Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@stevewatson301 said:
    Seriously @jbiloh just go easy on your "second chances" and "free-for-all" mindset. All you're doing is to bring back aff spammers, scalpers and assholes.
    Although you're a fan of drama spirited discussions, so it's not like you care about the latter, but probably you care about the other two?

About a month and a half ago I reviewed all (every) ban on LowEndTalk and removed about 10% of the bans. It's a fine balance, and not always perfect.

• @jbiloh said:
    About a month and a half ago I reviewed all (every) ban on LowEndTalk and removed about 10% of the bans. It's a fine balance, and not always perfect.

Did The Community Rules just changed a month and half ago, that crimes of these 10% of convicts are not punished anymore? What is that, allowed now and was ultimate crime before?

Or maybe did you find out, that these 10% previous judgements/sentences were WRONG, some mistakes was made in the past?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Why is the vps still not opened after successful payment with paypal?
    Invoice #1253094

• My VPS is working harder than a cheerleader on prom night.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@anchenan said:
    Why is the vps still not opened after successful payment with paypal?
    Invoice #1253094

Multiple accounts, so it goes into manual review.

• edited July 2021

To @VirMach Futures Exchange:

1. Is Amsterdam DMCA free? Is it allowed for torrent downloading?

2. Any plan for snapshot function?
      So once my modified & experimental kernel fucked up with kernel panic, I could instantly restore VM image rather than re-install.

• last and funnest:
      If I have a dispute with a MJJ when I resold my accounts, who will own it?

@Murata_Chink_Best said: Is Amsterdam DMCA free? Is it allowed for torrent downloading?

We abide by US laws. We respond to all DMCA requests as long as they are written properly, but we're also not afraid to actually look at the requests and ensure they are valid. Torrenting will basically be allowed, yes, but not specifically torrenting of copyrighted material.

Just don't order a plan and expect to use it as a seedbox for RARBG.

@Murata_Chink_Best said: Any plan for snapshot function?

So once my modified & experimental kernel fucked up with kernel panic, I could instantly restore VM image rather than re-install.

We are highly interested in implemented something at least like this feature. We would just basically have to jerry-rig it ourselves since SolusVM is not open source and they have no plans of doing it.

We would just want to secure it properly. It may be easier if we just do backups, do them more often, and allow customers to restore their own backups, at least to start. Then later on we can maybe allow customers to also pick one "backup" they save at their chosen time. As for actual snapshot feature, it'd be cool to do, I just have too many concerns. With "backups" since SolusVM already has a function kind of like that, I'm sure we could repurpose of their code and actually have it play better with SolusVM.

@Murata_Chink_Best said: If I have a dispute with a MJJ when I resold my accounts, who will own it?

We'll just take so long to deal with it and make everyone give up.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

We'll just take so long to deal with it and make everyone give up.

lol 😂

• @VirMach said: we have just multiplied the bandwidth limit on SolusVM by 2, since you're never going to use it anyway.

lol

• chitypochitypo Member
    edited July 2021

Is there no finished Debian 10 or Ubuntu 20.04 image?

Limited installations
    Total Re-installs: 0 of 50 (50 free)
    how much does it cost after 50 installations?

IP has 6 bad listings of 96
    my server ip 6x Blacklisted

• @chitypo said:

Limited installations

You're shown the door. Do that shit on a local VM.

Have them delisted and then don't get them relisted.

• @TimboJones said:

@chitypo said:

Limited installations

class clown?
    In contrast to you, I have a degree in computer science.
    these are legitimate questions, if almost only outdated images are kept. if they don't suit you go ahead.

fun fact.
    I know how to install / configure an iso.

• valkvalk Member

I wonder why there isn't a virtio iso in the iso menu

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@chitypo said:
    Limited installations

Installation quota is enforced in WHMCS only, not in SolusVM.
    You can reinstall without consuming quota in SolusVM, including template and VNC.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@VirMach - any ETA on this migration downtime of more than 17 hours?

• @chitypo said:

@TimboJones said:

@chitypo said:

Limited installations

class clown?

I doubt that. You plan to exceed 50 installs a year. Who's incompetent here? Protip: if you randomly need to state you have a degree, you're doing it wrong.

these are legitimate questions, if almost only outdated images are kept. if they don't suit you go ahead.

Go ahead and what? You didn't ask anything about blacklisted IP's, just random statement with no context.

fun fact.
    I know how to install / configure an iso.

Then you need one install, not 51. Not sure why you're asking about going over 50 installs.

• edited July 2021

@FAT32 said: How is this guy above unbanned... did someone just unbanned everyone

You mean the flying MJJ, infamous AFF man, deceit & fraud site owner Gongyi?

"Any provider with AFF link is recommended"

• @chitypo said:

Who asked?

Thanked by 1Murata_Chink_Best
  • edited July 2021

@jmgcaguicla said:

@chitypo said:

Who asked?

Bachelor of reinstallation, I presume :D

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • EdmondEdmond Member

More free temporary services please? :'(

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

Unfortunately, a few customers got this email message:

Dear VirMach Customers,

We sent out an email regarding emergency maintenance on LAKVM24, and proceeded with the said maintenance. Unfortunately, the maintenance was not successful and had further unexpected complications. LAKVM24 did not report a problem specifically with the RAID controller, but only needed some failed disks replaced. We have since found out that it may have just been the RAID controller misreporting these disks as failed, so there is some hope for data recovery but we are sending it to the primary datacenter location in Buffalo, NY, where it can be investigated further.

As of right now there is potential data loss, but we were also able to mount the filesystem and see some structure to the filesystem. In any case, there may be some data loss.

What can we do?

We can generate a courtesy service free of charge that will run alongside your current service experiencing issues. Let us know by creating a ticket titled exactly "Requesting Courtesy Service" and let us know if you plan on using this new service moving forward, or temporarily.
    We can check our end for disaster recovery backups. Contact us and let us know you want the system checked to see if there is a viable disaster recovery backup if you have important data. Please note, however, that these backups are not guaranteed.

We apologize for the inconvenience and longer than usual outage here.

-The VirMach Team

• My courtesy service can be when you get them LA ryzens up

edited July 2021

@chitypo said: Limited installations

I thought I replied to this, maybe it timed out?

Anyway, I should have said something along the lines of first we wondering why you're even re-installing that many times and if it breaks our AUP or not, and then we proceed accordingly, usually resetting or increasing the quantity.

(edit) Oh and I also mentioned how it's basically a soft block anyway, there's many ways you can bypass it.

@default said: Unfortunately, a few customers got this email message:

I'm actually furious about this instance because of how ColoCrossing handled it, but yes, those emails are sending out now. There shouldn't have been any data loss and I'm hoping it can still be salvaged but unfortunately all the smart people working there left.

@chitypo said: Is there no finished Debian 10 or Ubuntu 20.04 image?

Couldn't get to do anything like that this week, unfortunately.

@default said: @VirMach - any ETA on this migration downtime of more than 17 hours?

All updates provided on network status page. If anyone messaged me here, or made a ticket they will probably get answered after official communication on network status page.

Thanked by 1default

@default said: @VirMach - any ETA on this migration downtime of more than 17 hours?

Just updating you on this, I'd rather do it unofficially at this stage because I don't want to give everyone false hope. I only want to give you, @default , false hope, since you mentioned it here.

I noticed something to be different than how it was portrayed by a sys admin on their end. This opens up the possibility of migrating everyone's data off in an emergency migration. The data may or may not be corrupted, but at least we could maybe do this before sending it off to Buffalo for a game of operation.

• Good price but I wonder the duration of downtime due to migration. 10-20hours is fine for me but (if possible)weeks of downtime could be annoying.

@FrozenAngels said: Good price but I wonder the duration of downtime due to migration. 10-20hours is fine for me but (if possible)weeks of downtime could be annoying.

We've developed new logistics for migration that allows us to migrate them with very low downtime for Linux. It ends up being about an hour right now. Problem is, this doesn't work with Windows and we're trying to figure out a better way to include that as well.

Worst case scenario, it ends up being about 6 to 8 hours max, barring any major complications.

• @codydoby do you still sell dodgy virmach accounts mjj?

• GanonkGanonk Member

@VirMach please process ticket #623097

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@dahartigan said:
    @codydoby do you still sell dodgy virmach accounts mjj?

Yes: https://s.suhj.com/product/8.html

独服租的话,一个月起租。其中:
    - KS7 80一个月
    Core™ i3-21302核4线程3.4 GHz+;内存8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz;硬盘 2 TB;100Mbps网;无限流量。
    官网链接:https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk18
    - Online 5.99欧元独服,50一个月
    机器都在法国,可帮搭Pt环境。

VPS 有 Virmach/OVH/OnetSolutions/etc

Dedicated server, minimal 1 month.

• Kimsufi KS-7: $80/month
    • Online €5.99 dedicated: $50/month

Both are in France. Seller will assist with PT installation.

VPS available:

• Virmach
    • OVH
    • OnetSolutions
    • etc

🤘 notice: above is translation of third party website, it's not an offer, it's scam don't buy 🤘

It's unclear what "PT" refers to.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@yoursunny said:
    It's unclear what "PT" refers to.

PT stands for Private Tracker - torrent.