Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Path.net or Corero protected VPS or Dedicated server hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Path.net or Corero protected VPS or Dedicated server hosting

OpenSourceOpenSource Barred
edited June 2021 in Providers

Hello there!

I'm looking for Path.net protected VPS or Dedicated server hosting located in EU (preferably Ukraine, London, Amsterdam...), with at least 2-10Gbit/s bandwidth (anything in that range).

I DO NOT NEED UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH; 10TB per month is enough!!!

I'm not considering the following providers for following reasons:

• BuyVM: Large latency, only 1Gbit/s
  • Tempest: Unspeakable prices - $140 for 4 core 2010 CPU, 32GB RAM

I'd also accept offers for dedicated servers protected by Corero, located anywhere in Europe, with at least 10Gbit/s.

As for Dedicated servers with Corero, I will not be considering the following:

• Zare: huge prices for extremely old 4 core CPUs
  • CloudVider: offering only "best effort protection"

I'm mainly focused on Path.net providers.

Hope you'd have something to offer :)

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Doms ( @Clouvider ) “best effort” protection is good to be fair, although I realise “best effort” doesn’t sound like its very good.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Mr_Tom said:
    Doms ( @Clouvider ) “best effort” protection is good to be fair, although I realise “best effort” doesn’t sound like its very good.

Our best effort is pretty great though :-)

We have managed protection options as well as high attack bandwidth options that can be quoted as needed.

Majority of our Customers is perfectly fine on the free, best effort package.

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider that was my point :)

Only dealt with it once luckily to be honest and it worked as expected.

Definitely worth considering - if you don’t want dedicated we might be able to help with VPS :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • For any providers considering giving an offer, you should read the full thread here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170491/x4b-review-2020-stay-away/p1

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

We have Zare/Corero up to 160Gbps always-on, but only 1Gbit.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ehhthing said:
    For any providers considering giving an offer, you should read the full thread here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170491/x4b-review-2020-stay-away/p1

Thank you - dodged the bullet here.
    Naturally based on the above we will not be in position to offer a service, thank you.

OP you need to look for a fully managed service with your requirements and attitude.

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • @ehhthing said:
    For any providers considering giving an offer, you should read the full thread here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170491/x4b-review-2020-stay-away/p1

I'm not sure why are you putting that thread up here. I gave my honest opinion on their service, and I still fully believe I'm right. I know so many serious people that were in business with X4B, and I'm sure everything I said was right. Again, I don't see any reason of mentioning that thread here.

@Clouvider said:

@ehhthing said:

Thank you - dodged the bullet here.
    Naturally based on the above we will not be in position to offer a service, thank you.

OP you need to look for a fully managed service with your requirements and attitude.

I'm not in need of anything managed. For my services I just expect them to work with stable network, stable protection and as low as possible downtime. If those requirements are satisfied, I do not even need support ;) However, thanks anyways for your time.

@Mario-SF said:
    We have Zare/Corero up to 160Gbps always-on, but only 1Gbit.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, your CPUs do not satisfy my needs, but I will consider VPSes if nothing else comes up.

• @OpenSource said:
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, your CPUs do not satisfy my needs, but I will consider VPSes if nothing else comes up.

Do you think that maybe you also need to mention your CPU needs, so providers don't waste time on providing you with incompatible quotes?

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@OpenSource said:

Do you think that maybe you also need to mention your CPU needs, so providers don't waste time on providing you with incompatible quotes?

The problem is mainly pricing for their CPU, meaning I can not end up in a profit with such server anyhow. The CPU is not worth such money. It's starting from €250 which is a little above my budget.

And yes, I would be happy with most of CPUs, but the main thing is that I need realistic prices at OVH, Zare, BuyVM level, as instance. The best choice would be something gaming oriented - Ryzen or i7 7700 (or newer generation).

• @OpenSource said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@OpenSource said:

The problem is mainly pricing for their CPU, meaning I can not end up in a profit with such server anyhow. The CPU is not worth such money. It's starting from €250 which is a little above my budget.

And yes, I would be happy with most of CPUs, but the main thing is that I need realistic prices at OVH, Zare, BuyVM level, as instance. The best choice would be something gaming oriented - Ryzen or i7 7700 (or newer generation).

What is your idea of realistic price, for a company that would provide you hardcore ddos filtering, 10Gbps port access and latest cpu?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

@OpenSource said: BuyVM: Large latency, only 1Gbit/s

Erm did you test against their ddos IP or regular ip?
    also 10TB/month is only 30Mbps... Sounds kinda fishy for needing such a FAT pipe for such little monthly data...

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited June 2021

@OpenSource said:

@ehhthing said:

I'm not sure why are you putting that thread up here. I gave my honest opinion on their service, and I still fully believe I'm right. I know so many serious people that were in business with X4B, and I'm sure everything I said was right. Again, I don't see any reason of mentioning that thread here.

It is irrelevant whether you think you are right or not. Clearly, some providers might not want your business because the cost of service to you might be more than their margins could otherwise afford.

What I would advise you to do is to find a VPS provider that has DDoS protection and a suitable network and use it as a proxy to your actual gameserver which can be hosted at a different provider. You can avoid the high prices that you'll get trying to find a DDoS protected dedi with a cost that can be < 10ms of consistent latency.

• OpenSourceOpenSource Barred
    edited June 2021

@ehhthing said:

@OpenSource said:

@ehhthing said:

It is irrelevant whether you think you are right or not. Clearly, some providers might not want your business because the cost of service to you might be more than their margins could otherwise afford.

What I would advise you to do is to find a VPS provider that has DDoS protection and a suitable network and use it as a proxy to your actual gameserver which can be hosted at a different provider. You can avoid the high prices that you'll get trying to find a DDoS protected dedi with a cost that can be < 10ms of consistent latency.

I absolutely agree. For all providers who may not want to do any kind of business with me, they obviously don’t have to. It’s all fine. And yes, my title clearly says VPS or Dedicated. I’m well aware of the possibility of gre tunnel.

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

also 10TB/month is only 30Mbps... Sounds kinda fishy for needing such a FAT pipe for such little monthly data...

Regular is fine. Ddos protected ones have large latency. They are working on it, tho and eventually I may be able to use their services.

@seriesn said:

@OpenSource said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@OpenSource said:

What is your idea of realistic price, for a company that would provide you hardcore ddos filtering, 10Gbps port access and latest cpu?

I don’t strictly need 10Gbps, 2 is enough. My vision is $100, if one can offer such, great. If not, than great as well, eventually, someone may or may not, which is why this thread exists.

@OpenSource said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

Regular is fine. Ddos protected ones have large latency.

This makes no sense.
    If you tested against @Francisco BuyVM regular IP then you will get different latency over their DDoS IP.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@DataIdeas-Josh said: This makes no sense.
    If you tested against @Francisco BuyVM regular IP then you will get different latency over their DDoS IP.

Quite possible he tested in LUX where the network is a dumpster fire.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said: This makes no sense.

Quite possible he tested in LUX where the network is a dumpster fire.

Francisco

Does this apply to both networks though?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@DataIdeas-Josh said: Does this apply to both networks though?

Path runs over top of the normal network.

If the normal network is lol, then Path will suffer the same fate.

Francisco