Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WhyNotaVPS - Client / Data / IP migration to Leapswitch Networks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WhyNotaVPS - Client / Data / IP migration to Leapswitch Networks

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Dear WhyNotaVPS client ,

As you know, Leapswitch Networks acquired WhyNotaVPS in April 2013. Since then, we have improved a number of things, most important of which is our 24x7 Support.

The time has come now to integrate WhyNotaVPS fully into Leapswitch. What does this mean for you -

1. Migration to a world class datacenter within Germany - Colocation Accelerated DC in Frankfurt.

2. Completely owned latest hardware - E3 v3 Haswell processors with 32GB RAM each.

3. RAID10 for redundancy and performance, instead of current RAID1

4. 1000 mbps network connectivity instead of 100 mbps.

5. Migration of your billing/support account to Leapswitch.com .

However, due to this migration, there will be a change in assigned IP address. To make this process as smooth as possible, we will allow everyone to choose a migration date/time till Dec 10th 2013 . Both new and old VPSes will be kept online till Dec 10th 2013 and backups of all old VPSes will be taken to our USA and India locations before the move.

Migration date/time -

Nov 25 2013 - Dec 10 2013 - 24x7

Old VPS deletion -

Dec 10 2013

Procedure -

1. We will migrate your client account which includes support and billing to our Leapswitch Portal available here - https://service.leapswitch.com/clientarea.php . You should be able to access your new accounts within next 4 hours.

2. We will migrate your SolusVM (VPS Control Panel) accounts and create new VPS / IP for you with same plan , price and IPs as before.

3. You can reply to this email with one of the 2 options -

Option A - We perform the data migration and keep both VPSes live till Dec 10th 2013.

Option B - You perform the data migration and let us know before Dec 10th to delete the old VPS.

We would like this migration to be as smooth as possible for you, so our support will be available 24x7 via Live Chat and Help Desk on Leapswitch.com to assist you with any queries you may have regarding it.

Thank you for hosting with us.

Regards,

Ishan Talathi

Leapswitch Networks Pvt. Ltd.

Thanked by 2kro Zen

Comments

• Congratulations with the move :)

Whynotavps was one of my provider in the past, and they also providing good server and good service. I hope it can be continued :)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Congratulations with the move :)

Whynotavps was one of my provider in the past, and they also providing good server and good service. I hope it can be continued :)

Thank you Erawan. We hope to host you again in the future.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, Erawan was hosted by almost everyone :P
    This is how a migration should be done. Keep the country, give advance notice, keep both alive for a while so people can sync. Not to mention a safety copy or two.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    Well, Erawan was hosted by almost everyone :P
    This is how a migration should be done. Keep the country, give advance notice, keep both alive for a while so people can sync. Not to mention a safety copy or two.

Thank you Mao. After reading all the horror migration stories, we want to make this as smooth as possible.

@Zen said:
    You could simply forward the networking :) One of the smoothest migrations I've ever witnessed/taken part in was when we forwarded each old IP to the new IP after each VM migration, in an automated fashion.

It would be nice to see more providers doing that, either way leapswitch this is a great example of a takeover/migration for once, good job.

That is a good idea. Let me see if this is possible.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

leapswitch said: That is a good idea. Let me see if this is possible.

We did that in few situations and it worked well, but it was in our datacenter and we did it due to VLAN segmentation, it might be a very different story across many routers and switches.