Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bunnycdn Alternative ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bunnycdn Alternative ?

yokowasisyokowasis Member
edited May 2021 in General

I am looking for bunnycdn alternative. There are a lot of trouble regarding their services in my experience.

I am just hosting a simple static react website with about 100k hit / hour. Shouldn't be a probklem for a cdn provider.

The thing is, they failed multiple times. When asked, they said something along with wrong configuration. Now, my website outright refuse to serve TELKOM INDIHOME user. It works fine if visited from different internet provider or VPN. As of right now, with every client complaining why their website isn't working, I tell them to use different internet provider, now that's a fucked up.

So, I am looking for an alternative, or maybe a vps or even a shard hosting. Anything really, that can host a simple static html website with 1TB of traffic / month.

Thanked by 1Ganonk

Comments

• GravelyGravely Member

There's no alternative. Only bunny.net.

• tetechtetech Member

I looked at 5centscdn. It didn't really work for me, but they use Gcore servers in Singapore with 1TB for $7.50/month which might be something to consider for ID?

• @yokowasis said: a simple static html website with 1TB of traffic / month.

cloudflare

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited May 2021

@tolovall said:

@yokowasis said: a simple static html website with 1TB of traffic / month.

cloudflare

Same shit happened with cloudflare. I moved to cloudflare because I don't want to deal with this shit.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Do you absolutely have to host it on the edge? Or it is okay to go to source?

• fazarfazar Member

Did you mean Bunny fully blocking access to telkom?

In my case, Telkom routing sometimes can be unreliable (for both residential/indihome or mobile/tsel). Often Telkom fail to connect to my DigitalOcean droplets @ SG, while other ISP / vpn just works fine.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@yokowasis said: Same shit happened with cloudflare.

You know, maybe the problem isn't with CDN companies...

• Are you sure it's not your ISP blocking the CDN IPs? Places which have restrictions on the internet usually block by IP, and shared services of this kind will be affected, which matches up with the experience you had so far.

• DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited May 2021

The problem seems to come from the ISP itself, before I had a similar problem with bunny.net, they reroute Indonesia ISP ( Especially Telkom ) to another server in the EU/US instead of SG. I think if you try to contact them and ask for a special/custom reroute, they might be able to do that.

• @raindog308 said:

+1

• cazrzcazrz Member

@DianTama said:
    The problem seems to come from the ISP itself, before I had a similar problem with bunny.net, they reroute Indonesia ISP ( Especially Telkom ) to another server in the EU/US instead of SG. I think if you try to contact them and ask for a special/custom reroute, they might be able to do that.

If you use volume then sg will prob routed to us/eu, but if standard it shouldnt.

• hardgamershardgamers Member
    edited May 2021

IndiHome got lot of problems this week. Even to google cloud Indonesia sometime they have some weird route. Also their DNS servers are a little bit slow this week. Ping to contabo sg sometimes more than 150ms this week but when normal it's only 20-40ms. Zoom sessions also sometimes disconnected especially when we start sharing screen.

On the last 2 days it's getting better but still not normal.

Today i got problems again with Indihome , a lot of people cannot access my company website that use google cloud indonesia. I also have some problem when access MXROUTE.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

First of all, sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the bunnies. We're doing our best to keep everything running smoothly all the time, but the world is a big place, and many times various issues are not something we can resolve directly.

Indonesia has probably been the pain point here as they just block and kill routes randomly and the ISPs aren't exactly super stable, as some people here have already pointed out. I assume this was also the case with CloudFlare and I would say probably all CDNs are likely dealing with the same issues.

However, our team is extremely passionate and working around the clock to detect, diagnose and work around any such issues. We have the ability to easily shift traffic around problems in case an ISP is having an issue as long as we are able to detect this.

We're not aware of any problems on our side, but if you're seeing any issues, let us know and we'll make sure they're gone.

• CloudFlare Pages maybe ?

• DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited May 2021

@cazrz said:

@DianTama said:

If you use volume then sg will prob routed to us/eu, but if standard it shouldn't.

That's probably correct.
    But if you contact BunnyCDN, they will reroute the traffic back to SG or better PoP

By the way to OP, have you tried maybe AWS or GoogleCDN?
    Or if you plan to host it in shared hosting, since the problem is with Indonesian ISP, try local shared hosting / VPS.

• AWS CloudFront but if 1TB BW, you need a huge money for BW only

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said:

yes, I am aware of it. But I can't really tell all of my clients : it's your ISP problem, change your ISP. Since :

1. It's the biggest ISP on my country
    2. On some area, it's the ONLY ISP.

so, it's more feasible for me to change my provider than the Scholl change their provider. I can get by if it's only 1 or 2 school, almost all school suffering from this (Most of my client are school, and I am providing them platform to take exam).

@DianTama said:

@cazrz said:

@DianTama said:

If you use volume then sg will prob routed to us/eu, but if standard it shouldn't.

That's probably correct.
    But if you contact BunnyCDN, they will reroute the traffic back to SG or better PoP

By the way to OP, have you tried maybe AWS or GoogleCDN?
    Or if you plan to host it in shared hosting, since the problem is with Indonesian ISP, try local shared hosting / VPS.

It would be great if there is a cdn that has POP on Indonesia. I haven't tried AWS or GoogleCDN. I will take a look at them.

@ericls said:
    Do you absolutely have to host it on the edge? Or it is okay to go to source?

Source is fine.

TL;DR, I won't ditch bunnycdn, I just need an alternative where I can send my clients when this shit happened. I even considering sending them the HTML file. That's how desperate I am.

• edited May 2021

@yokowasis said:
    So, I am looking for an alternative, or maybe a vps or even a shard hosting. Anything really, that can host a simple static html website with 1TB of traffic / month.

1TByte is less than a day of constant use at 100mbit, so all but the smallest VPS should cope with that if the site is truly static (rather than dynamic but effectively static because of how long the CDN is configured to cache content for).

Though if the issue is the ISP being unreliable or blocking addresses/ranges arbitrarily you might hit the same issues with a VPS if you are not careful where it is hosted, and you have the fun and games of making sure it has good international connectivity (assuming your target audience is global and that is part of the reason you are using a CDN) or having multiple VPSs in different regions and using GeoDNS or similar to send people from different areas to the closest mirror.

• sibapersibaper Member

@yokowasis said: It would be great if there is a cdn that has POP on Indonesia. I haven't tried AWS or GoogleCDN. I will take a look at them.

Cloudflare had POP in Jakarta. AWS won't help, use Indonesia server and you're good.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

So, even if you host in Singapore this issue will persist I guess ?

Maybe just host in Indonesia :)
    https://idcloudhost.com/en/

• @sibaper said:

@yokowasis said: It would be great if there is a cdn that has POP on Indonesia. I haven't tried AWS or GoogleCDN. I will take a look at them.

Cloudflare had POP in Jakarta. AWS won't help, use Indonesia server and you're good.

For some reason, when visited from indihome, cloud flare doesn't use POP on Indonesia. The best they can do is SG, and most of the time, it's USA. Other ISP is normal.

I know, weird right.

• edited May 2021

@yokowasis said:

@sibaper said:

For some reason, when visited from indihome, cloud flare doesn't use POP on Indonesia. The best they can do is SG, and most of the time, it's USA. Other ISP is normal.

I know, weird right.

Cloudflare haven't peered with Telkom Indonesia in local Indonesian exchanges or PNI. From what I know, Cloudflare have private peering in place with Telkom in Singapore, but available only for paid/enterprise users.

If your main customers are from Telkom Indonesia, consider using AWS (cloudfront), Google Cloud, Azure, Alibaba Cloud, Akamai, VDMS, Swiftserve. All those providers/CDNs have agreements in place with Telkom.

AWS is launching a new location in Indonesia, and they're using Telkom's backbone for connectivity. Maybe using their Lightsail product, could help your connectivity issues.

Using local providers/hosting doesn't guarantee better connection too, as Telkom links on local exchanges are congested/full.

• GanonkGanonk Member

TELK*M indigo is very sh!t , Sir.

many problem with that isp.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Bunny is prem

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis maybe I could help. Get in touch via PM or at [email protected] .

• DazzleDazzle Member

I've experience this on apps I managed too. Switching provider won't help (in my case). The best I can do is asking the user to install 1.1.1.1 cloudflare vpn, they have mobile and desktop version.

• @nanankcornering said:

@yokowasis said:

@sibaper said:

I know, weird right.

Cloudflare haven't peered with Telkom Indonesia in local Indonesian exchanges or PNI. From what I know, Cloudflare have private peering in place with Telkom in Singapore, but available only for paid/enterprise users.

If your main customers are from Telkom Indonesia, consider using AWS (cloudfront), Google Cloud, Azure, Alibaba Cloud, Akamai, VDMS, Swiftserve. All those providers/CDNs have agreements in place with Telkom.

AWS is launching a new location in Indonesia, and they're using Telkom's backbone for connectivity. Maybe using their Lightsail product, could help your connectivity issues.

Using local providers/hosting doesn't guarantee better connection too, as Telkom links on local exchanges are congested/full.

I see, very useful information.

• laobanlaoban Member

If your most users use Telkom, maybe you can consider to host your application at Telkom. I guess Telkom has shared hosting, cloud, or colocation service.

• laoban said:
    I guess Telkom has shared hosting, cloud, or colocation service.

Shared Hosting : telkomhosting.com
    Others : telkomsigma.co.id, need to contact them.

• seekborrowseekborrow Member
    edited April 2023

@yokowasis said:

@tolovall said:

@yokowasis said a simple static html website with 1TB of traffic / month.

cloudflare

Same shit happened with cloudflare. I moved to cloudflare because I don't want to deal with this shit.

Perhaps the issue isn't with the CDN companies themselves.

This discussion has been closed.