Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sharing a 4 node Dell C6220, cheap - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sharing a 4 node Dell C6220, cheap

13»

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2021

I replaced my bargainhardware contact with someone higher up, much better.

Not really much status update, i'll ship some more RAM/HDDs today but was told by Hrvatska Posta that with the new Corona wave (hopefully the last one) it can take 2-3 weeks to get things through Romania.

As always if anyone wants to not wait any longer please just message me and i'll refund you, absolutely no issue. I'll eat the PayPal fees.

RETN also turned up in Trabia now - I'll get the same price i pay in other locations (roughly 40cent/Mbit) so BW is no issue. I also try to figure out pricing for a wifi XC to Mivocloud purely as i know there is line of sight to Alexhost, but that is more a play thing than for use.

• Hey @William

any ressources left for rent?

• Seems I unfortunately found this thread late I would have loved to participate, do let me know too if there's any availability @William, I'm happy to pay with crypto if you prefer that over PayPal too. I have interest in Moldova and Kosovo, also Georgia (country) if that's even cheaply possible.

• @William said:
    I replaced my bargainhardware contact with someone higher up, much better.

Not really much status update, i'll ship some more RAM/HDDs today but was told by Hrvatska Posta that with the new Corona wave (hopefully the last one) it can take 2-3 weeks to get things through Romania.

As always if anyone wants to not wait any longer please just message me and i'll refund you, absolutely no issue. I'll eat the PayPal fees.

RETN also turned up in Trabia now - I'll get the same price i pay in other locations (roughly 40cent/Mbit) so BW is no issue. I also try to figure out pricing for a wifi XC to Mivocloud purely as i know there is line of sight to Alexhost, but that is more a play thing than for use.

Hope all are good. Still waiting for next update with your journey. :wink:

• I will refund the second server buyers as this is not sustainable - I either have to pay UK VAT, EU VAT or Moldovan import taxes which are all exactly 20%, which brings the purchase price even without my own hardware above 750EUR, and thus with shipping above the collected money.

I'll set up one server anyway for myself and the first 3 users, and thats it.

If anyone is interested in any of the existing hardware (DDR3 DIMMs, CPUs, SSDs) i am willing to sell off parts.

Refunds should arrive via Paypal in the next hours.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2021

I finally came around to refund all second batch users - maybe some can confirm here so it does not seem like a total scam :D

For the others: PM me if you wish to get a refund, else the new timeframe is around mid July - I understand this is a long time so if you rather have your money back let me know, no issue at all.

I am insanely sorry this did not work out as intended and most of it is my fault assuming people work even in pandemic relatively normal, so i take full responsibility.

• @William said:
    I finally came around to refund all second batch users - maybe some can confirm here so it does not seem like a total scam :D

For the others: PM me if you wish to get a refund, else the new timeframe is around mid July - I understand this is a long time so if you rather have your money back let me know, no issue at all.

I am insanely sorry this did not work out as intended and most of it is my fault assuming people work even in pandemic relatively normal, so i take full responsibility.

Just replied in PM. Plz don't feel sorry for the unexpected happening. That was a great initiative.

• So you are not opening @cociu replacement service with Alexhost

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I take it that I'm in group 1, then? I'm in no rush. Shit happens, things change. No big deal.

• zomby1zomby1 Member

@William Can you do at Israel?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@zomby1 said:
    @William Can you do at Israel?

Gaza would really be exotic, or Ariel :open_mouth:

• @codelock said:
    So you are not opening @cociu replacement service with Alexhost

@Maounique you can do that? No?

• AidanAidan Member

@zomby1 said: @William Can you do at Israel?

That's a no.

@William said:
    I do not deal on my home turf, sorry - only takes one user to fuck up my life and land me forever in jail.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@alexvolk said: @Maounique you can do that? No?

I would never do seedboxes.

• @William said:

@William said:

If anyone decides to opt out, I’ll take their spot if that would be fine with you

• @William said:

I can confirm that this wasn't a scam :smiley:. William was great, and while I'm disappointed that this didn't work out, I'd do business with him again

• @William how is that going?