Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Suggestions for dedi or VPS for infrastructure setup, US location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions for dedi or VPS for infrastructure setup, US location

kk5kk5 Member

Hi guys a friend recommended this site. I've been working on an app for a while and I'm at the point where I'm ready to deploy to production and work on more infrastructure stuff. I'm thinking I need some dedis but not 100% sure of the specs or if VPS is also OK.

First is the horizontal setup for the web servers. So load balancer/servers, servers running node.js, open to suggestions for load balancer. Then is a "workhorse" type server or VPS that's going to be doing lots of DB operations, needs a lot of ram because we're hoping we can keep all indexes in ram. Then I need two server/VPS that are just read only DB servers, one that is analytics queries and one that the web servers connect to. Also a server for Redis that's used for a queue/caching, another high ram server. And also one storage, cloud, block, or whatever.

The database is def gonna be in the 10s of millions of rows and then probably like a few hundred concurrent users throughout the day so that's why I want the horizontal scaling and to set things up well now because we'll be ramping up from there. US location preferred.a

I have somewhat of an idea of specs but I'd love to get your opinions on it and advice on my infrastructure setup.

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

That's a ton of infrastructure planned for an app that is not live yet. Generally, the more cost-effective approach would be to use some sort of a cloud-based solution until you'll really get heavy traffic when you would actually need all that infrastructure.

However, if you are determined to go this way, I recommend OVH Cloud. They have two US datacenters and their hardware and network quality are the best bang for the buck.
    They have a private network which is perfect for infrastructure like that. Their support is not great but most of the tasks can be completed using their automation tools so it is not a big deal.