Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach Black Friday VPS for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach Black Friday VPS for transfer

alvaroalvaro Member

I have a VPS (idle) on VirMarch with the following specifications:

2GB RAM
35GB SSD
2 CPU cores
1TB bandwidth

Price: $24/year (expires 12/05/2021 - 7 months)

I'm asking for $ 10 for it.

Comments

• thagoatthagoat Member

Pm sent

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@thagoat - Nice sig. Why not put the complete lyrics of a Wu-Tang song.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • thagoatthagoat Member

Wu-Tang clan ain't nuthin' to funk with. That's why! :D

• tetechtetech Member

@thedp said: Nice sig.

@trewq said: Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting.

Thanked by 3DP angstrom AlwaysSkint
  • SollizSolliz Member

The price can be discounted~

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@thagoat

According to the rules, one's signature shouldn't be longer than two lines

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2021

Wu-Tang? Crass Rick Astley ear-worm, more like!

• Is this still available?

• alvaroalvaro Member

Unfortunately no, the transfer was initiated to @thagoat

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • swat4swat4 Member

I too have an extra VirMach vps that may become redundant and might have to let go. May I ask how much VirMach would charge for moving a vps to someone else?

• alvaroalvaro Member

@swat4 said:
    I too have an extra VirMach vps that may become redundant and might have to let go. May I ask how much VirMach would charge for moving a vps to someone else?

I forgot this, they are charging $3 per transfer.

The transfer to @thagoat has not been completed, if anyone wants to try it is available again for $10 + $3 transfer fee.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@alvaro said:

@swat4 said:

The transfer to @thagoat has not been completed, if anyone wants to try it is available again for $10 + $3 transfer fee.

The remaining period already comes to the value of $14. So, none will be taking it at $13. You should have completed the transaction with @thagoat with $7+$3.

• alvaroalvaro Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@alvaro said:

@swat4 said:

The remaining period already comes to the value of $14. So, none will be taking it at $13. You should have completed the transaction with @thagoat with $7+$3.

Okay, I accept $10 including the transfer fee. Unfortunately it was not possible to complete the transfer to @thagoat, so it is available again.

• tetechtetech Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: The remaining period already comes to the value of $14. So, none will be taking it at $13.

That's a simplistic view, it also depends on what people perceive the renewal value to be. If it renewed at $2/yr (so that the remaining period is worth about $1) then OP could easily ask $10 because it would be perceived to renew perpetually at a low price. That's the business model for people who resell VirMach BF deals.

Converse example: I have a Time4VPS 0.5TB storage with 1.5 year left. I tried to offload it for about half the remaining period value but no-one wanted it because Time4VPS won't honor the renewal price.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tetech said:
    That's a simplistic view, it also depends on what people perceive the renewal value to be.

I wonder what's the renewal value for this 2017 Black Friday deal:

1 vCPU
    384MB RAM
    22GB SSD
    100GB monthly transfer
    Buffalo location
    $4/year

Any valuations?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@tetech said:
    That's a simplistic view, it also depends on what people perceive the renewal value to be.

1 vCPU
    384MB RAM
    22GB SSD
    100GB monthly transfer
    Buffalo location
    $4/year

Any valuations?

It's so beautiful... impossible to measure it's value...

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • tetechtetech Member

@yoursunny said:

@tetech said:

1 vCPU
    384MB RAM
    22GB SSD
    100GB monthly transfer
    Buffalo location
    $4/year

Any valuations?

Very good question! Personally, I find it tough to value them right now (I've got a few in the "512MB for $4" range or "2GB for $9" range).

They did that survey about new locations, IPv6 etc. with a free migration for grandfathered plans. If that actually came to fruition, these could be worth a bit more and I'd hang onto them. On the other hand, I've now got much better specs from other (non-CC) providers in a similar price range, in which case these are about face value.

Thanked by 1yoursunny