Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Cockup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Cockup

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

So in April, WHMCS announce that they will not be renewing updates for owned licenses any more. Well.. that sucks... Even worse, for whatever reason, I cant find anywhere in my inbox a notification of such to prepare. So by the time I found out, it was too late. Too late by a matter of days, but too late none the less. Ok.. fine, fair enough it's a free market... My loss.

Fast forward to today and I notice that I actually have a subscription payment with WHMCS. 2 in fact.

Several years ago, I ordered a software update. It was listed as an annual service, and so WHMCS had a 'Paypal Subscribption' button on it. So as it turns out. I was automatically renewing these updates every year. In fact, I should be eligible for updates to June 2021 (because my last payment was June 2020). Actually my last payment was a few days ago, and so I assume they would want to refund that to me rather than give me an extension.

I open up a ticket with WHMCS and inform them that I had an open subscription and should should have the updates made available.

They say that the payments were credited to my WHMCS account and not applied to any new updates. As such, I am not entitled to the updates. Further more, they state that I may be charged for a refund as the payments are >180 days old.

This begs the question. Why the heck do they list something as an annual service, AND have a button to setup a subscription payment, if the payments do not contribute to that specific service?

Is my expecting to get a renewal unreasonable here?

Thanked by 1Ympker

Comments

• @randvegeta said: Is my expecting to get a renewal unreasonable here?

There is nothing unreasonable here, but have you gone through their payment terms? I think they should be clear enough for such instances.

@randvegeta said: Further more, they state that I may be charged for a refund as the payments are >180 days old.

This is quiet true with PayPal, they are taking away all the shits.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@ankursharma8715 said: I think they should be clear enough for such instances.

Doesnt seem so.

However it seems I may have convinced WHMCS to actually extend my licenses after all.

• LeviLevi Member

@randvegeta said:

However it seems I may have convinced WHMCS to actually extend my licenses after all.

How is that possible?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said: How is that possible?

Because I paid last year for updates, and they just didn't give it to me.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Just get an inhouse panel done. I know it is not an easy work but WHMCS isn't reliable anymore. They are just milking whatever they can.

Thanked by 1randvegeta