Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing CrossBox Communication Suite
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing CrossBox Communication Suite

CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

Hello everyone! My name is Edis, and I'm the CTO and co-founder of CrossBox.

I'd like to use this opportunity to introduce myself and CrossBox to the LET community. Below is more information about our mission, software features, benefits, and the technologies behind CrossBox.

Our Mission
CrossBox is on a mission to provide an all-in-one, 100% self-hosted communication suite for hosting/email providers that benefits both the end-user and the service provider. It allows service providers to use their existing infrastructure to provide customers with advanced communication features usually available exclusively on Gmail, Outlook, and other big SaaS platforms (without breaking the bank and in full GDPR compliance).

Features for Service Providers
The most notable feature is the CrossBox Cluster. It allows service providers to present a single entry point for all customers across different servers. That includes a single (central) webmail URL, a single IMAP, SMTP, POP3 hostname, and a single MX. In larger deployments, providers can also choose to build a highly available, load-balanced, and geo-distributed setup - making it easy to achieve 100% uptime, horizontal scaling, and fast access for users from different parts of the world.

Features for End-users
40+ different features and productivity tools are available for users to use within the CrossBox interface. These include email, chat, audio/video calls, conferences, screen-sharing, file storage/sharing, and many more. You can learn more about these and all other features in the Features Tour or check them out live in a Hosted Demo. Most popular features cover:

White-label & Android/iOS Apps
The White-label Add-on benefits the service provider, reseller, and the customer. It allows setting a custom app name, logo, color theme, login page, webmail URL, IMAP/SMTP/POP3 hostnames, MX, and many other details (you can even brand the user-agent). Also, providers can use the Online Apps Builder to build white-labeled Android/iOS apps for themselves, resellers, or customers.

Control Panel Support
Service providers can install CrossBox on all three popular control panels: DirectAdmin, cPanel, and Plesk. Integration with these panels is plug-and-play. That means no changes to the services or config files, so you can keep everything running as usual.

Control Panel Integration

• CrossBox will show up as one of the options in the panel's webmail system
  • All email accounts hosted on the server can log in to CrossBox using just the email address and password.
  • Service providers and resellers can decide who has access to CrossBox (via WHM Feature Manager and Plesk Additional Services).
  • Respects email and disk quotas set for the email/hosting account and stores all data within the user's home directory.
  • Auto-detects and uses services like SpamAssassin, Rspamd, Clamd
  • Works with other popular plugins like MailChannels and SpamExperts

Technology Behind CrossBox

• Microservice Architecture
  • Backend in Golang (for low CPU and memory footprint)
  • Frontend in React + Angular (for real-time experience)

We've been building CrossBox for almost five years now. It would be impossible to cover everything in a single topic, so feel free to browse our Website, Docs, FAQ, and Changelog if you're interested in learning more.

If you have any questions or feedback, please do let us know in the comments.

Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome to LET, we are familiar with your powerful product thanks to @jar solid email service.

Hope you are willing to hear the community feedback on your solution. It's an excellent product but there is a room for improvement, as always.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • Since no one started adding feedback comments, I'll be the first.

We need a clear all button ✅ for notifications in the email front panel. Currently I have to go to notifications to do so. Wish if that feature of checking and clearing notifications without leaving the email page can be developed and added.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

idk if its a thing with mxlogin or you but IMPROVE TRANSLATIONS

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • PepePepe Member

Yes, translations are in horrible state, I can confirm that as well. They sent me translation file on request, then I sent them a patch and never heard from them. Too bad.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CrossBox said: The White-label Add-on benefits the service provider, reseller, and the customer. It allows setting a custom app name, logo, color theme, login page, webmail URL, IMAP/SMTP/POP3 hostnames, MX, and many other details (you can even brand the user-agent). Also, providers can use the Online Apps Builder to build white-labeled Android/iOS apps for themselves, resellers, or customers.

Thinking about selling this to my customers as an addon. Presently I have no desire to go through the app builder on demand for customers but if I charge for it, it may be worth my time to do so and prevent any excess of requests. For now I've just been denying requests.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • cazrzcazrz Member

I'm still thinking whether to integrate with DA or just get the standalone.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited May 2021

Would be awesome to have cheaper pricing for a max of i.e. 5-10 accounts so one can selfhost it for himself and family.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @luissousa said:
    Would be awesome to have cheaper pricing for a max of i.e. 5-10 accounts so one can selfhost it for himself and family.

A 2nd vote for cheaper pricing for 5-10 accounts please.

• cazrzcazrz Member

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@luissousa said:

A 2nd vote for cheaper pricing for 5-10 accounts please.

10 euros per month for 10 accounts only?

12 euro per month with mobile apps is already very cheap.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • KonbuKonbu Member

I've been using MXLogin since I learned about CrossBox from the MXRoute discussion last month.
    It is quite useful for me as I use multiple devices.٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@PandoGulf said:
    We need a clear all button ✅ for notifications in the email front panel. Currently I have to go to notifications to do so. Wish if that feature of checking and clearing notifications without leaving the email page can be developed and added.

Maybe we can make the notifications menu visible within every module for quicker access?

@Pepe said:
    Yes, translations are in horrible state, I can confirm that as well. They sent me translation file on request, then I sent them a patch and never heard from them. Too bad.

Please send it again and I'll make sure they are included. Don't know how we missed them.

@jar said:

@CrossBox said: The White-label Add-on benefits the service provider, reseller, and the customer. It allows setting a custom app name, logo, color theme, login page, webmail URL, IMAP/SMTP/POP3 hostnames, MX, and many other details (you can even brand the user-agent). Also, providers can use the Online Apps Builder to build white-labeled Android/iOS apps for themselves, resellers, or customers.

Thinking about selling this to my customers as an addon. Presently I have no desire to go through the app builder on demand for customers but if I charge for it, it may be worth my time to do so and prevent any excess of requests. For now I've just been denying requests.

You can charge it however you like, we don't limit the number of apps you can build in any way. The process for iOS may be harder due to the way Apple does stuff, but Android is pretty easy.

@cazrz said:
    I'm still thinking whether to integrate with DA or just get the standalone.

If you want to have web hosting as well then definitely DA! Otherwise, if you want to run a dedicated communication box then standalone would be a good fit for you. Standalone works but it's currently missing some features for using it on a larger scale (like automated provisioning, better control over services, etc) and it's something we're already working hard on. We plan to release a complete standalone solution this year.

@luissousa said:

If you need it for such a small number of users it would be much more cost effective for you to go with one of our partners like MXroute. They offer CrossBox included with the service and you don't need to deal with any of the server stuff.

Anyway, we got a lot of requests like "can I install this on my shared hosting account" and the answer is no - CrossBox is not a PHP script (@Jona4s) but an actual program and needs to be installed on the server by a server administrator (root privileges). If you don't have root access, then you can ask your hosting provider to install it for you or move your emails to a provider that already offers CrossBox.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and constructive feedback!

Thanked by 2jar PandoGulf
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I took a look at this when I was working on the ad insert for our videos and to me it looks like a self-hosted Microsoft Teams or similar all-in-one. Pretty cool - you get all that functionality (maybe more) but complete control of your data and you're not reliant on "the cloud" and a big provider's whims.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • @CrossBox said:
    Maybe we can make the notifications menu visible within every module for quicker access?

Yeah that would be more convenient.

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3322874#Comment_3322874

Just wanted to bring your attention to my comment in Jar's thread.

Also I thought it would be more appropriate to add my feedback/request here.

In addition to your IOS/Android apps, can you develop/launch a CrossBox app for Windows/Linux ?

It would be great to have it on my laptop/desktop as I hate using outlook and I just like your interface much more.

thanks