Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member

wtf, other people can request people getting unbanned? I was pretty sure that cociu would need to request that, not some randos over internet.

Herby here requesting unban for @SCAM_DONT_BUY

• bdlbdl Member

@rcxb said:

@bdl said:
    While the credit is promising, I'm not sure HS will be around by the time my current Norway service needs renewing...

Did passengers on the Titanic also get a travel voucher for a discount on a future trip?

I'm not able to chargeback (as per my previous post), so at least credit back is better than five fifths of fck all...

• donkodonko Member

so.. where we can submit petitions to keep him banned?

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2021

I consider this decision right.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

--deleted--

Thanked by 1valk
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2021

I mean if he was asking to be unbanned to explain more about the current situation then fair enough.

But most if not all that requested him to be unbanned or support it need saving from themselves and unless he is banned they won't put out the candles they are holding and move on.

Also, close this thread as it will become yet another 'is it up yet', 'it's another Monday'...

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@raindog308 said:
    In response to several community requests to unban @cociu, the moderators ... agreed to unban him.

It seems though that a clear (actually it seems overwhelming) majority of the community disagrees.

What I mean is this: of course @jbiloh and the LET admins can decide whatever they please. But kindly don't sell us your decisions in a way that suggests that you decided in our favor when in fact you seem to have decided in favor of a very limited number of users, to put it politely.

That, your decision, is anyway not what I see as a major problem. What is a major problem however is that you didn't put any conditions on cociu.

The fact that the unbanning came at about the same time when HS pretty much broke down completely (going from '7 out of 9 systems working' to '2 out of 9 working', and the one in Romania at snail speed) is just an unlucky coincidence, I get it - but it's also a very clear 'bad decision!' marker.

I strongly suggest that you reconsider your decision and put some reasonable conditions on @cociu that demonstrate and reassure us that the priority of LET is the users (incl. the providers) who play along the rules.

Thanked by 2Lee Andrews
  • @raindog308
    Why was the previous thread deleted not closed? Now no one will know that cociu is a scammer.

How can we name a person who does not even maintain contact with those affected by the problem. He could login here at least once a week and write a thread explaining how he is trying to fix the problem, but he chose to escape.

In my opinion, he will not come back.

Even if he comes back, I don't think he should get a provider tag anyway.

• DazzleDazzle Member

If Cociu want to clarify things, he can use Mike PT to send the updates, but he did not.

Thanked by 2BlaZe JasonM
  • @Hotmarer said: Why was the previous thread deleted not closed?

Which thread are we talking about? The Netsilvania thread is still visible to the public, and I used a public service just to confirm there are no shenanigans going on:

https://urlscan.io/result/b0006d7e-a69a-43c9-a2e1-c550b114f4bf/

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@donko said:
    so.. where we can submit petitions to keep him banned?

• I've just received a refund from paypal, cociu didn't respond on the initial issue, so I escalated it to a human, case closed in my favour.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • LeviLevi Member

@LowLowLow said:
    I've just received a refund from paypal, cociu didn't respond on the initial issue, so I escalated it to a human, case closed in my favour.

Not refund, a chargeback.

• Tomatoe tomato, got money back

@LTniger said:

@LowLowLow said:
    I've just received a refund from paypal, cociu didn't respond on the initial issue, so I escalated it to a human, case closed in my favour.

Not refund, a chargeback.

• msattmsatt Member

Poor Admin decision / explanation.
    If someone has chosen not to communicate with the community then they should not be part of the community (until they choose to communicate PROPERLY again).
    A permanent ban may be a bit 'strong' but this provider should come with a warning marker/tag and idealy some way of pointing users to the main thread?

• @stevewatson301 said:

@Hotmarer said: Why was the previous thread deleted not closed?

Which thread are we talking about? The Netsilvania thread is still visible to the public, and I used a public service just to confirm there are no shenanigans going on:

https://urlscan.io/result/b0006d7e-a69a-43c9-a2e1-c550b114f4bf/

They changed the topic, oh

• WTF?!?!?!

are you trying to convert HS involucration to LET trust involucration?

why?

has he just bought paid ads on LET so it is better to keep him? I don't know, I am just asking as I have ad blocks and can't see all these CC clones ads on right side

I just don't get it!

did he restore all (3000) services? I just can't see it!
    did he return all the money he got and failed with services? I just can't see it!
    did he provide all the compensation credit and refunds he promised? I just can't see it!
    did he explain everything? I just can't see it!
    did he say sorry for all that 7 weeks of crap? I just can't see it!
    did he provide any proofs (i.e. photos) of his intergalactic saga of sudden simultaneous vaporization... I mean involucration of 400 physical drives after mysterious cosmic electrical surge? I just can't see it!

who next will be unbanned and able to post more scams? HostDoc?

are you out of your mind?

• LeeLee Veteran

@Andrews said: who next will be unbanned and able to post more scams? HostDoc?

If he was banned he isn't now.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • LeviLevi Member

Changed thread topic to something politically correct :) , what a wholesome move.

Borta will never come back as he lost all respect from this community. The boy who cried wolf.

• @LTniger said: Changed thread topic to something politically correct , what a wholesome move.

I disagree with the current set of pardons Mr. Biloh is running right now, but changing "bankruptcy/deadpool?" to an absolute statement of "move your services" is not a move of political correctness.

• This is all very theorical, my guess is he won't come back even if unbanned

• LeviLevi Member

@stevewatson301 said:

@LTniger said: Changed thread topic to something politically correct , what a wholesome move.

I disagree with the current set of pardons Mr. Biloh is running right now, but changing "bankruptcy/deadpool?" to an absolute statement of "move your services" is not a move of political correctness.

It is political. Thread title renamed from right to left.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

IMO, the ban should stay.

If he wants to provide his customers with updates or whatever pertaining to the Great Involucration, he should very well be communicating it via the proper/official channels, i.e. his Website, WHMCS and Mail, as how a business should, which would eventually end up being shared/posted here for the community.

Only once all of that's done and dusted and he then wants to stick around here, he'll have to go through the usual drill, by submitting a ban appeal request on LET's Help Desk, and that's when mods and admins should discuss internally before coming to a conclusion/decision.

Looking at the past screw-ups, after all that's happened, they were never even banned to begin with, AlphaRacks, Delong, HostDoc, P443John, and more, but just to name a few, and on top of that, you also have other violators, spammers, scammers and ban evaders getting unbanned.

Nevertheless, everyone's entitled to their own opinion on this matter, but this is mine and this is how I think it should be dealt with.

• @Lee said:

@Andrews said: who next will be unbanned and able to post more scams? HostDoc?

If he was banned he isn't now.

Jesus you are right.

Thanked by 1gazmull
  • EddingEdding Member
    edited July 2021

since like 30min my VPS is now down too :(
    let's hope they just fix it bcs file system is effed up

• @thedp said: and on top of that, you also have other violators, spammers, scammers and ban evaders getting unbanned.

If these people re-offend then they will be punished I assume.

@hotlineservers needs to be banned too, that guy is a scammer on a level such that most scammers even wouldn't dare stoop that low.

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

:o

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dahartigan said: If these people re-offend then they will be punished I assume.

Punished and then unbanned again (in time) - it's an endless cycle it seems.

Might as well state that the rules does not apply for repeated offenders.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Unban - Yes

Provider tag when he fixes the mess

I like the drama - from male stand point it is better to read than watch soap opera :smile: )

• @coolice said:
    Unban - Yes

Provider tag when he fixes the mess

I like the drama - from male stand point it is better to read than watch soap opera :smile: )

^ this. I don't pay much to cociu but the drama is priceless. Cheap thrills, baby!

Thanked by 1coolice