Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute Catch-All function segregated for each domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute Catch-All function segregated for each domain

PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran

Hello,

I have a MXroute account with multiple domains, and I would like to setup a dedicated Catch-all email for each domain ..

So that,
Domain1.com will Catch-all to [email protected]
Domain2.com will Catch-all to [email protected]

Currently the Catch all for all domains is only one email address.

Is there a way to do it through DA CP, which MXroute utilizing to control the domain/mailbox accounts ?

In GSuite, there is an advance filter function where you can specify a rule to segregate/filter the catch all emails based on many parameters (such as domain, pattern ..etc). I find this feature very useful. @jar No pressure :smiley:.

Thanks

Comments

• I would also like to know if there is a feature to exclude certain email address from catch all .

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2021

Catch all accounts are not defined account wide but per domain. There’s a drop down menu at the top where you select the domain. If changing domain doesn’t refresh the page to show the settings for that domain, browse to another page and then back.

You can create sieve filters as you like from there but catch all selectively overridden is kind of contradictory. You’re welcome to be contradictory, but you’ve asked for it all and received it, it’s up to you to filter it. Sieve filters are configured in Roundcube settings.

Remember that Gmail is a proprietary web based email client with an API. We’re an email server and not a software vendor. You can purchase and use any variety of email client with us, or pick from many free ones. Many free ones we’ve installed on our servers for you to use (as well as licensed Crossbox for you). It’s best to not compare us to Gmail though, they are indeed a software vendor.

As I can see where this is headed let me offer some advice: do not set a catch all address as a Gmail address if you value the reputation of your domain with their content filters. You’re going to receive spam, I’m going to forward it from you via SRS, and you’re going to get more of it because any randomly generated string @yourdomain.tld is now verified and working, perfect to be sold in lists of working addresses to spammers. How long it takes them to notice is the question, but it’s not “if” it is indeed “when.”

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If changing domain doesn’t refresh the page to show the settings for that domain, browse to another page and then back.

That does seem to be necessary for the catch all page using the Evolution template @DA_Mark

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • As I can see where this is headed let me offer some advice: do not set a catch all address as a Gmail address if you value the reputation of your domain with their content filters. You’re going to receive spam, I’m going to forward it from you via SRS, and you’re going to get more of it because any randomly generated string @yourdomain.tld is now verified and working, perfect to be sold in lists of working addresses to spammers. How long it takes them to notice is the question, but it’s not “if” it is indeed “when.”

Thank you for the help and the advice, which I appreciate. I will use catch all temporarily and then will disable it. Last thing I want to effect my domain reputation and fall victim of spammers.

Thanked by 1jar