Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ovh support is trash
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ovh support is trash

Stay away from this awful provider. They dont care if youre hard down. Filing a chargeback is the only way to fix this.

Thanked by 1webcraft

Comments

• We will keep this in mind.

Thanked by 3o_be_one webcraft miroc
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@stoufers said: They dont care if youre hard

( ͝סּ ͜ʖ͡סּ)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 2webcraft pike
  • stoufersstoufers Member
    edited May 2021

What garbage hosting provider. I cant believe i signed up. 3.5 hour phone queue just to be hung up on. Lol just wow

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, to be fair. OVH is not a brothel.

• Hetzner support is very good :)

Thanked by 1pike
  • stoufersstoufers Member
    edited May 2021

Ridiculous

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

they are unmanaged, definition for it is hosting without support, if your hard disk is faulty you will need to provide a tests and serial number for it so they will replace within 30 mins as per SLA. If you can't do a basic tech, unfortunately you will need to look at proactive support and don't expect cheap prices (no $7 servers!).

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

ovh email support is a joke , but there phone support is very good , its just knowing the right channels

• debaserdebaser Member

@stoufers said:
    Ridiculous

You’ve made your point. OVH is clearly not the provider for you.

• JabJabJabJab Member

OVH has support?! /s

Thanked by 2o_be_one Saahib
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

Ive never needed to use the support in OVH except in hardware failure case where server was broken. They solved the incident within 35 minutes. Stuck server state took longer though.. a whole 3 hours. Which is still good for a weekend.

You can still get involved with the OVH staff easily at mailing lists, but that is not for support stuff, but mostly for network incident reporting and generic discussion.

@stoufers said:
    Ridiculous

We're curious, what was the issue? You couldn't install apache2?

You said about downtime above, so maybe it was a DDoS issue where the anti-ddos was leaking stuff in and overloaded your 1Gbps dedicated server port? Things like these can be prevented with IP Firewall rules and settings and choosing a right range server.

If your hosting high risk gameserver, get GAME Dedicated and enable GAME Firewall and block everything else. This completely eliminates any saturation attacks you might have, but not all A2S attacks that can lag out or kill your running services. Those need to be blocked locally via iptables and other settings or services. OVH is not some magic switch that can block all and any sized DDoS attacks and make it impossible for the adversary to down your server. You are alone in such situation if you cannot configure your own anti-ddos rules and server settings.

Then you should go for @SplitIce X4B service or @Clouvider or @Zare or any other anti-ddos provider that will actually hold your hands in case there is an attack against your service. But that will of course cost more than OVH asks. If you pay them enough, they will even sing you to sleep at night, I guarantee this. The service is absolutely top notch if your willing to invest more than a penny into it.

OVH support is non-existent for such issues, but perfect for any network or hardware related incidents.

• OVH never had premium support.. They even corrupted some data by changing a drive on a server because the second one was down while there were only 1 disk on the dedi.

@stefeman said: You can still get involved with the OVH staff easily at mailing lists

Also on Freenode, there is like 5 to 10 staffs often willing to help if you properly adress your request.

• mrclownmrclown Member

OVH support varies depending on the region. I believe they never expect you to host mission-critical applications on them. Checking hardware deeply before you put anything is ideal with any providers.

My experience with OVH even via ticket wasn't that bad (sometimes takes 1-2 weeks). They do the job if you have enough patience and know their timing.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • mike1smike1s Member

And the sky is blue. Damn near the only way to get decent support from them is to open a ticket, then pick up the phone.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

OVH has most of the things automated, you can do most of the stuff yourself apart of hardware failure, and in that they are quick.

Frankly, I had used OVH tickets for some support and it was acceptable.

• pierrepierre Member

Old news, next please.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

OVH support sucks most of the time. I remember I had one GAME-64 Dedicated Server with Network Issues (frequent disconnections). They asked me to monitor my network 30 days and then to share with them results.
    I guess that isn't what customers expect but can't blame them just for that.
    I'm currently reseller of their services and I'm satisfied with Hardware + Protection at that given amount.

• pierrepierre Member
    edited May 2021

@FlorinMarian said:
    OVH support sucks most of the time. I remember I had one GAME-64 Dedicated Server with Network Issues (frequent disconnections). They asked me to monitor my network 30 days and then to share with them results.
    I'm currently reseller of their services and I'm satisfied with Hardware + Protection at that given amount.

Let me one-up you! 8 of my servers were lost in a fire :wink:

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@pierre said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Let me one-up you! 8 of my servers were lost in a fire :wink:

That's very sad and unexpected using services from a giant like OVH.
    Hope they learned their lesson.