Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help please? Changing webhost keeping email under old host.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help please? Changing webhost keeping email under old host.

pandabbpandabb Member

Hello,

Can someone help me?

1. At the moment my website is hosted under bluehost and it has the following mx records.

mx.spamexperts.com
fallbackmx.spamexperts.eu
lastmx.spamexperts.net

1. I'm moving to a new host BUT I want to keep the mailboxes / account under the old host which is Bluehost.

2. How do I configure my MX under my new host? Should I just enter the same MX records above?

3. What about the A record for mail? Do I need to add mail.domain.com and point it to Bluehost IP ADDRESS?

4. Do I also need to copy the same TXT from bluehost?

5. Lastly, under BLUEHOST CNAME there's Imap and POP .. Should I also copy the same settings under my new host?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited May 2021

Just set the A/MX/TXT/CNAME records for mail to your old host's info, and you'll be all set.

Thanked by 1pandabb
  • jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred
    edited May 2021

just change the A/AAAA record for your main domain and CNAME for your subdomain like www, ftp. Other records such as MX, spf, dmarc, dkim and A record for mail, imap, pop subdomain should be the records of your old webhost if you want to keep it as your email service.

Thanked by 1pandabb
  • thank you guys :)