Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• govac8govac8 Member

@Degelta said: Processor : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)

How you did that? I am on QEMU and dunno how to enable displaying concrete processor.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@govac8 said:

How you did that? I am on QEMU and dunno how to enable displaying concrete processor.

Install Debian 6 template once, then reinstall to your desired OS.
    It's a hidden feature of SolusVM.

Thanked by 2RecD szymonp
  • drizbodrizbo Member

Do I understand this correctly? If I buy the "3GB MIGRATION SPECIAL" it will be canceled after 1 year without possibility to extend?

• coldcold Member

no ipv6 on any locations?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2021

@yoursunny said: Install Debian 6 template once, then reinstall to your desired OS.

I wonder how many people are reinstalling right now because you said this?

• @yoursunny said:

@govac8 said:

Not only debian6, templates with "gen2" or something make the magic work.

• govac8govac8 Member

@yoursunny said: It's a hidden feature of SolusVM.

Cheat? Easter egg? IDDQD, IDKFA?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@drizbo said: Do I understand this correctly? If I buy the "3GB MIGRATION SPECIAL" it will be canceled after 1 year without possibility to extend?

Migration specials get migrated.

Temporary term specials get cancelled.

@cold said: no ipv6 on any locations?

Only after migration to Ryzen. Not guaranteed, but basically guaranteed. Without being guaranteed of course.

edited July 2021

@stevewatson301 said: I bought a BF special during 2020. As I understand it, you guys are moving out of CC entirely, so my VPS will be moved out of CC as well in due course if I got this correctly?

Not guaranteed. Who knows, maybe we'll keep some just to torture people.

@stevewatson301 said: Is this just a what-if, or is this a real thing that happened to Virmach? Is the company in question that doesn't have a clue named Colocrossing?

It was just a hypothetical realistic situation that could occur to any company with similar strategies.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@elliotc said:

@yoursunny said:

Not only debian6, templates with "gen2" or something make the magic work.

That's correct.

@govac8 said:

@yoursunny said: It's a hidden feature of SolusVM.

Cheat? Easter egg? IDDQD, IDKFA?

You can also do 233 push-ups in front of the VNC window to activate host model CPU. 🐶

@FrankZ said:
    I wonder how many people are reinstalling right now because you said this?

I wonder how many people are doing push-ups right now because I said this?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • govac8govac8 Member

@yoursunny said: I wonder how many people are doing push-ups right now because I said this?

I will do some in your honor, also can do something like called 'podtyagivaniya' but later.

@yoursunny said: You can also do 233 push-ups in front of the VNC window to activate host model CPU. 🐶

Only 233? Can I buy a discount?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@yoursunny said: You can also do 233 push-ups in front of the VNC window to activate host model CPU. 🐶

If anyone actually does this and records it I'll activate host model CPU for them. I'll also do it if they create a ticket and ask.

• govac8govac8 Member

@VirMach said: I'll also do it if they create a ticket and ask

So easy, push-ups are better IMO

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach Just a question regarding cpu in Amsterdam.

For example I have a BF box with you with really poor cpu performance which I can't really use for much, but I didnt expect much from it as it was super cheap.

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2099.998 MHz
    Single Core     | 246
    Multi Core      | 338

I dont expect to get rocket ship for 35$ /y box, but just aproximately what can I expect in Amsterdam location for the 3 core package?

And I suppose you dont intend on adding plans with 4-6 cores?

edited July 2021

@drizbo said:
    @VirMach Just a question regarding cpu in Amsterdam.

For example I have a BF box with you with really poor cpu performance which I can't really use for much, but I didnt expect much from it as it was super cheap.

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2099.998 MHz
    Single Core     | 246
    Multi Core      | 338

I dont expect to get rocket ship for 35$ /y box, but just aproximately what can I expect in Amsterdam location for the 3 core package?

And I suppose you dont intend on adding plans with 4-6 cores?

Amsterdam uses specifically (dual*) E5-2687W v2. I believe (but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong) it is the highest base clock speed 2x eight core Xeon (non-scalable) processor at 3.4GHz.

Thanked by 1drizbo
  • drizbodrizbo Member

@VirMach Sorry to bother. But would it be possible to combine 2x 3G packs into 1 VM via ticket?

I'd be patient if it wouldn't be too much work o:)

• "I like VirMach™ more and more each day because it makes my life a lot easier. After using VirMach™ my business skyrocketed!" - Ervin U.

Thanked by 2alilet VirMach

@drizbo said: @VirMach Sorry to bother. But would it be possible to combine 2x 3G packs into 1 VM via ticket?

I'd be patient if it wouldn't be too much work

Sorry, we don't combine services.

• CybrCybr Member

Any chance of a migration special with more ram?

Hoping that some bigger temporary specials will still be coming too.

edited July 2021

@Cybr said: Any chance of a migration special with more ram?

These were sold with the intention of just being good plans on their own, regardless of migration to Ryzen. In the future, if we did more sales, I cannot promise we will continue to do that so the RAM level would actually unfortunately (most likely) only go down for the price. This is due to Ryzen being capped at 128GB per server and we don't want to do crazy oversells.

Unless you mean more RAM regardless of price. Then, at some point in time I'm sure it will happen.

As for temporarily specials, big ones, yes, they'll come. Unfortunately we're just backed up at the moment. We just finished dealing with a bunch of outages and then got busy with migrations and a lot of tickets as a result of migrations. I'll still sprinkle a few deals here and there, but I don't know how many days until a big special comes. The original plan was to post like 50 of these, so far we have two.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • CybrCybr Member

@VirMach said:
    These were sold with the intention of just being good plans on their own, regardless of migration to Ryzen. In the future, if we did more sales, I cannot promise we will continue to do that so the RAM level would actually unfortunately (most likely) only go down for the price. This is due to Ryzen being capped at 128GB per server and we don't want to do crazy oversells.

Unless you mean more RAM regardless of price. Then, at some point in time I'm sure it will happen.

I understand. The migration offers are good deals and include some locations that I'm interested in, but sadly the biggest one doesn't have enough ram for my long term needs.

As for temporarily specials, big ones, yes, they'll come. Unfortunately we're just backed up at the moment. We just finished dealing with a bunch of outages and then got busy with migrations and a lot of tickets as a result of migrations. I'll still sprinkle a few deals here and there, but I don't know how many days until a big special comes. The original plan was to post like 50 of these, so far we have two.

Sounds great. I'll be keeping an eye out for them and hope I don't miss out.

• gongyigongyi Member

@VirMach
    Ticket #147594 , please help!

i paid 2 times , but just one was added on my account , where is the other ?
    paypal transfer : 5D9691205X1144043 , 7SB74059HL0253915

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

How is this guy above unbanned... did someone just unbanned everyone

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited July 2021

@cociu has been unbanned too!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@notarobo said:
    cociu has been unbanned too!

That was discussed as we don't think what he did is serious enough to be banned, but just revoking of provider tag.

• CybrCybr Member
    edited July 2021

@FAT32 said:
    How is this guy above unbanned... did someone just unbanned everyone

@notarobo said:
    @cociu has been unbanned too!

Has the ban list been involucrated?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Virmach Futures Exchange!
    Can wait to resell it to MJJ!

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

Seriously @jbiloh just go easy on your "second chances" and "free-for-all" mindset. All you're doing is to bring back aff spammers, scalpers and assholes.
    Although you're a fan of drama spirited discussions, so it's not like you care about the latter, but probably you care about the other two?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • darbdarb Member

It is all part of the 4th of July Celebrations on LET; pardon every creep, murderer, lowlife scammer and criminal like Trump did on his way out the door

• coldcold Member

@VirMach can u please check ur inbox ?