Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wanna leave plesk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I wanna leave plesk

Hello,

I want leave Plesk and possible save some money. The reason why I want to change is because it's heavy.

What do you suggest me?

I'm trying Direct Admin and I'm feel lost and seem very limited.

Comments

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited April 2021

DirectAdmin is not difficult, is user-friendly like cPanel.. It's just a time of go deeply and know how it works.

ISPManager is a good alternative but you will require 2GB RAM and 1 Core to have at least 10 websites hosted. ISPManager have a new theme, but the best alternative in my opinion to cPanel is DirectAdmin.

If you are using a VPS with 512MB or 1GB is better you use without any panel..

• I also want to leave plesk, but it is an abusive relationship and all other panels are just worse.

Thanked by 3Hxxx chiccorosso lorian
  • cyagoncyagon Member
    edited April 2021

Have you looked into apiscp (from @nem )? Im currently moving from ISPManager to apiscp and it looks pretty good so far.

Thanked by 1nem
  • TejyTejy Member

KeyHelp, but features limited.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @chiccorosso said:
    Hello,

I want leave Plesk and possible save some money. The reason why I want to change is because it's heavy.

What do you suggest me?

I'm trying Direct Admin and I'm feel lost and seem very limited.

It is a lot easier to help if you describe what you need.

But you can take a look at CyberPanel. It is one of the new control panels, and it's built for LiteSpeed/OpenLiteSpeed and it's easy to use. The founder is one of LiteSpeed Technologies' developers.

CyberPanel has like other free panels been criticized a little for not checking for similar security issues and not fixing security issues fast enough when they have been reported. But they have addressed the problem by hiring a pentester, so I think it is worth giving them a chance.

CyberPanel + OpenLiteSpeed is free.
    https://cyberpanel.net/

CyberPanel Enterprise + LiteSpeed (1 domain, 1 worker, 2 GB Ram) is free and they offer a 15 days trial for larger servers, so you can test it.
    https://cyberpanel.net/cyberpanel-enterprise-pricing/

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I want to leave Earth. The universe is not calling me though.

• Apiscp <3

Thanked by 1nem
  • cazrzcazrz Member

@cyagon said:
    Have you looked into apiscp (from @nem )? Im currently moving from ISPManager to apiscp and it looks pretty good so far.

Does it work with Ubuntu or Debian? CentOS is dead.

• @cazrz said:

@cyagon said:

@nem have a seamless transition in place to Rocky or Alma by Q3..

• ipc manager work with debian, but the worst part with direct admin is:

1. you cant change easily php version for domain and subdomains
    2. create an extra user for developer with limited permission
    3. setup a cron job it's old and complicated

I know cyberpanel but isn't stable. I'm not trust to handle client site.

I read a lot of apiscp, i'm looking for a demo but missing backup scheder....where is it?

ISPManager it's stable for client?

Pay attention I want change plesk not for price but for heavy.

• cazrzcazrz Member

@chiccorosso said:
    ipc manager work with debian, but the worst part with direct admin is:

1. you cant change easily php version for domain and subdomains
    2. create an extra user for developer with limited permission
    3. setup a cron job it's old and complicated

I know cyberpanel but isn't stable. I'm not trust to handle client site.

I read a lot of apiscp, i'm looking for a demo but missing backup scheder....where is it?

ISPManager it's stable for client?

Pay attention I want change plesk not for price but for heavy.

Its stable. 2GB is just the recommended. Why do you say plesk is heavy?

• Because I test 3 website first in vps and after in dedicated server (4 times more big of vps) and speed not improve.
    In meanwhile with directadmin or cyberpanel work the change of server improve the speed.

• Directadmin, if your dc offers internal licensing, you are in for a win.
    ApisCp @nem

Here at NexusBytes, we offer both for free.

• @cazrz said: Its stable. 2GB is just the recommended. Why do you say plesk is heavy?

2GB is fine. With Nginx.

2GB is not fine. With Apache.

• @William said:

@cazrz said: Its stable. 2GB is just the recommended. Why do you say plesk is heavy?

2GB is fine. With Nginx.

2GB is not fine. With Apache.

NGINX is a great web server, but Apache is quite good when it's configured correctly. You can configure Apache to behave like litespeed or Nginx it really does boost speed

• With 2GB Ram and Plesk with PHP+MySQL running it does absolutely not matter how much you optimize Apache.

• AswinAswin Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

Try https://cloudstick.io

Less price, easy to use, one-click installers, Free team feature, free migration, and 24/7 technical support. EasyPHP installer, User quota, and more..

• cazrzcazrz Member

@William said:
    With 2GB Ram and Plesk with PHP+MySQL running it does absolutely not matter how much you optimize Apache.

Ok maybe try ISPmanager

• cazrzcazrz Member

@chiccorosso said:
    Because I test 3 website first in vps and after in dedicated server (4 times more big of vps) and speed not improve.
    In meanwhile with directadmin or cyberpanel work the change of server improve the speed.

Many times its not the server but its due to crap plugins or scripts. Maybe try optimizing your site?

Or do you expect that control panels makes automatic optimization base on your site?

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@kaz050457 said:
    @nem have a seamless transition in place to Rocky or Alma by Q3..

Waiting on Rocky to not be vaporware... they've got a little more than a month to go.

@cazrz said:

Repeering upstream to Red Hat creates quite a bit more value for a distro backed by a corporation with more than $3 billion in revenue. I'd put faith in Red Hat continuing to deliver enterprise reliability even if that means you get access to software slightly sooner than every 5 years.

• I already optimize all site. But why same site changing only web hosting panel it’s more heavy?

@Aswin there is a demo?

• AswinAswin Member, Host Rep

@chiccorosso said:
    I already optimize all site. But why same site changing only web hosting panel it’s more heavy?

@Aswin there is a demo?

There is no demo but we provide 10 days free trial, no need for the credit card info. All you need a Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/20.04 LTS.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • Highly recommend ApisCP as well. I moved my Plesk boxes to ApisCP some time ago and couldn't be happier.

Thanked by 2Ympker chiccorosso
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2021

I vote CyberPanel. It is not the prettiest thing that you will see, but does the job and at least imo is not very heavy.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Can we have any alternative to Plesk for windows users? For Linux, I am using cPanel & Directadmin though.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited April 2021

I'm running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 on a 3GB 4 vCPU VPS - RHEL 8 ( I think this version is faster than 18.0.34 #2)

Using Cgroups, I limit the memory and CPU for each website.

So far, Plesk is running fast.

Compared with DirectAdmin, I must admit that DA is lighter and easier to manage.

Plesk uses Domain as home folder while DA and cPanel use /home/$user as home folder.

• @Unixfy said:
    Highly recommend ApisCP as well. I moved my Plesk boxes to ApisCP some time ago and couldn't be happier.

Didn't see you in a while, mate. Good to see you are still around :)

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • @Unixfy said:
    Highly recommend ApisCP as well. I moved my Plesk boxes to ApisCP some time ago and couldn't be happier.

I'm valuing ApisCP it's support backup schedule and restore daily from a ftp storage?

@Radi said:
    I vote CyberPanel. It is not the prettiest thing that you will see, but does the job and at least imo is not very heavy.

I have some vps with Cyberpanel. And I like it! but problem is setup ftp backup. Any suggestion?

• @Fritz said: Plesk uses Domain as home folder while DA and cPanel use /home/$user as home folder.

That's a principle reason why I hate(d) working with clients that use(d) Plesk (- an unnecessary splitting of http/https).
    Note: DA actually uses/used the Plesk structure though has a symbolic link.

• At moment, after 14y of plesk, directadmin missing a lot ux and setting like php version easy change, cron job easy to setup, different php version in domain and subdomain.