Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach client portal seems to be down lately (error 500/522)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach client portal seems to be down lately (error 500/522)

Anyone know what's up? Their Twitter isn't regularly updated, and the Virmach status page is unfortunately inside this client portal.

Thanked by 2mcgree AlwaysSkint

Comments

• Ryzen is coming ?

• @ben47955 said:
    Ryzen is coming ?

What is this a reference to - the VirMach Black Friday deals?

In general it just isn't a good look for existing customers who might simply need to open a ticket or access a VM control panel.

• Soon™

• mcgreemcgree Member

I thought it was a problem with my local network.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We had to mitigate an attack and it took a little bit longer than it would have because it technically wasn't "down" and instead it was Cloudflare being terrible at mitigating anything to the point where nothing really loaded but it was technically "online." I was on lunch break and got a ping from someone who was working and got it sorted.

18.5M requests and they were hitting something that was resource-intensive.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Lesson of the day: hosting providers should not be allowed to take lunch breaks.

• Thanks @VirMach. Sorry you guys had to deal with those attacks. Any thoughts on having a backup status page somewhere? Even if it's just Twitter.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@raindog308 said:
    Lesson of the day: hosting providers should not be allowed to take lunch breaks.

When I had the 999 package, VirMach allocated me a personal support rep.
    He is not allowed to sleep or eat, and my tickets are sent directly to him in Morse code via electrical shocks.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@bayarea15 said: Thanks @VirMach. Sorry you guys had to deal with those attacks. Any thoughts on having a backup status page somewhere? Even if it's just Twitter.

If our main site is down, we did have a Twitter page for that scenario, however, the few times this happened we found out it's best to focus all efforts on bringing the website back up ASAP. By the time we notice and work on it, the portal would return fairly quickly and therefore we find that the status update would not end up being helpful.

Should a situation arise where we have an extended downtime, LET is probably the best place to check, followed by @virmachstatus on Twitter.

Thanked by 1bayarea15