Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Affiliates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Affiliates

Hello
What would be a typical payout on affiliate links/coupons for hosting providers?
One time x% of total billing?
Recurring x% of month billing?

What is a typical value for x and do you get one time or recourring?

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

All in all I don't think many hosts will say that outloud.

• Do you need to negotiate an affiliate partnership with every host individually or isn't there a standard?

Even if people wont be specific publicly isn't there some kind of range that can be made public?

• @trycatchthis said:
    Do you need to negotiate an affiliate partnership with every host individually or isn't there a standard?

Even if people wont be specific publicly isn't there some kind of range that can be made public?

Google it dude lol

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I've seen 25% one time and 10% recurring.
    The obstacle is, most providers require $10 or $100 earnings before payout, which could take forever.
    I wish I can have the (small) earnings deposited as account credit automatically.

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

https://treefiddy.yoursunny.cn

• JasonMJasonM Member

@trycatchthis said: One time x% of total billing? Recurring x% of month billing?

One time is always higher %, say 25% to 50%, sometime I've seen even 75% at cj (commission junction's merchants).
    For recurring it can be anywhere between 5% to 10%

All depends on how much margin you as a host/merchant has for a particular service or product. Earlier Bluehost was paying 65% one-time If user signs for annual package. Now it $65 per customer.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

We have always been offering 10% recurring. So when you affiliate product X that costs 10 euro/m you get 1eur/month to your account as long as the service stays active.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

We do 12% recurring with $10 min payout.

If you are a good performer we can generally increase the percentage

• deankdeank Member, Troll

75% for the first.
    50% for the second.

• Thank you this has been helpful.

• catscats Member

Looks like BuyVM at least is 15% (which is recurring?) and $30 min payout. Pretty reasonable amount is 5-15% - can't expect them to give up a good chunk of their revenue just because someone got them a single sale.

• EvoxtEvoxt Member

I am doing 10% on every purchase. With 0 payout minimum.
    I am open to exception on bigger affiliates and increasing their rate.
    10% looks like a good rate to me IMO