Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need help in verifying freessl.cn account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help in verifying freessl.cn account

Dear All, Until last year, I was using this service to issue 1 year DV SSL free certificates. But since the beginning of this year, they made it mandatory to verify the account using OTP sent to Chinese mobile numbers only. I don't have China number. So I am requesting help from someone who can get this done.

Thanks

Comments

• ShamliShamli Member

Why not just use letsencrypt...?

• AmirGTAmirGT Member

@Shamli said:
    Why not just use letsencrypt...?

Because they provide Encryption Everywhere and TrustAsia SSL for free + they are valid for one year... I'm aware of Certbot but some people just don't want to use it for whatever reason.

@AlanDS said:
    Dear All, Until last year, I was using this service to issue 1 year DV SSL free certificates. But since the beginning of this year, they made it mandatory to verify the account using OTP sent to Chinese mobile numbers only. I don't have China number. So I am requesting help from someone who can get this done.

Thanks

You can't unless you have a Chinese friend who can help, otherwise, your best bet would be Buypass SSL, it's free with a lifetime of 6 months only but you'll need to use ACME to get it. All the other free SSLs are 3 months only regardless its brand.

Thanked by 1AlanDS