Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Hosting

somiksomik Member
edited July 2021 in Requests

Hi,

i need a cheap email hosting solution for personal use. I'll use it to receive emails only.

What I need:

• Custom domain support (I'll setup MX entries on my end)
  • Virus scanning
  • Spam filtering
  • IMAP support
  • At least 2GB space
  • Catchall support for alias
  • Option to change primary domain

I previously setup my own server, however since I need to use a catchall mail, my implementation broke the spam filtering...

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Maybe @jar can help you out?

Thanked by 1somik
  • @somik said:
    Hi,

i need a cheap email hosting solution for personal use. I'll use it to receive emails only.

What I need:

• Custom domain support (I'll setup MX entries on my end)
    • Virus scanning
    • Spam filtering
    • IMAP support
    • At least 2GB space
    • Catchall support for alias
    • Option to change primary domain

I previously setup my own server, however since I need to use a catchall mail, my implementation broke the spam filtering...

Any recommendations?

Powered by awesome MXRoute

Thanked by 1somik
  • MXRoutes as the gentlemen above said or host your own Email server.

Get the specs you need in a VPS from solid providers here and install KeyHelp on it.

Thanked by 1somik
  • There is SmallWeb or NexusBytes

Thanked by 2somik seriesn
  • @GOBBLES said:
    There is SmallWeb or NexusBytes

Both using MXroute.. but yeah, they are cheaper id you need a small amount..

Thanked by 1somik
  • please, please, please.. we need a sticky thread telling everybody looking for an email provider to go with @jar

• somiksomik Member

@PandoGulf said:
    MXRoutes as the gentlemen above said or host your own Email server.

Get the specs you need in a VPS from solid providers here and install KeyHelp on it.

I'll check out MXRoutes, since most recommend it.

Tried out the own server setup previously, did not work out well. I'll look into the keyhelp panel as well.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

MXRoute. I shifted from GSuite to MXRoute some years back & it's just doing great as what it's supposed to do. No issues or anything.

Thanked by 1somik
  • mxroute or vps + mailcow

Thanked by 1somik
  • somiksomik Member

@BlaZe said:
    MXRoute. I shifted from GSuite to MXRoute some years back & it's just doing great as what it's supposed to do. No issues or anything.

I am currently using GSuite for one of my domains. If I may ask, why did you swtich from GSuite to MXRoute? I mean what was the main benifits of switching.

@jcarlo9 said:
    mxroute or vps + mailcow

Ya, i saw mailcow. The 6+1 GB RAM requirement scared me off though. I mean normal webserver+database+mail combined takes around 2GB max...

• pikepike Veteran

@somik said:
    I am currently using GSuite for one of my domains. If I may ask, why did you swtich from GSuite to MXRoute? I mean what was the main benifits of switching.

10$/m vs 10$/yr + unlimited domains over at MXRoute.

Thanked by 2BlaZe somik
  • jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred
    edited July 2021

@somik said:

@jcarlo9 said:
    mxroute or vps + mailcow

Ya, i saw mailcow. The 6+1 GB RAM requirement scared me off though. I mean normal webserver+database+mail combined takes around 2GB max...

You can disable solr, clamd and SoGo then you're good to go.

Thanked by 1somik
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@somik said:

This ->

@pike said:

10$/m vs 10$/yr + unlimited domains over at MXRoute.

Thanked by 1somik
  • Still looking for reviews on @LunaNode 's offering :(

• gmsgms Member

mxroute or any vps with mail-in-a-box.

Thanked by 1somik
  • Go with mailcheap.co

Thanked by 1somik
  • somiksomik Member

@jcarlo9 said:

@somik said:

You can disable solr, clamd and SoGo then you're good to go.

I need clamd. I guess solr is not needed as i dont need indexing. SoGo... not sure what it is. Will need to readup.

@gms said:
    mxroute or any vps with mail-in-a-box.

Thanks. Wasn't familier with mail-in-a-box. Seems easy to setup. Will give it a try.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

I've setup many email servers on vps and to be honest always worried about security, it's that little thing in the back of my mind... what if? Tried MXroute found the direct admin panel a bit confusing. Mail In A Box was blocking a lot of emails i found even with all the dns settings set DKIM etc. i gave up and went with FastMail.com due to their high security. but then again i never tried Mail Cow

Thanked by 1somik
  • @somik maybe look at purelymail.com . They had a long thread on news.ycombinator.com today

Thanked by 1somik
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Many good choices mentioned. Holler if you need anything. I'll be over here starting the revolution as usual 😂

Thanked by 1somik
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited July 2021

If it doesn't need to be selfhosted then I would suggest to take a look at Yandex 360 Mail.

• Custom domains support
    • Good spam filtering
    • 10GB per user
    • catch-all available
    • IMAP & POP3 available
    • you can setup alias domains and mails will be redirected to primary domain

all of above for free!
    You don't need to worry about configuration, updates, hackers etc., just add MX to DNS and it will work fine for years.

If you need more space in future then you can jump to paid plans:
    153 ₽/100GB per user ($2.09 now)
    311 ₽/1TB per user ($4.25 now)
    824 ₽/3TB per user ($11.26 now)
    You also get some others things like priority support with paid plan.

Thanked by 1somik
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@AXYZE said:
    If it doesn't need to be selfhosted then I would suggest to take a look at Yandex 360 Mail.

• Custom domains support
    • Good spam filtering
    • 10GB per user
    • catch-all available
    • IMAP & POP3 available
    • you can setup alias domains and mails will be redirected to primary domain

all of above for free!
    You don't need to worry about configuration, updates, hackers etc., just add MX to DNS and it will work fine for years.

If you need more space in future then you can jump to paid plans:
    153 ₽/100GB per user ($2.09 now)
    311 ₽/1TB per user ($4.25 now)
    824 ₽/3TB per user ($11.26 now)
    You also get some others things like priority support with paid plan.

yandex.mail is pretty good, especially for free.

Thanked by 1somik