@ForwardWeb said:

@Kousaka said:

Go see how reputable providers here do their promotions.
    Let me show you why you look unprofessional:
    No looking glass. It’s a necessary thing. From basement one man hosting to huge player like Amazon. Everyone has it.
    Correct your alphabet case. MBPS and Ip don’t look cool.
    No IPv6. People here want it. @yoursunny
    OVH reseller. I don’t mean you can’t resell OVH, but many small OVH resellers tend to deadpool after some time.
    There are plenty of nice examples in the offer area. Really, just go check how they post their offers.

I guess thats the issue of not spending enough time on forums. I did take a quick look at some recent adverts and wasn't too impressed, however I also couldn't tell you who is and is not reputable out of those I reviewed.

I can also now see how the original advert might have been perceived. To be honest, I did not even realize OVH offered VPS reseller services. We've been working with OVH for a couple of years now, however only with their bare-metal solutions as they are a better fit for our international budget conscious client.

Anyway, thank you for the clarification, I'll def keep those points in mind for future reference. Have a blessed day.

You're based out in Cali, so where do I find your Company/Business Registration details?

I don't see those details being posted anywhere.

• I just noticed the quotation in OP's signature and laughed.