Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap vps

DotDot Member

Hey guys!
I'm a student and got an internship so I can now afford some vps for current and upcoming personal projects, I don't want a high end one, something like 2-4 vCPU and 2-4ish GB of ram should do. Of course if I can get something like 8vCPU for a cheap price then sure lmk.

My current plan is to buy contabo and see how bad/good they are, if they give the specs they advertise then i'll use them else I'll switch to ionos or dedipath. Looking forward to ur suggestions.

PS. Am going to bed good night

Comments

• mcgreemcgree Member

It is recommended to use hourly billed vps so that you can avoid idling.

boot vps when you need it, so the cost will be low.

Thanked by 2yoursunny o_be_one
  • Hey Dot,

Should give us a budget so we can help you.
    But if you are looking at Contabo, you are most probably looking for the cheapest one possible. It that's the case, have a look at Entry Bytes where you have the good specs for super low prices.

• HakimHakim Member

@Dot said: My current plan is to buy contabo and see how bad/good they are, if they give the specs they advertise then i'll use them else I'll switch to ionos or dedipath.

I have seen some people complain about their CPU performance. I have been using their service for more than a year constantly. I never faced any downtime or CPU performance issue. They do limit disk I/O. If you ask support, they will increase the sequential read/write limitation from around 250-300MBps to around 500MBps. Small file limitation will be still there & which is enough for most of the use cases.

• henixhenix Member

entrybytes, contabo, netcup, php-friends

Thanked by 2o_be_one seriesn
  • @Dot said: if they give the specs they advertise

Be aware there is shared core/CCPU and dedicated core/CPU. If it's shared, read provider ToS to know the sharing rate. If it's not wrote "dedicated" then it's shared.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

If you're looking for aggressive deals, look at https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/ryzen-vps-specials-w-nvme

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • kireonzkireonz Member

You should try RackNerd, i run 9 services with them, im not student, but im newbie on vps world, so i use all my services almost for education, the best things is not about they are really affodable, but their support is one of the best, they will help you if they can, and they support team really kind. And you can request custom vps too, just reach @dustinc for more detail.

Note:
    Im not receive any money or free product from them, it’s purely my experience as their customer.

• DotDot Member

@kireonz said:
    You should try RackNerd

will definitely try

• contabo, virmach, buyvm, dedipath

• dvaderdvader Member
    edited May 2021

I used Contabo for a considerable amount of time, I had no complaints with them, good support but the bandwidth is a little bit limited and it's 1Gbps only in their highest offering (as far as I can remember). Try Racknerd, do a quick google search and you will find their most recent offers/specials, search other forums, or better still PM @dustinc. You will be able to find $1/$2 per month VPS.

If your project is small you can look at gullo's hosting (PM @Cam). They He offers dirt cheap NAT VPS. I have a few of them :smiley:

If you only have hosting needs try out Smallweb and myw they are running few specials on LET and I use both of them.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@dvader said:
    I used Contabo for a considerable amount of time, I had no complaints with them, good support but the bandwidth is a little bit limited and it's 1Gbps only in their highest offering (as far as I can remember). Try Racknerd, do a quick google search and you will find their most recent offers/specials, search other forums, or better still PM @dustinc. You will be able to find $1/$2 per month VPS.

If your project is small you can look at gullo's hosting (PM @Cam). They He offers dirt cheap NAT VPS. I have a few of them :smiley:

If you only have hosting needs try out Smallweb and myw they are running few specials on LET and I use both of them.

Appreciate the recommendation @dvader 👊

Thanked by 1dvader
  • Try ipax.at
    As a student you could be so lucky and get a V10 virtual root server in Austria for free.
    This company only issues top notch VPS!

• Contabo provides the cheapest VPS in DE and US locations, have 2 VM for testing purpose from last 2 years working just fine without any downtime.

• DotDot Member

thanks guys for your suggestion i think i will go with nexusbtyes :)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited May 2021

Can try RackNerd or VirMach.
    However their low-end plan CPU may not reach your expect.

https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/chinese-new-year-2021-specials
    2x vCPU Cores
    40 GB Pure SSD RAID-10 Storage
    2 GB RAM
    6000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more
    $19.99/YEAR (No WOW here)

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Dot said:
    thanks guys for your suggestion i think i will go with nexusbtyes :)

Welcome to the family <3