Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

trying to access array offset on value of type null
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

trying to access array offset on value of type null

ItsAsylumItsAsylum Member

I have a script that I am trying to install. It requires 7.1.3 for the PHP and I want to say my server is running on 7.4 would this be causing the error?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2021

I think PHP 7.4 handles this more strict, so stuff that just throw a error before, does now indeed explode.
    You can override this with your own error handler I think, however its better to fix the code.

• @Neoon said:
    I think PHP 7.4 handles this more strict, so stuff that just throw a error before, does now indeed explode.
    You can override this with your own error handler I think, however its better to fix the code.

doubtful I can fix this particular code. It's a script I purchased on codecanyon. And the seller is totally unresponsive to everyone asking about it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ItsAsylum said:

@Neoon said:

doubtful I can fix this particular code. It's a script I purchased on codecanyon. And the seller is totally unresponsive to everyone asking about it.

As long its not encoded, should be fixable.
    PHP 7.3 is getting EOL soon, so.

• @Neoon said:

@ItsAsylum said:

@Neoon said:

As long its not encoded, should be fixable.
    PHP 7.3 is getting EOL soon, so.

so its not really telling me where the error is happening any ideas where I should look first?

• @ItsAsylum said:
    so its not really telling me where the error is happening any ideas where I should look first?

A stacktrace would be nice

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2021

@ItsAsylum said: so its not really telling me where the error is happening any ideas where I should look first?

in your logfile. usually the native php error message there will tell you exactly where this is happening.

unless the installer errors out already. if that's a single script, then worst case you need to add debug output in between the steps or functions to narrow down the location that causes this.

the message itself sounds like there is some variable referenced with a key that does not exist or is not set. usually you want to check that before with isset() and not with === ... maybe search for places with === checks 🤷‍♂️

• id be willing to share the script with anyone who would want to try and give it an install on their server. I highly doubt my server is the issue as it meets all the requirements. Ill have to try taking a look into the log file.

let me know if you'd like to give the script a try

• got both 7.1.3 and 7.4,
    i can try, please dm.