Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in Europe. Budget up to 30 EUR/m. Your suggestion is needed.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in Europe. Budget up to 30 EUR/m. Your suggestion is needed.

Looking for VPS for personal usage(hosting gitlab, personal stuff, and so on).

What i'm looking for:

CPU: From 4 vCores/Cores. Preferable 6-8 Cores.
RAM: From 16 GB
DISK: From 250 GB NVMe SSD
Bandwidth From 1Gbit/s/15-20 TB. Preferable 10 Gbit/s shared / 15-20 TB.

Budget is up to 30 EUR/monthly.

Was looking on php-friends as they "L" offer looks promising, and i'm right they have recenty upgraded to 10 gbit/s port. Please do not recommend me netcup, currently i do have services with them, but wanna get something fresh new.

Now i'm going to sleep. Will reply everyone in the morning.

Comments

• If you want something within budget: https://entrybytes.com/ :) For NL, drop me a pm and wouldn't mind to upgrade you to shared 10GBIT. Plans can be stacked

So a combo of Entry 6G + Entry 12G should work and fit right into the budget and some more :). Join the family boss.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited June 2021

I'd recommend AlphaVPS or LiteServer but it might be difficult due to your storage requirement and budget.

• qm78qm78 Member

I'd recommend php-friends. I'm customer for some years and I'm perfectly satisfied...

• @thedp said:
    I'd recommend AlphaVPS or LiteServer but it might be difficult due to your storage requirement and budget.

AlphaVPS looked promesing, but bw amount is too low :(

@seriesn said:
    If you want something within budget: https://entrybytes.com/ :) For NL, drop me a pm and wouldn't mind to upgrade you to shared 10GBIT. Plans can be stacked

So a combo of Entry 6G + Entry 12G should work and fit right into the budget and some more :). Join the family boss.

I will DM you shortly

@qm78 said:
    I'd recommend php-friends. I'm customer for some years and I'm perfectly satisfied...

Thanks!

Still waiting for new offers :)

• BuyVM

but I would in your place chosen PHP-Friends

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited June 2021

if SSD is acceptable, then Contabo :

Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
    VPS XL SSD
    EUR 26.99/ month
    10 vCPU Cores
    60 GB RAM
    1.6 TB SSD
    1 Gbit/s Port
    4 Snapshots

their specs are unbeatable.

• @notarobo said:

VPS XL SSD
    EUR 26.99/ month
    10 vCPU Cores
    60 GB RAM
    1.6 TB SSD
    1 Gbit/s Port
    4 Snapshots

True, but as i heard that contabo has trashy SSD's in peformance case or they just limit them in terms of iops/speed?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Prosecutor said:

@notarobo said:

VPS XL SSD
    EUR 26.99/ month
    10 vCPU Cores
    60 GB RAM
    1.6 TB SSD
    1 Gbit/s Port
    4 Snapshots

True, but as i heard that contabo has trashy SSD's in peformance case or they just limit them in terms of iops/speed?

IIRC, it's capped/limited.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2021

@notarobo said:

VPS XL SSD
    EUR 26.99/ month
    10 vCPU Cores
    60 GB RAM
    1.6 TB SSD
    1 Gbit/s Port
    4 Snapshots

For what it is, those resources such as memory aren’t guaranteed :(. They do offer attractive pricing, that makes everyone (including myself) drool but with hidden what if and buts.

https://contabo.com/en/vps/

Compared against

https://contabo.com/en/vds/

You can see the price to resource ratio changes significantly as soon as you cut out the 3:1 or higher overselling.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

3:1 still leaves something like 20 GB more or less "dedicated".

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Prosecutor said:

@notarobo said:

VPS XL SSD
    EUR 26.99/ month
    10 vCPU Cores
    60 GB RAM
    1.6 TB SSD
    1 Gbit/s Port
    4 Snapshots

Iops at 1.3 k, and for the speed you can ask staff to unlock it from 100 MBps to 600+ MBps

@seriesn said:

@notarobo said:

VPS XL SSD
    EUR 26.99/ month
    10 vCPU Cores
    60 GB RAM
    1.6 TB SSD
    1 Gbit/s Port
    4 Snapshots

For what it is, those resources such as memory aren’t guaranteed :(. They do offer attractive pricing, that makes everyone (including myself) drool but with hidden what if and buts.

https://contabo.com/en/vps/

Compared against

https://contabo.com/en/vds/

You can see the price to resource ratio changes significantly as soon as you cut out the 3:1 or higher overselling.

On VDS you get physical cores so that times 2 and you get Vcores. And even if the 3:1 ratio occurs, then it's still a pretty small ratio. But I still recommend the VPS line as you get faster port speed.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Prosecutor said: AlphaVPS looked promesing, but bw amount is too low

If you take the EPYC-32G plan, I will bump your bandwidth to 10TB, if that's enough. :)

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited June 2021

Hetzner AX41 - Ryzen 3600 (6C/12T)- 64GB RAM - 1TB NVMe SSD - 1Gbps Unlimited - Finland -34 Euro/Month

• @xetsys said:
    Hetzner AX41 - Ryzen 3600 (6C/12T)- 64GB RAM - 1TB NVMe SSD - 1Gbps Unlimited - Finland -34 Euro/Month

Waiting time up to 2 weeks is not my option tho =\

• KassemKassem Member

@Prosecutor

Have you tried/tested Hetzner Cloud?

Under your budget:
    cpx41
    16 GB
    240 GB
    20 TB
    €0.038 / h
    €22.90 / mo

And a 100 GBs volume (€0.04/GB/month) for additional €4 so total €26.9/month. The only downside is that volumes are regular SSDs over the network but I think you can keep the things that need the NVMe speed on the local storage (240 GBs) and use the volume for other less speed critical stuff.

You can simply create one and test and if you don't like it, destroy it.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Maounique said:

@skorupion said: And even if the 3:1 ratio occurs, then it's still a pretty small ratio. But I still recommend the VPS line as you get faster port speed.

Yes and at that point, your standard LE* host offers are very close to what contabo is offering and that was what my point was :)

60 GB RAM for $35/month : WOW
    20 GB Ram for $35/month, by LE* standard, it is still awesome but not unbeatable anymore :)

• xetsysxetsys Member

@Prosecutor said:

@xetsys said:

Waiting time up to 2 weeks is not my option tho =\

Talk to their support. The wait time is significantly lower than what they quote.

@seriesn said:

@Maounique said:

@skorupion said: And even if the 3:1 ratio occurs, then it's still a pretty small ratio. But I still recommend the VPS line as you get faster port speed.

Yes and at that point, your standard LE* host offers are very close to what contabo is offering and that was what my point was :)

60 GB RAM for $35/month : WOW
    20 GB Ram for $35/month, by LE* standard, it is still awesome but not unbeatable anymore :)

You know that not everyone uses 100% of ram all the time right?
    And for Contabo you literally ask them to move you to another node and they don't question you at all. It's easier for them to just move you, rather than play policeman to find who is using too many resources. And second of all that ram is guaranteed (pretty much dedicated but -5% max) so no.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2021

@skorupion said: You know that not everyone uses 100% of ram all the time right?

Once again sir, not saying they are bad. I am just saying, it is not unbeatable ;). It is like saying, I will give you 100 thousand dollar, but that dollar isn't yours to spend. If you were looking to buy a house, you can't buy your house with that money. But you know, you have it.

Not everyone spends 100 thousand dollar.

@skorupion said: second of all that ram is guaranteed (pretty much dedicated but -5% max) so no.

No sir. This is very similar to some other providers $69/yr special that includes

• 24GB RAM
    • 360GB SSD
    • 6 vCPU
    • 12TB transfer

And we have read multiple users in this forum saying how they would simply and rather valiantly remove those memory.

If those RAM was "dedicated", the pricing wouldn't jump so significantly between the product range.

I mean, if you are selling 6 GB or RAM for $10/month and you are selling single core "VDS" for $10/month, it wouldn't hurt to swap that shared core to 1 dedicated vCore for the same exact $ now, would it?

edited June 2021

@seriesn said: If those RAM was "dedicated", the pricing wouldn't jump so significantly between the product range.

Do you know that a provider like Contabo funds their VPS line with their VDS line (and dedis) right?
    (and many more founds coming from whmcs and cpanel, thx okaley capital)

@seriesn said: No sir. This is very similar to some other providers $69/yr special that includes

24GB RAM
    360GB SSD
    6 vCPU
    12TB transfer

Link me to one of those, please

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • @skorupion said:

@seriesn said: If those RAM was "dedicated", the pricing wouldn't jump so significantly between the product range.

Do you know that a provider like Contabo funds their VPS line with their VDS line (and dedis) right?

You didn’t hear what I had to say sir. No point in going in circle when the point of conversation changes :)

@seriesn said: No sir. This is very similar to some other providers $69/yr special that includes

24GB RAM

360GB SSD
    6 vCPU
    12TB transfer

SSDnodes :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@seriesn said: SSDnodes 🤦‍♂️

corrected that for you.

@seriesn said: SSDnodes

will contact them later and see for myself.

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

You didn’t hear what I had to say sir. No point in going in circle when the point of conversation changes :)

24GB RAM

360GB SSD
    6 vCPU
    12TB transfer

Oh and btw it's not like contabo has an established business, with multiple data centers, and has Oakley capital behind it with millions of dollars. And owns all of their servers

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2021

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

24GB RAM

360GB SSD
    6 vCPU
    12TB transfer

Oh and btw it's not like contabo has an established business, with multiple data centers, and has Oakley capital behind it with millions of dollars. And owns all of their servers

I am talking about how bad alcohol is and your are talking about how potato farmers cultivate potatoes.

Completely two different point and you missed mine like Kim Jung uns missile.

My point being, contabo runs a respectable business with a formula that worked very well for them. Controlled overselling is great and almost every single big hosts does that. It is good for business.

But it is not fair to compare oversold products against dedicated resource and claiming unbeatable.

Thanked by 1Kassem

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

24GB RAM

360GB SSD
    6 vCPU
    12TB transfer

I am talking about how bad alcohol is and your are talking about how potato farmers cultivate potatoes.

Completely two different point and you missed mine like Kim Jung uns missile.

Sheeeesh I got roasted by my email provider. Anyways @contabo_m are being quiet so time to email them

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep

If you need quality services and friendly family support then @seriesn is best choice
    He was treat you like family member .this is best thing for every customer need

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • What do you think about Avoro? Their plans seems logit