Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invalid Traffic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Invalid Traffic

mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

My Google Adsense showing invalid traffic. I have a website with good amount of visitors.

All was working very well. From the last 2 months I am getting lots of invalid traffic. My AdSense report revenue was showing as $5000 and at the end of the month it will be only $4500. Rest of the amount it is showing as invalid traffic. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Either you are getting visitors that are robots, or (the more likely scenario) Adsense estimator is shit.

• mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

@skorupion said:
    Either you are getting visitors that are robots, or (the more likely scenario) Adsense estimator is shit.

How to find that these traffic are from bots?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@mywebhosting said:

@skorupion said:

How to find that these traffic are from bots?

If you still don't have a robots.txt file then you should get one, which stops robots from going onto your page. Also, install google analytics (if you still haven't) and look thru that data, it will show how much of your visitors are from robots. And as I said the main cause may be the fact that google AdSense revenue estimator is shit.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Bots ignore those nowadays. The legit ones may comply though.

Regardless, nowadays you build a website for either bots or humans. For bot-oriented sites, you need SEO. For human traffics, words of mouth.

You can earn pretty nice sum with bot website, so that's that.