Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzen Server Needed [USA] (3900x or better)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ryzen Server Needed [USA] (3900x or better)

Looking for a Ryzen Server with the whole dedicated cpu

Requirements:-

Ryzen 9 3900x or better (whole 12 core cpu)
16GB RAM (ecc or non ecc both works)
500~GB SSD

Budget: Negotiable (Leave your prices in comments please)

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

You're not going to get 12 dedicated cores on the cheap, the $120/month offers are probably about on point.

The biggest ryzen pusher on the market at the moment is Reliablesite and they charge $209/month for a Ryzen 3900X.

There's a reason hotlineservers is now dead.

Francisco

• What if either EU or USA? I've noticed Ryzen Servers are more expensive in the USA then EU myself

• And the reason why i only need a beefy CPU and a small amount of ram is because my application is a CPU heavy application and at max loads it doesn't use more than 6~GB of ram. I checked reliable site and they give 4TB of NVME + 128GB of ram, That's something i don't need as 8-16GB of ram + 256-512gb of storage with a amd high core CPU is good enough for me

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited July 2021

Would this work for you?

AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X - 12x 3.80 GHz (24x Threads, 4.60 GHz Max Boost Clock)
    64 GB DDR4 RAM
    1TB SSD Storage
    40 TB Monthly Transfer
    1Gbps Network Port
    Premium Network Blend
    5 IPv4 Addresses
    Utah - West Coast Datacenter Location

$228.65 USD monthly (aff with coupon)

• Too expensive compared to hotline and a few other providers, I don't need so much ram and stuff or multiple IPs. Just need a dedicated CPU because of my resource heavy application

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AshTheTrash said:
    And the reason why i only need a beefy CPU and a small amount of ram is because my application is a CPU heavy application and at max loads it doesn't use more than 6~GB of ram. I checked reliable site and they give 4TB of NVME + 128GB of ram, That's something i don't need as 8-16GB of ram + 256-512gb of storage with a amd high core CPU is good enough for me

Parts are still expensive. Let me give you a break down.

• CPU is anywhere from $400 to $600 depending on if you're scrounging ebay or new
    • RAM is still $130~$180 per 32GB DIMM, depending on brand/stock
    • ASROCK X470D4U's are $280+, with X570D4U's being mid $300's
    • Chassis is anywhere from FREE (reusing what you have) to $100 (also used)
    • Storage is $200 - $600 depending on if it's a pair of 1T or 2Ts
    • Heatsink is anywhere from $40 to $100 depending on model
    • Probably something else I forgot (addon cards, etc)

You're past $2000/ea to build that node.

That's not counting the cost of power, colocation, staff, bandwidth, IP's, licenses, etc, in that either.

Hotline was going to have to sell at least 6+ of these plans per node to just cover cost and pray only a few people actually slap the cores.

Francisco

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ax
    AX61-NVME is in stock.

If you can consider a VM with 12 non-dedicated cores but with an unlimited CPU usage policy then let me know and I might be able to arrange something.

• @Francisco said:

@AshTheTrash said:
    And the reason why i only need a beefy CPU and a small amount of ram is because my application is a CPU heavy application and at max loads it doesn't use more than 6~GB of ram. I checked reliable site and they give 4TB of NVME + 128GB of ram, That's something i don't need as 8-16GB of ram + 256-512gb of storage with a amd high core CPU is good enough for me

Parts are still expensive. Let me give you a break down.

• CPU is anywhere from $400 to $600 depending on if you're scrounging ebay or new
    • RAM is still $130~$180 per 32GB DIMM, depending on brand/stock
    • ASROCK X470D4U's are $280+, with X570D4U's being mid $300's
    • Chassis is anywhere from FREE (reusing what you have) to $100 (also used)
    • Storage is $200 - $600 depending on if it's a pair of 1T or 2Ts
    • Heatsink is anywhere from $40 to $100 depending on model
    • Probably something else I forgot (addon cards, etc)

You're past $2000/ea to build that node.

That's not counting the cost of power, colocation, staff, bandwidth, IP's, licenses, etc, in that either.

Hotline was going to have to sell at least 6+ of these plans per node to just cover cost and pray only a few people actually slap the cores.

Francisco

No wonder he deadpooled

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

As Fran mentioned, you cannot get cheap price with Ryzen now. The hardware cost has been increasing a lot in the past few months. Your best bets are Reliablesites or Hetzner.

• @AshTheTrash said:
    Too expensive compared to hotline and a few other providers, I don't need so much ram and stuff or multiple IPs. Just need a dedicated CPU because of my resource heavy application

Hotline is dead bruh

• Okay how about this one?

AMD Ryzen 3700X (8 Cores, 16 Threads @ 3.60 GHz)
    32 GB RAM
    1.2 TB NVMe Storage
    20 TB Monthly Transfer
    1Gbps Network Port
    Premium Network Blend
    /29 IPv4 - 5 IPv4 Addresses
    Los Angeles or Utah Datacenter Location

$189.00 USD monthly (aff)

I doubt you'll find a better deal than that.

Thanked by 2FAT32 Aidan
  • @exception0x876 said:
    AX61-NVME is in stock.

If you can consider a VM with 12 non-dedicated cores but with an unlimited CPU usage policy then let me know and I might be able to arrange something.

Maybe if i could get 24 or more vcores with 8-16GB of ram and a few hundred GBs of SSD, i could consider something

• @dahartigan said:
    Okay how about this one?

32 GB RAM
    1.2 TB NVMe Storage
    20 TB Monthly Transfer
    1Gbps Network Port
    Premium Network Blend

good deal but what would be the point of spending almost 200$ just to use 6-8gb of ram and 100~GB of SSD which is for personal usage

• @AshTheTrash said:

@dahartigan said:
    Okay how about this one?

32 GB RAM
    1.2 TB NVMe Storage
    20 TB Monthly Transfer
    1Gbps Network Port
    Premium Network Blend

good deal but what would be the point of spending almost 200$ just to use 6-8gb of ram and 100~GB of SSD which is for personal usage

It's dedicated and you have room for your project to grow/host other stuff there? I don't know, why does anyone use the things they use? :)

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@AshTheTrash said:

@exception0x876 said:
    AX61-NVME is in stock.

Maybe if i could get 24 or more vcores with 8-16GB of ram and a few hundred GBs of SSD, i could consider something

If you want 24 vCores you should really go with that Hetzner dedi, it won't get cheaper than that.

• Or if you guys could suggest me a good single/dual core ryzen server deals, that would be really nice, I'd need about 8+ of these small 1/2 core servers because my application is sharded and it's really hard to find a whole CPU with low ram (under 32/64gb)

• @AshTheTrash said:
    Or if you guys could suggest me a good single/dual core ryzen server deals, that would be really nice, I'd need about 8+ of these small 1/2 core servers because my application is sharded and it's really hard to find a whole CPU with low ram (under 32/64gb)

Have a look around my aff garden - if you want cheap Ryzen VPS then you'll be in for a treat.

• @dahartigan said:

@AshTheTrash said:
    Or if you guys could suggest me a good single/dual core ryzen server deals, that would be really nice, I'd need about 8+ of these small 1/2 core servers because my application is sharded and it's really hard to find a whole CPU with low ram (under 32/64gb)

Have a look around my aff garden - if you want cheap Ryzen VPS then you'll be in for a treat.

WOW!!
    We've doubled your bandwidth and CPU cores..

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@AshTheTrash said:

WOW!!

Thank you for your comment, I've doubled your invoice.

• @dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@AshTheTrash said:

WOW!!

You got an offer for a ryzen server with vcores and not dedicated? my application is javascript based and javascript is single threaded, so i believe at max load it could max out the single vcpu? It's hard to explain but vcores would be better for my application if i am buying in singles, though thank you for the listing it has really good pricing and overall it's really good, might buy something from there in future

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @AshTheTrash said:

@dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@AshTheTrash said:

WOW!!

You got an offer for a ryzen server with vcores and not dedicated? my application is javascript based and javascript is single threaded, so i believe at max load it could max out the single vcpu? It's hard to explain but vcores would be better for my application if i am buying in singles, though thank you for the listing it has really good pricing and overall it's really good, might buy something from there in future

Scroll down that list or do a Control-F to search for keywords, you'll see that there are VPS and they are what you're referring to a v-cores, shared but still able to be used at 100% for bursts of time. There are links at the top to sort them into $10-$20-$30/year categories, but they are generally smaller plans.

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

@AshTheTrash said:

500~GB SSD

I think @Francisco already gave quite a good breakdown of the hardware costs (and I think he still is optimistic!).

Would Munich, Germany be an option and what do you mean exactly with "whole dedicated CPU"? And is this for a few months or maybe a year or two?

• @tomazu said:

@AshTheTrash said:

500~GB SSD

I think @Francisco already gave quite a good breakdown of the hardware costs (and I think he still is optimistic!).

Would Munich, Germany be an option and what do you mean exactly with "whole dedicated CPU"? And is this for a few months or maybe a year or two?

I'll be for a while because as my application grows I'll have to keep up with server quality for the functioning of my application. So you could say a few years but starting from a small plan and going to a very big one (thousands of dollars) in future

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@dahartigan said:
    Okay how about this one?

Your single link violates rules:
    ANY AFFILIATE LINKS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED AND A NON AFFILIATE LINK PROVIDED IN THE SAME SIZE.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@AshTheTrash said:
    And the reason why i only need a beefy CPU and a small amount of ram is because my application is a CPU heavy application and at max loads it doesn't use more than 6~GB of ram.

If you can compile the app for ARMv8, Oracle Cloud A1 flexible shape may work.
    You can scale CPU and RAM separately.
    CPU-RAM ratio is between 1GB and 64GB RAM per CPU.

If you have predictable traffic (e.g. fewer requests at night), you can resize your instance at any time via API.
    However, this requires a reboot.

There is a free tier.
    With billing enabled, price is $7.20/month for each CPU and $1.07/month for each GB RAM.

• @yoursunny said:

@dahartigan said:
    Okay how about this one?

Your single link violates rules:
    ANY AFFILIATE LINKS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED AND A NON AFFILIATE LINK PROVIDED IN THE SAME SIZE.

Thanks officer @yoursunny. It's too late for me to edit the post but will remember it for future. You should be out patrolling providers without IPv6, not workin' the beat busting down small-time rule infringements.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

You can get 10 dedicated epyc cores from prepaid-hoster.de with 400gb ssd and 16gb ram for 30€ recurring
    https://www.prepaid-hoster.de/vserver/root-server-mieten/kvm-root-server-konfigurator.html

If you want dedicated and intel is fine you can get an i7 8700k for $105 a month
    https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=323

or a i9 9900k for $129
    https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=335

also a ryzen 5600x from ovh for 113 a month
    https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/bare-metal/game/game-1/

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • HxxxHxxx Member

I doubt you need that much power. Optimize your application when possible. Hetzner and Wholesaleinternet are the only ones with Ryzen prices for your budget.

Your application probably runs good on a good ol' E3 fully dedicated or a Dual E5. Don't give into the hype.

I respect, use and love some of the best Ryzen VM providers, but at some point one has to draw the line and consider:

1- Ryzen is desktop hardware. At this point you might be better colocating your own. Buy some in newegg at cheap prices.

2- Most Ryzen VM's are over priced. Considering you are receiving a thread and not a core. For sake of clarity when they say dedicated core they mean a thread (vcore). Is not a full core core.

@AshTheTrash

Cordially / Respectfully

• momkinmomkin Member

@Hxxx said:
    I doubt you need that much power. Optimize your application when possible. Hetzner and Wholesaleinternet are the only ones with Ryzen prices for your budget.

Wholesaleinternet Plans are mostly if not all " HDD storage " , which is like having a ferrari car with Renault 4 engine inside :smiley: