Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUs

Does anyone use hostus.us? I use their VPS. For 4 hours, their entire Charlotte host is dead. Nobody answers the tickets!

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Your ticket has been received at LET lowend drama support department.

We will ensure that your voice is heard. A support rep will respond to your inquiry soon.

• No drama. I just asked a question, they were never particularly quick with the answers to the tickets. The host is great when it works, but as soon as a problem happens they just disappear like ghosts.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Yes, I use them in two locations and have never experienced any issues, except for some DDoS-related issues on their SG location last BF, but that’s something else.

Other request related tickets were also answered on a timely manner.

How long has your ticket been open by the way?

Thanked by 2detonacija Ympker

Your ticket has been received at LET lowend drama support department.

It appears that you are bumping your ticket. This practice is not wise as it will drop your ticket to the bottom of the queue list.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @thedp said: thedp

As I already wrote 4 hours. I mean the whole Charlotte is down. I also use a couple of their locations. The host works great when it works. As for the speed of response to tickets, whenever a major problem occurred I waited for a couple of hours for any response. I don't even contact them until I check their site, notifications, etc .. Charlote test ip:https://prnt.sc/13lg9at

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@detonacija said:

@thedp said: thedp

As I already wrote 4 hours. I mean the whole Charlotte is down. I also use a couple of their locations. The host works great when it works. As for the speed of response to tickets, whenever a major problem occurred I waited for a couple of hours for any response. I don't even contact them until I check their site, notifications, etc .. Charlote test ip:https://prnt.sc/13lg9at

Well that's unfortunate then.

Maybe reach out to @AlexanderM.

Thanked by 1detonacija
  • @thedp said: Well that's unfortunate then.

Maybe reach out to @AlexanderM.

I believe he is already solving the problem. But they can write: Calm down, idiot, we are working on the problem ! I have websites of some pretty impatient clients,
    and I have no answer to their questions about how long it will take to solve the problem.

• I'm using HostUS and it's nice company. I just hate when the network goes out, they don't notify clients in the panel about the status, so I'm breaking my head is it something on my side.

• @amadex1337 said: I'm using HostUS and it's nice company. I just hate when the network goes out, they don't notify clients in the panel about the status, so I'm breaking my head is it something on my side.

Same here :)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

FYI - One of our techs reached out to the owner and they are going to look into the problem.

Thanked by 1detonacija
  • @qps said: FYI - One of our techs reached out to the owner and they are going to look into the problem.

Thanks ;)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2021

@detonacija said: I have websites of some pretty impatient clients,
    and I have no answer to their questions about how long it will take to solve the problem.

what SLA did you offer your important clients and what SLA did you agree on with hostus?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @Falzo said: what SLA did you >offer your important clients and what SLA did you agree on with hostus?

I had no specific agreement. But I didn’t even tell clients that it would happen to them that their website would be 5 hours offline.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@detonacija said: But I didn’t even tell clients that it would happen to them that their website would be 5 hours offline

yeah, but why didn't you?

Thanked by 1webcraft

Why would anyone?

It's like telling a random person that he might just drop dead at one point due to a heart attack or a lightning strike. Or worse, die of aging.

• @Falzo said: yeah, but why didn't you?

I honestly didn’t think about it, I’ve been using HostUS for many years. Once, a couple of years ago, there was a problem when they suffered DDOS attacks.Their support is weak. Even poorer support was not a problem for me. I use an unmanaged VPS, I have experience in setting up and working with the host.I'm thinking of switching to dedicated soon. So I'll probably leave their service.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@detonacija said: I'm thinking of switching to dedicated soon

what SLA are you going to sign for that? and how do you think that is in any way better in terms of reliability? are you going to tell your clients, that there is a chance of a hardware failure and therefore a downtime till replacement?

Thanked by 1webcraft

Come on. Be easy on the guy. He is going through a potential divorce right now.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @deank said: Come on. Be easy on the guy. He is going through a potential divorce right now.

There is no divorce, they have dedicated servers, only this time we have to agree on the terms. I'll look for a prenuptial agreement first :D

• @Falzo said: what SLA are you going to sign for that? and how do you think that is in any way better in terms of reliability? are you going to tell your clients, that there is a chance of a hardware failure and therefore a downtime till replacement?

I probably won't offer an SLA :) .The problem that no one can really guarantee!I mean it can offer but when a problem happens there is always an excuse almost everyone does the same!

• Finally after 5 hours, the first response to the support ticket. But everything is still dead!

• HostUs owned by #Alexander we used their VPS for over a year but it been a while we are not in touch you may find him on Skype

• cazrzcazrz Member

I used to use them. Not anymore. Same reason due to long report/replies on issues, and we are also moving away from OpenVZ. If you are fine with KVM there are plenty of options with better support response time.

Like you said, HostUs is good when it works but not if you're needing immediate reply or status/report.

Thanked by 1detonacija
  • @GoogieHost said: HostUs owned by #Alexander we used their VPS for over a year but it been a while we are not in touch you may find him on Skype

8 hours offline without any explanation ! I'm waiting for them to fix it, to take over the backup, I've already taken another host. This is pure rudeness, I'm not interested in communication at all anymore!

• titustitus Member

I have a VPS in their Charlotte location, and it's online. Maybe I'm lucky, but I haven't experienced outage this time. I have a good experience with HostUs overall. The last time when I needed to contact with their support, is when they migrated the old OVZ6 VM's to OVZ7 (but I got a fast reply). Maybe the problem is only with Your VPS or with another node, because mine is 'up and running'.

@AlexanderM maybe can help to You.

• @titus said: I have a VPS in their Charlotte location, and it's online. Maybe I'm lucky, but I haven't experienced outage this time. I have a good experience with HostUs overall. The last time when I needed to contact with their support, is when they migrated the old OVZ6 VM's to OVZ7 (but I got a fast reply). Maybe the problem is only with Your VPS or with another node, because mine is 'up and running'.

Charlotte test ip: https://prnt.sc/13lxl2c
    Charlotte looking glass: https://prnt.sc/13lxo8m

• titustitus Member

@detonacija

I see, and looks like bad :/ The test IP not answer for me also.
    I have no doubt in your problem. Probably I'm lucky because my VM not affected in this outage.
    https://ibb.co/3Nbczzd

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to come in here to shed some light. We've had a software issue affecting 10 customers in Charlotte, which resulted in unbootable services. As this was unfortunately not picked up by monitoring, and one of our staff being sick this weekend, the issue did take longer than usual to resolve and we do apologise for the long period of delay.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, whether positive or negative. We definitely are taking them all on board for immediate action.

@detonacija - please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this further.

-A

• You don't have to discuss with me anymore. I'm done with you with yours "service"! If you had normal access and support to your clients, you and I would not have
    correspondence here.

Cheers mate

• I am not sure what was the issue but HostUs is providing really affordable service, I remember those days when I was just learning about these things, and @AlexanderM set up his in-house servers and updated them on YouHosting Forum. :)

Maybe @detonacija you had a bad experience with his service but still love Hostus to see growing and learn from the mistakes have done this time.

Being a provider it is a bit hard to make each and every customer Happy

@AlexanderM said:
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to come in here to shed some light. We've had a software issue affecting 10 customers in Charlotte, which resulted in unbootable services. As this was unfortunately not picked up by monitoring, and one of our staff being sick this weekend, the issue did take longer than usual to resolve and we do apologise for the long period of delay.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, whether positive or negative. We definitely are taking them all on board for immediate action.

@detonacija - please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this further.

-A