Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Auction Prices Increases
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Auction Prices Increases

Anyone know hetzner auction prices has been increased ?
Some days their auction prices was starting from 26-27 Euro and now those are starting from 31-32 Euro --
This is a huge increase -
- , anyone know why they have increased their pricing ? and do they will decrease it ?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Chia Chia Chiaaaacoin

Thanked by 2Lee CConner
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited May 2021

so... my plan was to put some random funny inflation gif here. The reason I didn't is because when you google "inflation gif", most of the images that come up are inflation p*rn.
    thank you for coming to my ted talk.

• Not only their auction increase, their new server now takes time to deploy. Usually I get instantly or in 24 hours. Now 5 to 14 days.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@imgmoney said:
    Not only their auction increase, their new server now takes time to deploy. Usually I get instantly or in 24 hours. Now 5 to 14 days.

Auction is based on stock so instant.
    Just regular orders.

• @Neoon said: Auction is based on stock so instant.

I forgot to mention, I am speaking about the orders which are placed via account.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Neoon said: Chia Chia Chiaaaacoin

This, but Hetzner is doing everything they can to close that door so expect those servers to return soon, whether you will want them if they have been heavily abused in the meantime is another story.

• TeYroXTeYroX Member

@imgmoney said:

@Neoon said: Auction is based on stock so instant.

I forgot to mention, I am speaking about the orders which are placed via account.

Isn't they with added VAT?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

OP's world is ending, literally.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi readers, Sorry for the delayed response. The responses here are certainly on the right track. I am going to recycle my response to a similar question on reddit here:
    We only add new servers to the Server Auction when the previous owners cancel those servers. So the supply is based on the amount of servers that have been recently cancelled. We don't build servers just for the Auction.
    The Auction is a Dutch-style auction. The prices start of high and go down over time. So if the supply is low, the prices will go up, because people won't wait so long to bid on a server. And if the demand is high, the same thing happens. And right now, the demand is high and the supply is low, so the effect is even stronger.
    In addition, there has recently been a few other problems related to supply. The demand for hardware and IT solutions has increased dramatically since the beginning of covid, and at the same time, it has been harder to get hardware deliveries. And even though we have worked hard to increase staff on our Hardware Assembly team, there is still a backlog of orders. The damand for new servers has simply been very, very high. We are doing everything we can to work on this backlog. But that means that some customers are probably holding onto their Auction servers rather than cancelling them.
    Last but not least, chia mining has created a bubble in the web hosting industry for storage. For that reason, we recently prohibited mining with all of our products. -- Katie