Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you trust Kimsufi with your data
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you trust Kimsufi with your data

CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

When it comes to dedicated boxes that kimsufi provide do you trust your personal data on their network? just interested in other people thoughts and if not who do you trust?

Comments

• No network is safe.even in ovh remember their last tragedy they still building up their datacenter

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Eh, yeah. As much as anyone.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I'd trust kimsufi over most of hosts found on LET.

• mrclownmrclown Member

Definitely more trustable than any other summer hosts.

But always remember most of their servers have single drive. Only 1 or 2 model have 2 drive options and they aren't worth paying for compared to SYS.

Thanked by 2webcraft Ouji
  • Yes.

• Trust that Kimsufi won't look at my data unless required to by law enforcement? Yes.

I wouldn't trust any single company to store my data in a redundant manner because by definition you need more than one company to store your data for it to be redundant.

Just have offsite backup systems that work, and you'll be fine.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Yes, as long as it isn't the only copy of said data...

Thanked by 3webcraft Falzo ariq01
  • Yes, I do.

• yermakyermak Member
    edited May 2021

Founded in 1999 (OVH). 22 years of existence in this sector are eons.

So I would say that they are quite reliable.

• In Ovh We Trust

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Regardless of provider, the data I truly care about won't be stored online, but offline :)

Thanked by 3webcraft themew lazyt
  • Definitely yes, one of the cheapest ways to have a server with meaningful full disk encryption (ie not a VPS)

• JorboxJorbox Member

I don’t trust my own computer

• Kimsufi is owned by OVH which is a well known provider so yes it is trustworthy.

The safest data is destroyed data.

OVH is good at it.

Thanked by 2yoursunny lentro
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@Sanjue007 said:
    No network is safe.even in ovh remember their last tragedy they still building up their datacenter

Microsoft data centre had exactly the same issue or overheating so whole Irish data centre was offline, so the important questions: have you got a backup? Does your data important to you?

edited May 2021

Backup is for pussies.

Real men never think about consequences until it's too late! That is the way of the balls.

Thanked by 2WebProject ariq01
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

i was more thinking storing private documents etc. How many providers actually look at their users content?

• OujiOuji Member

@davenz said: i was more thinking storing private documents etc. How many providers actually look at their users content?

Just store them encrypted. You can use Seafile for that, for instance.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2021

@davenz said: i was more thinking storing private documents etc. How many providers actually look at their users content?

A provider like Kimsufi (OVH) is not going to spending time looking at your content without a specific reason. But as noted above, encrypt your docs and it's not an issue.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@davenz said:
    i was more thinking storing private documents etc. How many providers actually look at their users content?

KVM or XEN is isolated containers compare to other virtualisation. The providers don't have rights access customer data without a valid reason like example: law enforcement or court order.