Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does CF Block Dirty IP Addresses?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does CF Block Dirty IP Addresses?

darbdarb Member

I keep getting a 521 error when trying to connect when on cloudflare dns; pause it and it resolves; non CF dns resolves just fine to the same port on the same machine; I setup a fresh CF account just in case it was something that I tweaked the worng way; same thing.

The IP address is currently on three blacklists, the infamous UCEprotect (level 3, guilty by association with OVH) and two on Barracuda Central, which going from memory just mimicks from UCEp.

Does anyone know if cloudflare blocks dirty IP address in their network?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

From being back end IPs? I’ve never heard of it.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Is it listed on Spmahaus ROKSO? I know they block that, but thats about it.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited May 2021

Yes.

Under Firewall -> Settings -> Security Level -> Change it to Essential Off.

To completely disable it you need to be an Enterprise customer.

More information here:
    https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170056-Understanding-the-Cloudflare-Security-Level

Also under Firewall Events you can see the reason why your IP address was challenged.

• darbdarb Member

Block access to dirty IP addresses through their net; no; just the three listed.

The listing came off of Barracuda and my mysterious CF 521 Error magically went away, so I will say 95% sure the answer is yes.