Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

@codydoby said:
    When did I post the advertisement about my shop that no one cares about?

There are 6 postings about this webshop in MJJ nest:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=suhj+site:hostloc.com

You admitted that you sold accounts containing active VPS along with the email inbox, although you didn't specify which provider:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3211814/#Comment_3211814

Given VirMach is a top provider that you often purchase from, and it's listed on your webshop, it's reasonable to suspect that you have multiple VirMach accounts and intend to sell them.

There's a provider that allows and encourages reselling VPS (not accounts).
    Maybe you can move there?
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3251581/#Comment_3251581

@codydoby mjj even admitted in that thread that he sells virmach accounts in his greasy little shit-store..

• That's crazy, so this means that if i order one special for a price / year, ill be able to renew at the same price. Later this year, a migration from Intel to Rizen will put my service down a bit but, i'll be on Ryzen for the same price and ill be able to renew at the same price?
    (i also understand until migration to Ryzen, service can be moved to another Intel. Also, location can be different but anyway in the same region).

Am i right?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@o_be_one said: That's crazy, so this means that if i order one special for a price / year, ill be able to renew at the same price. Later this year, a migration from Intel to Rizen will put my service down a bit but, i'll be on Ryzen for the same price and ill be able to renew at the same price?
    (i also understand until migration to Ryzen, service can be moved to another Intel. Also, location can be different but anyway in the same region).

Am i right?

Correct, but I would not recommend purchasing this if you only want to purchase it for Ryzen. While we will act in good faith, there's no way for you to know that and there can potentially be some risk.

For example, and we are not expecting this to happen at all right now, but if there are more hardware shortages and hardware prices double over the next 6 months, then we are not guaranteeing this so it could then become an obstacle that changes the situation.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • JabJabJabJab Member

TL;DR: VirMach crypto coin!

• @JabJab said:

Does it can get doubled ?

• edited July 2021

TL:DR Virmach Futures Contract

@ben47955 said:

@JabJab said:

Does it can get doubled ?

Yep
    Playing for fun for one year, then reselling to MJJ with 20%200% price

We're trying something new out:

One free IPv4 change for the first 7 days of purchase. This should help out a lot of people who are getting an IP that doesn't work in their country. It's still a random change though, so it's very possible it may still not work, but it's better than nothing (maybe?)

• @VirMach said:

One free IPv4 change for the first 7 days of purchase. This should help out a lot of people who are getting an IP that doesn't work in their country. It's still a random change though, so it's very possible it may still not work, but it's better than nothing (maybe?)

You will likely attract mjjs, are you sure?

We're preparing another offer for some dedicated servers if anyone's interested in getting in on them early. They will be similar "migration" offers except you won't move to Ryzens, you'll just move to E3's with better disk configurations and more locations.

We're also including basic support with these, which we've never done until now for these "unmanaged" E3's. I'll post more details shortly or it might just go in another thread.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@VirMach said: I'll post more details shortly or it might just go in another thread.

Yes, another thread. We need more VirMach threads on main page. Remember that admins do not control what shows up there, users do!

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: I'll post more details shortly or it might just go in another thread.

Yes, another thread. We need more VirMach threads on main page. Remember that admins do not control what shows up there, users do!

2030 AD, VirBot has taken over. The only place you can search the internet is LowEndTalk and all the pages are just VirMach threads.

• taizitaizi Member

@VirMach said:

3 days is enough.If you want to make Chinese(maybe excluding mjj?) customer increase the chance getting a non-blocking ip,you can make a api(detect the blocking status from China by icmp and tcp),make sure no one can abuse the ip to blocked and require change it again :)

• @JabJab said:

No worries, they are just trying to match the number of RackNerd threads. Either way, Buffalo is happy.

@databoss said:

@JabJab said:

No worries, they are just trying to match the number of RackNerd threads. Either way, Buffalo is happy.

Just posted this week's deal but I'm already excited for next week's deal!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:

Hint: Shared Hosting Offers category are separated from the Offers category limit :wink:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

What ISOs do you provide? And can own ISOs be mounted and installed to, preferably without a ticket but simply via panel?

@jsg said:
    What ISOs do you provide? And can own ISOs be mounted and installed to, preferably without a ticket but simply via panel?

We're still working on custom ISO without ticket, until then it is unfortunately manual/ticket required but yes we can mount one for you.

We provide Windows trial ISO for recovery options, Debian 8, Ubuntu 14, Ubuntu 15, Ubuntu 16, CentOS 6.8, Debian 9, CentOS 7, Ubuntu 18 Server, Ubuntu 18 Desktop, FreeBSD 12.1, OpenBSD 6.4, CoreOS, Clonezilla, RancherOS, Debian 10, CentOS 8, Netboot, Alipine, Gparted, Ubuntu 20, SystemRescueCD, and boot-repair-disk right now.

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Hint: Shared Hosting Offers category are separated from the Offers category limit :wink:

Already in the works, just waiting on something.

Thanked by 2FAT32 jsg
  • GanonkGanonk Member

@VirMach said:

We're still working on custom ISO without ticket, until then it is unfortunately manual/ticket required but yes we can mount one for you.

yess, me too

• JabJabJabJab Member

@VirMach said: Just posted this week's deal but I'm already excited for next week's deal!

Throw some hints what is gonna be next week!

• add_iTadd_iT Member

@VirMach : are old user in node LA10GKVM25 got transfered to Ryzen as well ??

• $9 deal is out of stock :D

• @kheng86 said:
    $9 deal is out of stock :D

7.2$ deal I suppose?

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: Just posted this week's deal but I'm already excited for next week's deal!

Throw some hints what is gonna be next week!

It's going to be approximately 30% more total thread count than this week's deals.

@add_iT said: @VirMach : are old user in node LA10GKVM25 got transfered to Ryzen as well ??

No, we cut it off at exactly LA10GKVM24.

@kheng86 said:
    $9 deal is out of stock :D

I don't even remember what quantity limits I put, I wonder if we have more. Let me check out back see if we have any left.

Yeah, we might have a few I'll see what I can do.

Thanked by 2go626201 Xrmaddness
  • @VirMach said: Yeah, we might have a few I'll see what I can do.

Please, let us know, it was amazing deal and I've missed it, would be happy to buy some more.

• @VirMach said:

@jsg said:

We provide Windows trial ISO for recovery options, Debian 8, Ubuntu 14, Ubuntu 15, Ubuntu 16, CentOS 6.8, Debian 9, CentOS 7, Ubuntu 18 Server, Ubuntu 18 Desktop, FreeBSD 12.1, OpenBSD 6.4, CoreOS, Clonezilla, RancherOS, Debian 10, CentOS 8, Netboot, Alipine, Gparted, Ubuntu 20, SystemRescueCD, and boot-repair-disk right now.

Add netboot.xyz ISO and you just may cut down on your custom requests.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

@jsg said:

Add netboot.xyz ISO and you just may cut down on your custom requests.

VirMach SolusVM has netboot.xyz already.
    However, netboot.xyz wants to load the entire installation disk into RAM.
    Ubuntu installer is pretty large, and it won't start on a 384MB or 512MB KVM.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2021

@yoursunny said: However, netboot.xyz wants to load the entire installation disk into RAM.
    Ubuntu installer is pretty large, and it won't start on a 384MB or 512MB KVM.

It doesn't actually load the entire installation ISO into RAM, if that's what you meant.

For Debian, it downloads a 6.5 MB kernel image plus a 29 MB initrd (initial RAM disk) for debian-installer (eg. from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/ for Buster). The initrd contains the root filesystem for the installer itself. Everything else (ie. the actual packages you're installing) is downloaded over the network while the installer is running, after you've partitioned the disk, and stored on disk.

The logic for loading the Debian kernel and initrd in netboot.xyz is here: https://github.com/netbootxyz/netboot.xyz/blob/b9d8fdef4d5f725cbdcd8a1a6d3b9b32bfcd101b/roles/netbootxyz/templates/menu/debian.ipxe.j2#L79-L81

The initrd decompresses to ~101 MB, but even then you should have plenty of RAM remaining on a 512MB RAM system. In some cases the installer will go into a "low RAM" mode where it doesn't load some of the non-essential steps in order to save RAM.

Ubuntu is generally a RAM hog compared to Debian though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've somehow bloated this out. Canonical have a habit of building new things rather than reusing existing things, and their new special implementations both make less sense and use more resources than the systems that already existed.

• GanonkGanonk Member

@VirMach please update your netboot.xyz latest version

• @VirMach please get the LA ryzen deployed

@Ganonk said:
    @VirMach please update your netboot.xyz latest version

I'll add it to the long list of things but this should hopefully actually be done soon.

@corbpie said:

@VirMach please get the LA ryzen deployed

Okay!