Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important Changes at Spearware Networks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Important Changes at Spearware Networks

Spearware Networks LLC has reached an agreement for our VPS hosting offerings in Tampa, FL and Montreal, QC to be acquired by Slacker Networks.

This was not an easy decision to make. As some of you may be aware, a few members of my wife's family are suffering some severe health issues that's taking up a large percentage of my time. As a result, customers have had to wait extended periods of time for support, which was not my intent.

On the brighter side of things, we are not closing our doors for all services. We will continue to offer colocation services to current and future customers.

As part of this acquisition, the service locations and hardware will not be changing. Tampa customers will remain in Tampa, Montreal customers will remain in Montreal.

I will be employed by Slacker Networks to ease the transition and assist throughout the next few months to make this as seamless as possible.

I would like to thank all customers for their patronage and support throughout this time. Rest assured, you will continue to receive the highest quality of support and service throughout this transition and going forward.

Below is a message from Slacker Networks on the acquisition, and I must say — they have some pretty awesome things lined up for VPS customers!

About Slacker Networks

We're a Canadian owned and run business with presence in Montreal, QC. We take pride in offering fast, reliable and affordable solutions for our customers, and we welcome the Spearware Networks VPS customers onto our platform.

Our Platform:

We're committed to providing top-notch services, and we're not stopping there! In the coming months, our in-house OpenStack-powered virtual server management portal will be live and all Spearware Networks customers will be transitioned on to it.

With our panel comes new features such as:

• Block Storage
  • Object Storage
  • Network Load Balances
  • NVMe local storage
  • BGP Sessions
  • Unmetered bandwidth
  • Floating IPs
  • and tons more great features!

What's changing immediately?

This week you will receive notification of your account being migrated from the Spearware Networks billing portal to the Slacker Networks billing portal. We ask that all customers open a ticket upon receiving notice their account has been migrated with their service IDs and we will migrate your services to our portal. You will be able to pay all future invoices with Credit/Debit, Crypto Currency and PayPal through our portal.

The Best News:

Nothing is changing when it comes to pricing, plans and the underlying hardware. Gradually over the next 3 months, we will change your IP address(es) assigned to Slacker Network's owned IP addresses. The gradual IP change will make the transition process smoother for all customers.

Upcoming Changes:

• Within 60 days, Slacker Networks will be offering Path DDoS Protected IP addresses for $3/month per IP address (estimated: 30 days)
  • Within 180 days, Slacker Networks will give 30 days notice of transition of IPv4 addresses (estimated: 60 days)

We welcome all Spearware Networks customers to the Slacker Networks family!

Thanked by 1lanefu

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Knew it wouldn't last long

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@skorupion said:

Thanks for the feedback, this was an incredibly difficult decision to make...

@SWN_Michael said:

@skorupion said:

Dude... I've got multiple sick family members. Not cool, and not the time.

Honestly good luck to them and you. I'm just saying that I knew that this company would be sold/go bankrupt eventually soon. Take care, and Bye!

Thanked by 2mike1s Marx
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

All the best for you and your family, Michael! Hope they'll get better soon.

• mike1smike1s Member

@skorupion said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@skorupion said:

Honestly good luck to them and you. I'm just saying that I knew that this company would be sold/go bankrupt eventually soon. Take care, and Bye!

Was a very difficult decision to make. I wish I didn't have to, but family is very important and it's best for me to be able to spend as much time with them as I can.

@SWN_Michael said:

@skorupion said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@skorupion said:

Was a very difficult decision to make. I wish I didn't have to, but family is very important and it's best for me to be able to spend as much time with them as I can.

True good luck once again and sorry if I sounded rude or something

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

Hope everything is alright with you and the transition to the new company

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@SWN_Michael said:

• Within 180 days, Slacker Networks will give 30 days notice of transition of IPv4 addresses (estimated: 60 days)

IPv6 remains the same, no transition?

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member

@yoursunny said:

@SWN_Michael said:

IPv6 remains the same, no transition?

IPv6 will transition over to new addresses for customers who have IPv6 assigned.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • So my Tampa VPS will remain in Tampa with same IP (for next 2 months at least)?

Thanked by 1amadex1337
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    So my Tampa VPS will remain in Tampa with same IP (for next 2 months at least)?

The VPS' will remain in Tampa, however IPs will be changing in about 2 months or so

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited June 2021

Gosh... gosh... gosh.... Wonder when we see our most favorite Mr. Bond around again...

On a more serious note: who is Slacker Networks? Why do they not have any registration info anywhere? Does it even exist as a legal entity? Is this your new brand?

Why sell to a company that is roughly 3 months old?

as per the WHOIS:

Updated Date: 2021-03-09T00:26:16Z
    Creation Date: 2021-03-09T00:21:10Z

How deep does one want to sink... please ...

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@RickBakkr said:

Gosh... gosh... gosh.... Wonder when we see our most favorite Mr. Bond around again...

On a more serious note: who is Slacker Networks? Why do they not have any registration info anywhere? Does it even exist as a legal entity? Is this your new brand?

Why sell to a company that is roughly 3 months old?

as per the WHOIS:

Updated Date: 2021-03-09T00:26:16Z
    Creation Date: 2021-03-09T00:21:10Z

How deep does one want to sink... please ...

For any refugees: send a mail to rick[at]bakker-it[dot]eu and I'll throw in a free VM in The Netherlands for bridging the gap between this sinking ship and until you find a new home somewhere reputable.

Not my new brand. Slacker Networks is owned by Packet Rabbit Inc. Legal entity is out of Canada. I literally have sick/dying family members, and all you can do is attack me.. I'm shutting down VPS so that I can spend more time with family.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited June 2021

@SWN_Michael said: Not my new brand. Slacker Networks is owned by Packet Rabbit Inc. Legal entity is out of Canada.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/ca/12504898

"Incorporation Date -- 18 November 2020 (7 months ago)"

Gosh, they are established... NOT

Where have I seen this "Gervais" guy before? Fairly sure he isn't that much of a 'clean' boy himself around here either...

@SWN_Michael said: I literally have sick/dying family members, and all you can do is attack me.. I'm shutting down VPS so that I can spend more time with family.

Really feel for you buddy, but it's interesting how your operations change in a matter of days. I am sure you are in this situation longer than the recent launch in Canada or perhaps even longer than the entire lifespan of the company. I am not here to attack you as a person, let that be clear.. But let's face it: your whole LET history, it's not neat.. not neat, at, all...

Really: not meant as an insult of any kind, nor as any gesture of self-promotion (as I do not even sell here), I just cannot stand people fucking up and hurting customers who have put faith in them before... It's just SOOOOO SAD.

Thanked by 2lentro bulbasaur
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@RickBakkr said: Really: not meant as an insult of any kind, nor as any gesture of self-promotion (as I do not even sell here), I just cannot stand people fucking up and hurting customers who have put faith in them before... It's just SOOOOO SAD.

I understand you may be frustrated, but I'd like to refrain from arguments in this thread. I'm happy to take it up in private, but, I don't think it's the best spot to do it here.

It wasn't easy to make the decision, but it's a decision that I feel is best moving forward.

• KassemKassem Member

Wouldn't someone who provides support services had helped in this situation until things are resolved instead of closing shop?

• Lol. This people need therapy.

Wish you the best of luck man. Peace for you and your family.
    Take care.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • damn

@Kassem said:
    Wouldn't someone who provides support services had helped in this situation until things are resolved instead of closing shop?

That's what I'm thinking its not like you need to take care of them for the next 50+ years but maybe a few months to years. If you have cash reserves then off sourcing support to someone like @MikePT would be the best decision, you have gotten the little bits of trust left in you from this community just broken apart, so don't expect to come back here with another hosting company that you have created.

• mike1smike1s Member

@Kassem said:

I'd rather ensure the customers are with someone that can provide them the quality that they're used to, and this might be quite awhile till things are settled. Also I'm not closing shop, simply reducing services offered.

• mike1smike1s Member

@devlopesbernardo said:
    Lol. This people need therapy.

Wish you the best of luck man. Peace for you and your family.
    Take care.

Thank you for your kind words.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Best of luck to you and your family man, I'm glad you were able to get accommodations together quickly. Sounds like this should be a smooth transition.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@skorupion said:

@Kassem said:

That's what I'm thinking its not like you need to take care of them for the next 50+ years but maybe a few months to years. If you have cash reserves then off sourcing support to someone like @MikePT would be the best decision, you have gotten the little bits of trust left in you from this community just broken apart, so don't expect to come back here with another hosting company that you have created.

That's fine. I have no plans on coming back to LET/LES after this.

• mike1smike1s Member

@Hassan said:
    Best of luck to you and your family man, I'm glad you were able to get accommodations together quickly. Sounds like this should be a smooth transition.

Thanks man.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited June 2021

What I find rather strange/concerning is that this "Packet Rabbit Inc." seems to be the same company as "Geekasaurus Solutions Inc.", a company that deadpooled (read: scammed) randomly a few months ago.

Both companies (Geekasaurus and Packet Rabbit) have "Curtis Gervais" as the director (see: https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=12166224 and https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=12504898).

Mr. Gervais also seems to have committed some crimes in Canada: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/canadian-man-gets-9-months-detention-for-serial-swattings-bomb-threats/

Actually, this was discussed some time ago on the LowEndSpirit forum:

I am not suggesting anything nefarious here; however, I urge people to do their own research...

• bruhhhhh

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2021

@RickBakkr said:
    Really: not meant as an insult of any kind,

You've got to be shitting us or you're the least self-aware person on LET.

nor as any gesture of self-promotion (as I do not even sell here), I just cannot stand people fucking up and hurting customers who have put faith in them before... It's just SOOOOO SAD.

Holy cunt, Batman! How are the customers hurt by this? The price stays, the service stays, but they'll have to endure an IP change, boo-hoo. I've gone through 2 with my favorite provider in last 5 years, it happens. Nobody lost their money. Nobody is a refugee.

Your outrage is fucked up, especially since you're NOT a customer.

• @RickBakkr said:

I was right as always. It took him almost 4 months to close this up.

@alexvolk said: Questionable history. Any plans to close the door soon on this as well?

@FAT32 should this provider allowed to post? He basically sold VPS customers but still would like to provide collocation which is risky.

I'm a customer of this shit and this is amazing!!!

Thanked by 2RickBakkr dosai
  • mike1smike1s Member

@TimboJones said:

@RickBakkr said:
    Really: not meant as an insult of any kind,

You've got to be shitting us or you're the least self-aware person on LET.

nor as any gesture of self-promotion (as I do not even sell here), I just cannot stand people fucking up and hurting customers who have put faith in them before... It's just SOOOOO SAD.

Holy cunt, Batman! How are the customers hurt by this? The price stays, the service stays, but they'll have to endure an IP change, boo-hoo. I've gone through 2 with my favorite provider in last 5 years, it happens. Nobody lost their money. Nobody is a refugee.

Your outrage is fucked up, especially since you're NOT a customer.

Thank you! I literally am working to ensure minimal changes.