Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetNode NL - IPv4 unreachable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetNode NL - IPv4 unreachable

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Old and busted: IPv6 outages
New hotness: IPv4 outage at BudgetNode

I have a small KVM VPS with BudgetNode in NL for some years. They've become very quiet here but the server just works, so I kept it. It was a BF special iirc.

Today I noticed that I can no longer reach the server via IPv4. IPv6 works fine though. It's hosted on 185.147.34.0/24. I checked bgp.he.net and lg.ring.nlnog.net and it seems like HostSlim (the DC BudgetNode uses) is still announcing that subnet but according to the RIPE IRR database it belongs to Hyonix now, who are announcing it as well.

This could be a mistake, but I'll rather go ahead and move my stuff to another server.

Comments

• Looks like they didn't pay their IP invoice, and it got rented to another company. It might be a mistake, but I doubt it is.

HE says that it's only announced by Hyonix and not HostSlim.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

Not just 185*, Recently we have rent a prefix that was in use by BudgetNode on Psychz with 10+ active websites.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@pierre said:
    Looks like they didn't pay their IP invoice

This is exactly why we should rely less on IPv4, and move to NAT / IPv6-only servers.

Thanked by 1salakis
  • @yoursunny said:

@pierre said:

This is exactly why we should rely less on IPv4, and move to NAT / IPv6-only servers.

Yep. Everyone should just sell all their IPv4 subnets for $6/IP and only buy IPv6.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @brueggus said:
    They've become very quiet here but the server just works, so I kept it. It was a BF special iirc.

I think you should move on now...

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

I'm confused now.

My ticket was responded to and I got a new IP assigned. So I can disable vx84.service again now, I guess, and let it idle. I've already moved my application to another provider I consider more reliable.

• @yoursunny said:

@pierre said:

Cause someone doesn't know how and when to pay bills?

Fuck living in a house, I'll live on the streets cause eh.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2021

@yoursunny said:

@pierre said:

Cause fuck logic.

No, seriously.. This has nothing to do with relying on NAT/IPv6.. Just fucking get a more reliable provider that pays it's bills lol.

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2021

I have seen some 185 of them in spamhaus before some months ago. When I was checking around my own ips and check other networks while being bored. The complete /24 was listed for something like blabla bulletproof cybercrime hosting.

Maybe pulled. But Who knows. Only budgetnode can tell you

• I have already given up on them. I had some billing issue with them. Ticket remains unanswered for over a month.

They seem to be in autopilot mode and it's just a matter of time before the fuel runs out...

• Funny thing is - their Utah location has also been down since the fire in the DC there.
    Claiming that their servers were affected by the fire. Still charging for the VPS though..

As a side node - if anyone knows a good cheap Utah VPS - please share :-)