Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared LV01 WAS Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared LV01 WAS Down

yokowasisyokowasis Member
edited June 2021 in Outages

Direct admin showing error

Client Area doesn't show any issues

Also, when I tried login to client area, the server showing anti ddos. @Francisco get ddosed ? Somebody get mad at you ?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

On billing? All the time.

As for lv01, did you ticket? Not seeing anything in queue but given the error it sounds like Cloudlinux crapped its pants.

Francisco

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Francisco Now this is even more insane! You said you turn on notification for own thread which makes sense, but this is a completely new thread and you still managed to reply within 1 minute...

yokowasis: 2021-06-24T06:50:26+00:00
    Francisco: 2021-06-24T06:51:12+00:00

That's just 46 seconds

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2021

@Francisco said:
    On billing? All the time.

As for lv01, did you ticket? Not seeing anything in queue but given the error it sounds like Cloudlinux crapped its pants.

Francisco

No, I don't ticket. If the problem isn't in my account, probably somebody else already ticketed it.

I will just wait until it get fixed.

@FAT32 said:
    @Francisco Now this is even more insane! You said you turn on notification for own thread which makes sense, but this is a completely new thread and you still managed to reply within 1 minute...

That's just 46 seconds

Well, I did tag him.

Thanked by 2FAT32 AlwaysSkint

@FAT32 said:

That's just 46 seconds

Well he did @ me so it'll ping me right away on email :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1FAT32

@yokowasis said: No, I don't ticket. If the problem isn't in my account, probably somebody else already ticketed it.

I will just wait until it get fixed.

It's already sorted.

I'm going to check if we're maybe missing a CL update, maybe even grab the beta stuff. we've been seeing some weirdness on the centos 7 side.

Francisco

• And it's UP.

@yokowasis said:

And it's UP.

Seems immunify was blocking auto yum updates. I'll reinstall that later, but for now there's a lot we'll apply and see if that helps CL.

Francisco

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited June 2021

Imagine... reporting this to LET (i guess that is intended to cause damage) versus just sending a PM to Fran or a ticket saying you have issues with it.

The amount of patience Mr. Fran has... unbelievable.

"Welcome to LET support.... how can we help"

Thanked by 3rooted lentro bulbasaur
  • @Francisco said: .. crapped its pants.

Don't say that: my guts have been "iffy" for the past few days. :|

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Hxxx said:
    Imagine... reporting this to LET (i guess that is intended to cause damage) versus just sending a PM to Fran or a ticket saying you have issues with it.

Now this is a serious accusation. And nowhere in my post I am asking for help. Please quote my post, which part of my post asking for help or support.

I am paraphrasing LET ADMIN statement here

this is outage section. Every customer can post whatever outage they experience with a provider.

Thanked by 3raindog308 pavan jsg
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said: No, I don't ticket.

Ok, but why? They weren't aware of it at the time from looking at Francisco's response. Ticket them before posting here if you want it to be fixed. If Francisco weren't available for a few hours or something (I think he does sleep sometimes), one of his other staff would have been available and could have fixed it.

@yokowasis said: And nowhere in my post I am asking for help.

This makes us question your motives. LET is not their helpdesk. Next time, open a ticket with them first and give them a chance to fix it.

Thanked by 2rooted Hxxx
  • @Hxxx said:

Imagine? What do we need to imagine, it literally just happened.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @yokowasis said:

@Hxxx said:

Now this is a serious accusation. And nowhere in my post I am asking for help. Please quote my post, which part of my post asking for help or support.

this is outage section. Every customer can post whatever outage they experience with a provider.

Was your service down or just the panel that didn't affect your VM?

If your VM was down, it's an outage. If a single server for panel is down but not service impacting, that should be a PM.

Thanked by 1Hxxx

@TimboJones said: Was your service down or just the panel that didn't affect your VM?

If your VM was down, it's an outage. If a single server for panel is down but not service impacting, that should be a PM.

It was cloudlinux on the server bricking itself making many sites not load properly.

At some point they pushed an update for CentOS 7 that doesn't install right. Basically whenever it tries to install the server panics and reboots. I had the same thing happen on lu-shared01 the other week and ended up having to boot into a non CL kernel just to get the updates to install properly.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Hxxx TimboJones
  • @Hxxx said: Imagine... reporting this to LET (i guess that is intended to cause damage) versus just sending a PM to Fran or a ticket saying you have issues with it.

The OP is well known for having public episodes of PMS. Case in point: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3235973

edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@Hxxx said: Imagine... reporting this to LET (i guess that is intended to cause damage) versus just sending a PM to Fran or a ticket saying you have issues with it.

The OP is well known for having public episodes of PMS. Case in point: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3235973

It's fine, lets not turn this into bashing OP please.

He had an issue with one of our nodes. I've confirmed it and have done a super temporary fix until I schedule a long enough downtime to apply the updates. I suspect it'll take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes depending on how much post fixing i gotta do.

We've even had it where RPM's were marked installed but the actual files installed were just 0'd, so I had to go around force reinstalling them just to get things working. One time I even had to tarball the files from another node and drop it in.

Anyway, it'll be good :)

Francisco

edited June 2021

@TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@Hxxx said:

The service is down. It's right there in my screenshot.

@qps said:

Ok, but why? They weren't aware of it at the time from looking at Francisco's response. Ticket them before posting here if you want it to be fixed. If Francisco weren't available for a few hours or something (I think he does sleep sometimes), one of his other staff would have been available and could have fixed it.

This makes us question your motives. LET is not their helpdesk. Next time, open a ticket with them first and give them a chance to fix it.

Like I said (that is if you even read it). I am not ticketing because the whole service is down. Not only my service. Chance are other people already ticketing it. I will just wait until it get fixed. Opening ticket is just useless.

While yes, let is not help desk, but in the other hand I am not asking for help. I am just informing. It was down. Is there anything wrong with it?

Please a mod or even an Admin, if I did something wrong, warn me.

I am not asking for help, I am not bashing anyone, I am not attacking anyone. Yet so many people offended. 🙄

Is there any rule change that I am not aware of?
    "You can't post on outage unless you already opened a ticket"

God. Is this how LET has become? Filled with MOD wannabe that want to enforce their own rules?

That every post must have been hidden agenda and motives behind it? I literally just put some screenshot as proof. No complain, no asking for help, no asking for support, no name calling. Nothing.

• @yokowasis said:

@TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@Hxxx said:

The screenshot shows the name "panel", hence specifically asking if it's your service or just BuyVM's panel. Your response is shit and tells me you still don't understand the difference.

@qps said:

Like I said (that is if you even read it). I am not ticketing because the whole service is down. Not only my service. Chance are other people already ticketing it. I will just wait until it get fixed. Opening ticket is just useless.

While yes, let is not help desk, but in the other hand I am not asking for help. I am just informing. It was down. Is there anything wrong with it?

Now you're being obtuse.

People are telling you it's better etiquette to directly PM Francisco to inform him fastest and directly without causing thread distractions for Francisco, slowing down the solution. You would have been fine if you lead with "I already PM'd Francisco" and then the thread is the post mortem analysis.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited June 2021

@yokowasis said:

What happens if the rest on the people on the node try to be as clever as you and take the same approach and not create a ticket because they thought other people would?

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@yokowasis said:

What happens if the rest on the people on the node try to be as clever as you and take the same approach and not create a ticket because they thought other people would?

It means their service is not that important.

Also world is filled with dumb people not clever people.

@TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@Hxxx said:

The screenshot shows the name "panel", hence specifically asking if it's your service or just BuyVM's panel. Your response is shit and tells me you still don't understand the difference.

Well, that's my point. The whole "direct admin panel" service is down. Not just mine. If it was only mine, there is no point in creating a thread, I will just open a ticket.

@qps said:

Now you're being obtuse.

People literally accused me of having bad intent and bad naming francisco. And I am the one being obtuse ? If you accuse someone, you should bring a proof. Otherwise, it's defamation.

Every thread (including this and past) regarding BUYVM/BUYSHARED, I never, ever, speak bad of @Francisco. I even change the title of this thread from IS DOWN, to WAS DOWN, when the service is up. Do you think it was the mod who change the title ? it was me. That's how big I respect @Francisco

People are telling you it's better etiquette to directly PM Francisco to inform him fastest and directly without causing thread distractions for Francisco, slowing down the solution. You would have been fine if you lead with "I already PM'd Francisco" and then the thread is the post mortem analysis.

How is it different creating a thread an tagging francisco, and pm'd francisco. Either way he got 1 notification and made aware of the problem. If anything PM just make it worse, because PM give you 2 notification on Vanila. The notification itself, and the PM. And you have to click both of them to clear it. But that's irrelevant to the problem.

I still don't think what I did wrong.

My Service is down, the whole panel is down. I created a post on outage.

Tell me, which part of it that's wrong ? Maybe @FAT32 can take a chime. Is there any rule that I break ?

I mean, the whole node is down. No information on the website, nobody opened a thread. So, I opened it. Because I know, I am not the only @Francisco customer here, and I know I am not the only one affected. Hence I opened a thread to inform people. If you think this is not important, then this information is not for you. Move along.

Whether I opened a ticket or PM'ed francisco is not relevant, the fact is, an outage is happening, server is down, service is down. I say that qualify as a post on outages.

If you don't like this, perhaps @FAT32 want to add a rule, maybe

• You have to PM'ed or opened a ticket at the provider and wait for them to reply for at least 24 hour
    • The outage must be at least 24 hour before get posted on LET

How do you like that ?

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited June 2021

@yokowasis said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@yokowasis said:

Well you didn't open a ticket, by your logic it would mean your service is not that important? and that you're one of the "not clever people"? :smile:

edited June 2021

@jmgcaguicla said:

@yokowasis said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@yokowasis said:

Well you didn't open a ticket, by your logic it would mean your service is not that important?

Yes. You are correct.

and that you're one of the "not clever people"? :smile:

No. You are wrong. "As Clever As YOU", your word. not mine. A clever people know when to open a ticket, and when not to open a ticket. When 100 people already experiencing the same issue, and each of them open a ticket, 100 new ticket for the same problem will just add the load to the support.

I will just let others who have more important stuff to open a ticket. Because after all, we all experiencing the same problem. When that problem get fixed, mine too will get fixed. There is no need to open a new ticket.

Wait a minute, do you guys really think when my mission critical service is down, the first thing I would do is take a bunch of screenshot, upload it. Login to LET, create a thread, and wrote a bunch of reply on LET ? Now that's what I call stupid.

If my mission critical website is down, I couldn't care less of LET. I would go straight open a ticket with high priority telling their service is down, please fix it ASAP.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I think Francisco has concluded it well.

There's no right or wrong here, but personally I would contact the provider using live chat / PM / Ticket etc first before creating a thread, and possibly even wait for 10-15 minutes (or check whether is my own ISP issue first), unless it is a major outage.

I trust that good providers like BuyVM have their own infrastructure / monitoring system that will alert them whenever something goes down and they will take care of it.

I don't think we need more drama on LET so let's close this thread.

/thread

Thanked by 3Ganonk rooted Hxxx
This discussion has been closed.