Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate May Fourth with the RackNerd Star Wars Giveaway!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Celebrate May Fourth with the RackNerd Star Wars Giveaway!

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator
edited May 5 in Announcements

LowEndBox has partnered with RackNerd to offer readers a fabulous set of Star Wars-themed prizes to celebrate Star Wars Day! May the Fourth be with you!

The LowEndBox community continues to grow and we appreciate you being part of our journey! You, our awesome readers, are the reason we work hard to produce content, partner with providers to advertise awesome deals, and spend hours every week making sure LEB is a place you want to keep returning to. Your patronage is what keeps LEB working.

To say thank you for being part of our community, we invite you to enjoy our Star Wars giveaway!

No Purchase Necessary. RackNerd, a provider that is well known around LowEndBox and LowEndTalk is sponsoring this giveaway, exclusive for the LowEndBox community!

No purchase is necessary, and all you have to do is enter your e-mail address to enter the giveaway. Once you’ve entered the giveaway be sure to comment that you’ve entered the giveaway so that we know you did :)

A winner from the mailing list will be randomly selected by LEB/LET administrator raindog308 using random.org for each giveaway item. If the winner does not respond to the e-mail within 72 hours the entry will be forfeited and another random winner from the list will be selected.

The winner will be announced on May 31, 2021. Be sure to enter in your email before then to have a chance to win!

Additional Terms / Information:

• No purchase is necessary
  • Only LowEndBox staff will have access to the mailing list.
  • Depending on your location, RackNerd reserves the right to substitute Amazon credit if shipping is not feasible.
  • The winners will be chosen on May 31, 2021 at 4 PM PST by LowEndBox/LowEndTalk administrator raindog308 using random.org. Entries submitted after May 31, 2021 at 4 PM PST will not be eligible for this particular free giveaway.

Full information on LowEndBox: https://lowendbox.com/blog/celebrate-may-fourth-with-the-racknerd-star-wars-giveaway/

Thanks to @dustinc for sponsoring this giveaway!

Thanked by 3Ganonk dustinc cold

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

Comments

• GanonkGanonk Member

first comment has been reserved by Me B)

Thanked by 2dustinc nyamenk

don't forget to click Thanks

• codydobycodydoby Member

Second comment has been reserved B)

Thanked by 1dustinc

SOMETIMES WE JUST HAVE TO LET THINGS GO.

• fazarfazar Member

where is free bandwidth upgrade?

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Top Provider

@fazar said:
    where is free bandwidth upgrade?

Love it! A lot of good stuff in the works for the community, and more upcoming giveaways contributed as well :)

Thanked by 2fazar sofyan

RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

• sofyansofyan Member

let me in

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member

@dustinc said:

@yoursunny said:
    Currently there are 7 RackNerd threads on the front page:

At this rate, by the end of 2024, all the threads on the front page will be RackNerd threads.
    That is, if RackNerd hasn't joined AlphaRacks in the deadpool by then.

Maybe make a new forum https://let.racknerd.com for those threads, and give LowEndTalk front page back to the fun @Nekki threads?

We cannot control what threads are displayed on the first page, the LET users do. And we love it!

All 7 previous threads are no longer on the front page.
    In partnership with LowEndBox, @dustinc can control what threads are displayed on the front page - a sticky thread has been created, and it's going to stay at the top for a month.
    And @dustinc loves it!

The end is nigh for Ubuntu 16.04. Providers still offering Ubuntu 16.04 past EOL will be ashamed.

• Let's see if I'm lucky this time :)

• I've entered the giveaway.
    May the force be with you.

We'd love to have you join our community:
    http://HostBoards.com/

• caracalcaracal Member

@yoursunny said:

In partnership with LowEndBox, @dustinc can control what threads are displayed on the front page - a sticky thread has been created, and it's going to stay at the top for a month.
    And @dustinc loves it!

It's almost as if he did it to prove a point ;)

But in fairness @raindog308 did mention that ALL providers can sponsor giveaways: just no one else has done so.

• kaz050457kaz050457 Member

Count me in.

• Sebster27Sebster27 Member

I’m in

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

@caracal said: But in fairness @raindog308 did mention that ALL providers can sponsor giveaways

All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Do interviews with us on LEB
    • Offer giveaways
    • Submit a guest post, tutorial, editorial, etc.
    • Submit a press release about new features, offerings, developments, etc.
    • And of course, advertise

We're also open to new ideas as well.

• opshkopshk Member

Subscribed :)

• JabJabJabJab Member

No waffle maker? :(

And the inevitable YouTube promo video:

Thanked by 1dustinc

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator

I LOVE the video. How do you not smile when watching that?!

Thanked by 1dustinc
    Jon Biloh
  • ben47955ben47955 Member

Subscribed

@raindog308 said:
    And the inevitable YouTube promo video:

Awesome video! You're really doing an amazing job with these videos. The channel is looking amazing.

Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

• swat4swat4 Member

Subscribed :)

Looking forward to a wider collection of VPS and domain names.

• tdwuktdwuk Member

Entered

London, UK.

• zxrlhazxrlha Member

Subscribed.
    Is it a star wars VPS?

Thanked by 1dustinc

QuantumCore :) Webhorizon :) LittleCreek :D Clouveo ;) RackNerd ;) NexusBytes :* Novos :p NaranjaTech :* QuickPacket :blush:

• KiN3KiN3 Member

Subscribed. :D

• KonbuKonbu Member

i'm in٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و
    May the Force be with us all !!

Thanked by 1dustinc

( ๑´•ω•)۶”ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

• godslayergodslayer Member

May force be with me in winning 'em all!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • vedranvedran Member
    edited May 6

@raindog308 said:
    All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Offer giveaways

Do all providers get an announcement thread on top of LEB post if they do any of those things?
    Is this a paid advertisement?

• LeeLee Member

@vedran said: Is this a paid advertisement?

Fiends with benefits.

• skorupionskorupion Member

@yoursunny said:

@dustinc said:

@yoursunny said:
    Currently there are 7 RackNerd threads on the front page:

At this rate, by the end of 2024, all the threads on the front page will be RackNerd threads.
    That is, if RackNerd hasn't joined AlphaRacks in the deadpool by then.

Maybe make a new forum https://let.racknerd.com for those threads, and give LowEndTalk front page back to the fun @Nekki threads?

We cannot control what threads are displayed on the first page, the LET users do. And we love it!

And @dustinc loves it!

They have the right to change your price for a gift card so if you are outside of us tough luck!

My Blog rafalblog.xyz
    Contabo GmbH insanely cheap VPS |

• I entered the giveaway

@skorupion said:
    They have the right to change your price for a gift card so if you are outside of us tough luck!

I don't want prize or gift card.
    I want @dustinc 's push-up video.

Thanked by 3skorupion _MS_ lukgth

The end is nigh for Ubuntu 16.04. Providers still offering Ubuntu 16.04 past EOL will be ashamed.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@yoursunny said:

@skorupion said:

I don't want prize or gift card.
    I want @dustinc 's push-up video.

LOL

• dahartigandahartigan Member without signature

@raindog308 said:

@caracal said: But in fairness @raindog308 did mention that ALL providers can sponsor giveaways

All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Offer giveaways

I find it odd when people cry foul when Dustin gets exposure on LET, when it is something that any provider could do also. They just need to reach up and grab it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that a lot of hosts don't have the gift of the gab and will miss out, if they aren't good with sales/marketing.

The most recognised and mentioned providers on these forums have a savvy sales trained representative, some don't and have their own charm too.

My suggestion to all providers is to get some marketing and sales skills. Dustin has said many times that he will help any provider here with anything and from my interactions with him I tend to believe that's genuine.

I would love to see other providers doing this stuff, and they do, but just not as hard.

BTW I've never watched Star Wars.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • vedranvedran Member

@dahartigan said:
    I find it odd when people cry foul when Dustin gets exposure on LET, when it is something that any provider could do also. They just need to reach up and grab it.

I find it odd (as far as I remember, but I could be wrong) this is the first time a provider gets their own announcement in LET history (which goes back to 2008). I also find it odd there were 4 other offer threads on the front page today, all bumped by Dustin, even if this is over 6 months old (and all it really takes is someone to say let's do it). And I find it odd they are being featured on LEB a lot more than any other host.

If they are paying for exposure I have nothing against it, if Jon or someone else is somehow related to RackNerd that's also fine. But if that's the case, we all remember (do we?) what happened the last time someone tried to hide the information from the community.

Don't get me wrong, even if I don't have any services with RackNerd, from what I can see Dustin is doing a good job. But they are NOT an established host, they are hardly a year old, and all this is very odd.

• @vedran said:

@dahartigan said:

I find it odd (as far as I remember, but I could be wrong) this is the first time a provider gets their own announcement in LET history (which goes back to 2008). I also find it odd there were 4 other offer threads on the front page today, all bumped by Dustin, even if this is over 6 months old (and all it really takes is someone to say let's do it). And I find it odd they are being featured on LEB a lot more than any other host.

If they are paying for exposure I have nothing against it, if Jon or someone else is somehow related to RackNerd that's also fine. But if that's the case, we all remember (do we?) what happened the last time someone tried to hide the information from the community.

Don't get me wrong, even if I don't have any services with RackNerd, from what I can see Dustin is doing a good job. But they are NOT an established host, they are hardly a year old, and all this is very odd.

This ^^ is the problem. The fact that this ^^ is being pushed like its the best host out there, when we all very well know what happened last time.

• caracalcaracal Member

Has any other host tried to sponsor stuff and get their own sticky?

@vedran said:

@raindog308 said:
    All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Offer giveaways

Do all providers get an announcement thread on top of LEB post if they do any of those things?
    Is this a paid advertisement?

From our experience, we've been stickied/featured on giveaways that we've contributed to the community. We did this by getting in touch with the admins/mods here on LET/LEB. We didn't ask to be stickied, nor do we expect any special treatment. We believe our giveaways are minimal, and a way of us giving back to the community. We have several more giveaways planned/contributed by the way - so for those looking to win, there's plenty of more chances :)

I'd encourage providers to do the same, give back, stay active, market their brand, think big, don't stay small, and provide service that customers are ultimately happy with so that their business can scale.

@dahartigan said:

@raindog308 said:

All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Offer giveaways

Don't get me wrong, I understand that a lot of hosts don't have the gift of the gab and will miss out, if they aren't good with sales/marketing.

The most recognised and mentioned providers on these forums have a savvy sales trained representative, some don't and have their own charm too.

My suggestion to all providers is to get some marketing and sales skills. Dustin has said many times that he will help any provider here with anything and from my interactions with him I tend to believe that's genuine.

I would love to see other providers doing this stuff, and they do, but just not as hard.

BTW I've never watched Star Wars.

You're absolutely on point. Everything we do is available to every single provider, and best of all, a lot of these available resources are free. That's the beauty of it.

I feel like LEB/LET mods/admins do their best. Especially when it comes to supporting providers, pushing content, and maintaining a community that we each continue to visit.

I believe at the end of the day, it's a provider's responsibility to be seen, heard, promote, and provide reliable service. For those who need help, I've offered to help, discuss over the phone or in person. I'm always open to learning as well, along with brainstorming ways to grow their/my business. Providers here that actively promote have reached out and we've talked, and they've been professional and thankful. For those who haven't, I'm totally open to it. Just get in touch [email protected]

I invite providers to discuss publicly what they've tried/contributed when it comes to marketing here on LET/LEB and what may have been shot down, ignored, etc. I'd be surprised to see this, as the LEB/LET mods/admins are open.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@caracal said:

I'll sponsor 7 push-ups in honor of a winner selected by raffle.
    Can I get a sticky?

@vedran said:

@dahartigan said:

I can see how it could look that way, but everything we have has been earned.

You'd be surprised that not many "businesses" know how to market, nor care to. Businesses who think business should just come to them without initiative on their end, oftentimes suffer with growth (they stay small) and their finances are impacted.

Jon nor LEB/LET have any ownership of RackNerd - we simply contribute to the community, are very active, and take advantage of the free resources available to providers and promote within the community rules. The only exposure we're paying for (also available to every provider) is the banner advertisements we have on LEB/LET. We have acquired these through buysellads.com

As for bumping threads, I am simply replying to our valued customers who have questions, share desired improvements, desired expansions, and often times positive reviews. We also frequently reply to community members who have interest in our services. There are other "competitor" threads that have existed for months which also are "bumped", and on the first page. We don't see anything wrong with it, the community after all is what drives and keeps content relevant.

I do appreciate you recognizing that we're doing a good job. I believe we as a company have a lot more to do as well. We're working hard over here, delivering awesome service, growing incredibly fast, and committed to long term relationships. We're sincerely appreciative of the community and look forward to being part of it for many more years to come.

@caracal said:

Curious to know this as well :#

@dustinc said:

@caracal said:

Worked with another host...they just couldn't get organized to the point to make it happen. Even did the art for them...it may still happen but it's been many months now.

There were some charity giveaways yeaaaaars ago...one of these days I have to go find that thread and see how we did those because it would be fun to do that again.

Honestly, many providers don't seem to have a marketing plan beyond posting a few ads on forums. Some years ago I posted a question on WHT and LET both and asked "if you had $50K to spend on starting a hosting company, how would you spend the money". The answers were polarized into (a) people who would buy a ton of sweet gear, and (b) people who'd buy only essential gear and spend nearly all of it on acquiring customers. I think (b) is the right answer because it's far harder to attract customers than it is to provision nodes and configure Solus.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

It is constantly lost upon me why more providers don't step up and actively utilize all of the available benefits of LEB and LET. I've got about 20 providers I have on a near constant reminder list to get back to us on interviews, PR pieces, etc, which they have committed to but haven't turned around.

Just going to call it what it is, and that's not prioritizing positive outcomes (for their company and themselves) -- aka, not willing to do the work.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    Jon Biloh

@raindog308 said:

@dustinc said:

@caracal said:

Worked with another host...they just couldn't get organized to the point to make it happen. Even did the art for them...it may still happen but it's been many months now.

There were some charity giveaways yeaaaaars ago...one of these days I have to go find that thread and see how we did those because it would be fun to do that again.

Honestly, many providers don't seem to have a marketing plan beyond posting a few ads on forums. Some years ago I posted a question on WHT and LET both and asked "if you had $50K to spend on starting a hosting company, how would you spend the money". The answers were polarized into (a) people who would buy a ton of sweet gear, and (b) people who'd buy only essential gear and spend nearly all of it on acquiring customers. I think (b) is the right answer because it's far harder to attract customers than it is to provision nodes and configure Solus.

The good news is that it's just a few community members eager to know why we're shining or appear to be favored (which again is understandable from their perspective).

When it's totally nothing more than putting in the work. Sadly providers aren't taking advantage of what available to them, and it's just not limited to the LEB/LET community.

Providers who are looking for more, deserve more. For those that need help, and feel we could be of help, we are open to helping.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan

@jbiloh said:
    It is constantly lost upon me why more providers don't step up and actively utilize all of the available benefits of LEB and LET. I've got about 20 providers I have on a near constant reminder list to get back to us on interviews, PR pieces, etc, which they have committed to but haven't turned around.

Just going to call it what it is, and that's not prioritizing positive outcomes (for their company and themselves) -- aka, not willing to do the work.

That's not only sad but disappointing, at the same time expected. This is common in so many industries.

@dustinc said:

@jbiloh said:

That's not only sad but disappointing, at the same time expected. This is common in so many industries.

I don't want to take this topic too much further away from the Give-a-way (which is awesome, for the record).

That said, I updated these links on LowEndBox today to include links to the page @raindog308 wrote (https://lowendbox.com/blog/providers-partner-with-lowendbox/) about all the free and paid benefits available on LowEndBox and LowEndTalk!

https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

https://lowendbox.com/about/

Thanked by 2dustinc vedran
    Jon Biloh
  • I've entered the giveaway

• PepePepe Member

Subscribed!

@vladimirlenin said:
    I've entered the giveaway

Good luck!!

@Pepe said:
    Subscribed!

Great! :)

Jon Biloh
  • attiqfsdattiqfsd Member

Thanks for the promo. If the shipping isn't feasible, can the winner get Racknerd account credits?

@attiqfsd said:
    Thanks for the promo. If the shipping isn't feasible, can the winner get Racknerd account credits?

Absolutely, we're open to this 👊

Thanked by 1Ganonk