Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN Resellers Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN Resellers Down

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

VPN resellers have been done all day , know a number of Hosting providers offer there services

they have only acknowledged issue 2 hours ago :(

"Yes we already working on it server went in read-only so fixing it now"

there client area - https://prnt.sc/15a26od

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

What else do they need except read-only, if not to store logs that aren't supposed to exist?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@pike said: What else do they need except read-only, if not to store logs that aren't supposed to exist?

Even if they don't retain VPN logs, I doubt their actual servers are run on literal read-only media. The server itself will log (syslog, maillog, etc.), it'll need space to do security and OS updates, /tmp partition, etc.

Yes, it is possible to boot a server and run off RO media but it's a hassle and you don't need to go to that extreme to turn off VPN logging.

Which, based in Communist China, I'm totally sure they do...

kbwink

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

yes very wary of them as there Based in Hong Kong :( > @raindog308 said:

@pike said: What else do they need except read-only, if not to store logs that aren't supposed to exist?

Even if they don't retain VPN logs, I doubt their actual servers are run on literal read-only media. The server itself will log (syslog, maillog, etc.), it'll need space to do security and OS updates, /tmp partition, etc.

Yes, it is possible to boot a server and run off RO media but it's a hassle and you don't need to go to that extreme to turn off VPN logging.

Which, based in Communist China, I'm totally sure they do...

kbwink