Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS ignored DMCA in Europe (under $10)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Looking for VPS ignored DMCA in Europe (under $10)

seanblueseanblue Member
edited May 2 in Requests

I used VPS KVM of SoftShellWeb for 8 months ($7/monthly) before they suspend VPS a few days ago and I can't download my data. Now I need to find new VPS with:

VZ Type: KVM
Number of Cores: at least 4 core
RAM: at least 4GB
Disk: 50GB SSD
Bandwidth: at least 1TB
Port speed: 1Gbps (or 100Mbps)
DDoS Protection: Yes
Number of IPs: 01 IPv4
Location: Europe (countries can ignored DMCA)
Budget: under $10/month (support WebMoney is better)

My website have adult content and I not store copyright content on VPS, I only share download links from other sites (filehosts: Rapidgator...). If VPS provider received DMCA complaints, I hope they can give me a time to remove reported contents without suspend VPS immediately. Thanks so much!

Comments

  • pierrepierre Member

    https://buyvm.net

    Lux Slice should be fine for you. A little out of your budget but worth it.

  • codelockcodelock Member

    @pierre said:
    https://buyvm.net

    Lux Slice should be fine for you. A little out of your budget but worth it.

    LUX slice is really hard to get nowadays been waiting for a month no restock

  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

    lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

  • xetsysxetsys Member

    Kimsufi

  • afnafn Member

    Kimsufi(/OVH) and contabo are a gamble, they officially should respond to DMCA, but most of the time they just don't care enough to handle them.

    BuyVM is the safest so far if you're looking for quality if you need your server up. If you don't need a big uptime and you're fine with your server being down sometimes then go with HostSolutions by coicu.

    Also you can host your VPS anywhere and simply use ddos-guard to hide the vps IP, (not cloudflare as they will forward the complain to your hosting provider and will give away your real IP)

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @codelock said: LUX slice is really hard to get nowadays been waiting for a month no restock

    Sorry.

    I made a gamble that GTT would get us setup within a reasonable time but that went up in smoke a good while ago.

    I'm working on some resource monitoring/capping that should get some abusive usage (512MB blasting 100 - 200mbit of TOR, etc) under control. Once I got that done it'll likely get a good bit of room on our ports in LUX so we can open at least some of the stock.

    Hoping to get it done sometime today depending on how i'm feeling and support tickets.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 2kalipus codelock
    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • kalipuskalipus Member

    @Francisco said:

    @codelock said: LUX slice is really hard to get nowadays been waiting for a month no restock

    Sorry.

    I made a gamble that GTT would get us setup within a reasonable time but that went up in smoke a good while ago.

    I'm working on some resource monitoring/capping that should get some abusive usage (512MB blasting 100 - 200mbit of TOR, etc) under control. Once I got that done it'll likely get a good bit of room on our ports in LUX so we can open at least some of the stock.

    Hoping to get it done sometime today depending on how i'm feeling and support tickets.

    Francisco

    i would recommend me as a fair user replacement :smile:

  • seanblueseanblue Member

    @afn said:
    Kimsufi(/OVH) and contabo are a gamble, they officially should respond to DMCA, but most of the time they just don't care enough to handle them.

    BuyVM is the safest so far if you're looking for quality if you need your server up. If you don't need a big uptime and you're fine with your server being down sometimes then go with HostSolutions by coicu.

    Also you can host your VPS anywhere and simply use ddos-guard to hide the vps IP, (not cloudflare as they will forward the complain to your hosting provider and will give away your real IP)

    Before, I used HostSolutions for a long time and you right, sometimes their VPS downtime, last year my VPS downtime and they upgrade something but then VPS working so bad. So, I moved to SoftShellWeb, SoftShellWeb have great speed, good price and I don't see downtime but when they received DMCA complaints from Cloudflare, they suspended VPS without requested I remove contents reported.

    Since I start build my website, I used Cloudflare till now. I don't know ddos-guard that you said have functions like Cloudflare or not, can you explain more details for me about ddos-guard, it have free plan for me?

    My English is not good. Thanks so much!

  • afnafn Member
    edited May 2

    @seanblue , you can check their website for more details. They have a free plan, and bit less features but they are usually safer and don't have much restrictions and privacy invasion like Cloudflare.

    Also just 1 hint if you multiple subdomains pointing to different servers: If you need to have multiple origins protected with CF you would simply add the subdomains and activate the orange cloud icon.
    With DDos-guard to do this, you just need to add another service, add first service for
    subdomain1.domain.com and then a new service (for free) for the subdomain2.domain.com with the different IP

    unless you need some very CF special features like load balancing, firewall rules for free, workers, etc DDOS-guard with their free plan will just work fine for you.

    Check out their website, also unlike CF who barely answers support tickets (maybe with a 2-3 weeks delay), DDOS-guard always gets back to me in a timely manner + their support knows what they say. with CF support people are usually incompetent and don't even know what they're selling, you will have to go through the forum of CF to get some attention from one of the competent people at CF and some special treatment, otherwise you get trash from normal support.

  • seanblueseanblue Member

    @afn said:
    @seanblue , you can check their website for more details. They have a free plan, and bit less features but they are usually safer and don't have much restrictions and privacy invasion like Cloudflare.

    Also just 1 hint if you multiple subdomains pointing to different servers: If you need to have multiple origins protected with CF you would simply add the subdomains and activate the orange cloud icon.
    With DDos-guard to do this, you just need to add another service, add first service for
    subdomain1.domain.com and then a new service (for free) for the subdomain2.domain.com with the different IP

    unless you need some very CF special features like load balancing, firewall rules for free, workers, etc DDOS-guard with their free plan will just work fine for you.

    Check out their website, also unlike CF who barely answers support tickets (maybe with a 2-3 weeks delay), DDOS-guard always gets back to me in a timely manner + their support knows what they say. with CF support people are usually incompetent and don't even know what they're selling, you will have to go through the forum of CF to get some attention from one of the competent people at CF and some special treatment, otherwise you get trash from normal support.

    I use 1 domain and don't use subdomain, I like CF because they have CDN help saving bandwidth and accelerator access from around the world. Since I start use CF, I only use DNS and SSL/TLS, other functions I rarely care.

    If someone send DMCA complaints to ddos-guard, what will they do? They can forward it to VPS provider like CF?

  • afnafn Member

    @seanblue said:

    , I only use DNS

    You shouldn't... if you're only using DNS and disabling the "orange cloud" thing then you're not even using their CDN, nor saving any bandwidth as you think + you're not hiding your server IP...

    If someone send DMCA complaints to ddos-guard, what will they do? They can forward it to VPS provider like CF?

    "Can", yes, ofc they can _forward to the VPS provider if they _want to, will they do it? No, they usually don't forward it, they Only notify you by email that they received a complaint. More importantly, even if the worst happens and they suspend your account, they still won't hand over your real IP to whoever sent the complaint unless there is a court order. So your vps will remain safe and you can start over with another account.

    Also most providers, even hetzner who is considered strict won't suspend you immediately, they will usually give you 24 hours to remove the reported content.

    I will personally suggest you go with buyvm (very good value for money + usually DMCA safe+ ddos protection for a couple extra bucks), @HostSlick (DDOS protection included), Contabo (average quality but good prices with a lot of storage), Hetzner (extremely fast cloud VPS with 10gbps port, the least safe DMCA option on the list, consider it as last resort).

    All these providers won't immediately suspend you if they get a DMCA and whoever you decide to go with make sure to hide the IP using ddos-guard. Also always make sure you have an offsite backup on another VPS, maybe one of coicu's cheap VPS offers will do for the secondary backup vps, or maybe any other cheap offer ~30$/year VPS with 50GB SSD.
    or you can even just buy some storage like this offer:
    https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-share
    and upload your backup to the storage regularly.

  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member

    @seanblue said:
    My website have adult content and I not store copyright content on VPS, I only share download links from other sites (filehosts: Rapidgator...).

    These sites are the worst. Just do torrents.

  • seanblueseanblue Member

    @afn said:

    You shouldn't... if you're only using DNS and disabling the "orange cloud" thing then you're not even using their CDN, nor saving any bandwidth as you think + you're not hiding your server IP...

    I only use DNS, I mean I have use "orange cloud" (Proxied), so server IP hidden when someone checking it. I have been waiting for reply from HostSolutions. Thank you for your enthusiasm!

Sign In or Register to comment.