Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner SX Line (Storage Servers)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Hetzner SX Line (Storage Servers)

Hey LET

don't suppose anyone has any of the SX Line Server there wanting to trade im running out of space on my backup ones and they all like 4-6 weeks to get them at the moment.

or any other recommendations of other EU hosts with 100tb Plus storage servers at reasonable prices (i know it wont be hetz) no one can

thanks in advance :smile:

Comments

  • skorupionskorupion Member
    edited May 3

    message skynode.eu on live chat, may be able to provide you with something good

    Thanked by 1Jasonhyperhost

    My Blog rafalblog.xyz
    Contabo GmbH insanely cheap VPS |

  • AdvinAdvin Member

    Might have some available for transfer soon. It depends, though.

  • m4num4nu Member, Provider

    Might have 1-2 previous-gen SX to transfer too. Currently I keep more than I need due to the Chia madness and uncertain supply.

    They do ship new SX and I got one last week. But it takes some waiting.

    Simple and secure Borg Backup hosting from $2/month: BorgBase.com

  • jarjar Provider

    Pick up their 10TB storage boxes temporarily if you need. Gets the job done.

    Founder @ MXroute

  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Provider

    You can use our backup storage 10 TB:
    https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.html
    and you can use the coupon LET20% to get discount 20%.

    Thanked by 1yomero
  • sithrebel15sithrebel15 Member
    edited May 4

    The current value of a sx293 is $850 A DAY. no one is giving you a sx series server lol

  • flawsomeflawsome Member

    Sometimes customers let go of these on Hetzner’s Forum

  • tjntjn Member

    @sithrebel15 said:
    The current value of a sx293 is $850 A DAY. no one is giving you a sx series server lol

    How did you get to this valuation? 😅

  • vuevue Member

    you should contact @PulsedMedia , i could highly recommend them in storage :) great support

    Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • xetsysxetsys Member

    +1 for @PulsedMedia for cheap storage. Although, I am not sure if they offer 100+TB storage. But maybe you can order multiple seedboxes and then somehow concatenate them together?

    Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @sithrebel15 said:
    The current value of a sx293 is $850 A DAY. no one is giving you a sx series server lol

    how did you come to that price , no storage server they do is that pricey!

  • @jar said:
    Pick up their 10TB storage boxes temporarily if you need. Gets the job done.

    Thanks , but looking for a dedi with high storage to expand our backup solution have 15tb spare , wont last long

  • @m4nu said:
    Might have 1-2 previous-gen SX to transfer too. Currently I keep more than I need due to the Chia madness and uncertain supply.

    They do ship new SX and I got one last week. But it takes some waiting.

    Thanks , i did order some new ones but they telling me 4-6 weeks to get them which im a little worried my backup solution would of run out of storage by then. if you have and spares please drop me a dm

    thanks

  • @Advin said:
    Might have some available for transfer soon. It depends, though.

    thanks @Advin if you do please drop me a dm thanks

  • @vue said:
    you should contact @PulsedMedia , i could highly recommend them in storage :) great support

    ill drop them a DM to see what they can offer thanks

  • daffydaffy Member

    It's not an SX, but I have a 4x10TB auction server I most probably will let go some time next week if you're interested.

    Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @daffy said:
    It's not an SX, but I have a 4x10TB auction server I most probably will let go some time next week if you're interested.

    you might want to mention the monthly recurring? ;-)

    Thanked by 1daffy

    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

  • daffydaffy Member

    @Falzo said:

    @daffy said:
    It's not an SX, but I have a 4x10TB auction server I most probably will let go some time next week if you're interested.

    you might want to mention the monthly recurring? ;-)

    Hehe, I realized that two seconds after posting that comment, but figured OP would ask if interested. ;)

    Anyway, checked my invoice and it seems like 69 EUR/month.
    E3-1271 v3, 32GB ECC RAM and Intel NIC might also be worth mentioning :)

    Thanked by 2Falzo drunkendog
  • drunkendogdrunkendog Member

    @daffy said:

    @Falzo said:

    @daffy said:
    It's not an SX, but I have a 4x10TB auction server I most probably will let go some time next week if you're interested.

    you might want to mention the monthly recurring? ;-)

    Hehe, I realized that two seconds after posting that comment, but figured OP would ask if interested. ;)

    Anyway, checked my invoice and it seems like 69 EUR/month.
    E3-1271 v3, 32GB ECC RAM and Intel NIC might also be worth mentioning :)

    If OP passes, I would be interested in that. I've got similar issues with finding cheap storage

    Thanked by 1daffy
  • I will pay for sx servers. Pm me for info

  • network33network33 Member

    I just got an Sx-63 delivered that I order a long long time ago in Finland... I have no need for it now, but I also believe I can't transfer it until after 30 days

  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 5

    People are now ordering these en masse in order to sell them for profit via transfers. Someone already tried to sell me an old 200€ sx with 10x10TB for 500€. And get this.. Only via crypto, so he basically wanted some BTC.

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    @xetsys said: Although, I am not sure if they offer 100+TB storage.

    as a dedi we do.

    Thanked by 1xetsys
  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Provider

    @drunkendog said:

    @daffy said:

    @Falzo said:

    @daffy said:
    It's not an SX, but I have a 4x10TB auction server I most probably will let go some time next week if you're interested.

    you might want to mention the monthly recurring? ;-)

    Hehe, I realized that two seconds after posting that comment, but figured OP would ask if interested. ;)

    Anyway, checked my invoice and it seems like 69 EUR/month.
    E3-1271 v3, 32GB ECC RAM and Intel NIC might also be worth mentioning :)

    If OP passes, I would be interested in that. I've got similar issues with finding cheap storage

    We can do nicely priced storage in pretty much all the locations where we do storage VPSs.

    In Amsterdam and Chicago, we can also do 1 Gbps unmetered for a fairly low price.

    We're still cheaper per TB than all major providers, and that is after factoring in RAID60/SSD caching etc. :)

    Deploy excellent quality VMs in 14 global locations - hosthatch.com

  • @network33 said:
    I just got an Sx-63 delivered that I order a long long time ago in Finland... I have no need for it now, but I also believe I can't transfer it until after 30 days

    damm thats annoying :neutral:

  • network33network33 Member

    @Jasonhyperhost said:

    @network33 said:
    I just got an Sx-63 delivered that I order a long long time ago in Finland... I have no need for it now, but I also believe I can't transfer it until after 30 days

    damm thats annoying :neutral:

    Sure is... Guess I'll see what all the buzz about chia is.. lol

  • AdvinAdvin Member
    edited May 6

    I should mention, there's something weird with SX63's.
    I ordered an SX63 in 04/22, and I received mine on 04/28.
    I also ordered an SX63 on 04/18, and I received mine on 04/25.
    Finally, I ordered one on 04/16 and I received mine on 04/17.

    It's so weird. I don't know why this happens. I had an order in March (03/28) and it got delivered in 04/20. There has to be something weird I'm doing.

  • kalipuskalipus Member
    edited May 9

    only 80TB
    https://www.euserv.com/de/dedizierte-server/filer-rootserver/v5/index.php

    120TB
    https://www.webtropia.com/guenstige-storage-server

    otherwise you can get a cheap hetzner from auction and adding some 16TB drives as needed for 27€ each, but think at 4 is the limit

  • HxxxHxxx Member

    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @kalipus said:
    only 80TB
    https://www.euserv.com/de/dedizierte-server/filer-rootserver/v5/index.php

    120TB
    https://www.webtropia.com/guenstige-storage-server

    otherwise you can get a cheap hetzner from auction and adding some 16TB drives as needed for 27€ each, but think at 4 is the limit

    @kalipus , most of there auction server are 3 drives max :(

  • sithrebel15sithrebel15 Member
    edited May 9

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    encrypt the drives, route your traffic to another provider, and disable ME with me_cleaner and they shouldn't have any easy way to catch you. Chia doesn't degrade any other users experience as long as you're on a dedicated box.

    Thanked by 1kalipus
  • jarjar Provider

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    Only on cloud though right? More understandable there.

    Founder @ MXroute

  • @jar said:

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    Only on cloud though right? More understandable there.

    No, "root server" means dedicated boxes.

    Thanked by 1jar
  • kwaralalakwaralala Member

    @jar said:

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    Only on cloud though right? More understandable there.

    Nope: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3229174#Comment_3229174

    Thanked by 1jar
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited May 9

    @jar said:

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    Only on cloud though right? More understandable there.

    No ... they expanded it to root servers. In the root servers AUP (dedicated servers AUP) it now says is forbidden. Must have happened recently. No doubt .... CHIA had impact on them and they went against it.

    Thanked by 1jar
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited May 9

    @sithrebel15 said:

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    encrypt the drives, route your traffic to another provider, and disable ME with me_cleaner and they shouldn't have any easy way to catch you. Chia doesn't degrade any other users experience as long as you're on a dedicated box.

    Good idea but just to further clarify. CHIA does kill SSD's when it's plotting. Is even on their official documentation. As we all know SSD's have limited read/writes...

    That's why is suggested to use your SSD to plot (consciously kill it, but it plots faster) but store the plots in HDD storage to actually then farm which seems to be a low resources operation. The key part is the plotting, it just wear out SSD's like it's cookies.

    Wouldn't surprise me they noticed this and made changes to their AUP. Certainly two months ago that AUP did allowed crypto mining on root servers, GPU or CPU. But now they certainly have issues with it since the BAN is referred as crypto mining as a whole.

  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Provider

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    They'd better fix the server crash problem. AMD Ryzen and i9-9900k have persistent reboot issues.

    As for me, prohibiting mining is absolutely stupid. It is necessary, on the contrary, until the wave to sell all the servers.

    When the dump is done, 70% of the mining will be immediately blown away and there will be a lot of cheap servers again.

    My Hosting: ABCVG.net

  • kalipuskalipus Member

    @Hxxx said:
    Hetzner changed their root servers AUP and now crypto usage is banned. Just saying those Chia servers will not last...

    reference? did not get any mail about those changes

  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited May 9

    I believe they are not obligated to notify. AUP is on their website, go to the "root servers" part. @kalipus

  • zumachasezumachase Member

    @Vova1234 said:
    They'd better fix the server crash problem. AMD Ryzen and i9-9900k have persistent reboot issues.

    Can you elaborate on this? We have been experiencing this on some new Zen 3 hardware.

Sign In or Register to comment.