Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inceptionhosting London network outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inceptionhosting London network outage

It seems Inceptionhosting in London has some network issues.

My health checks started firing at 10:52am BST.

Under investigation according to their announcement:
https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/index.php?rp=/announcements/269/Network-Issues-London-21-April-2021.html

Comments

• Yep, I have two VPS down on the same node. Can access the consoles, so purely a network issue. C'mon @Clouvider you can do it! :)

• harisharis Member

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Yep, I have two VPS down on the same node. Can access the consoles, so purely a network issue. C'mon @Clouvider you can do it! :)

I have a VPS on KVM10 and SolusVM errors out with:
    "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

• @haris said: KVM10 and SolusVM

Same node. Try from Client Area (though the Client Area timed out on first attempt).

Thanked by 1haris
  • Is the datacenter burned? OMG, I have no backup!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2021

We're back up, so no backup required! :-p
    Didn't even lose millions. :|
    Hetrix (Free)

Downtime: 1 hr 12 min
    Noticed at: 2021-04-21 11:03:28 (UTC+00:00)

Uptime (Free)

It was down for 1 hour and 9 minutes

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

We have narrowed down the issue to one Juniper MX router that has suffered a catastrophic failure and lost its ability to forward traffic while maintaining the sessions with some of the adjacent devices, therefore causing a traffic blackhole.

Majority of the traffic has automatically re-routed; some traffic was being blackholed which has been manually rectified.

This is why you need Bidirectional Forwarding Detection to detect data plane faults on the remote device.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2021

@yoursunny said: This is why you need Bidirectional Forwarding Detection to detect data plane faults on the remote device.

In theory, yes, unfortunately BFD did not help in this instance. BFD packets were flying through. So were any other RE bound packets.

• @AlexBarakov, will the scheduled maintenance for 23 of April have an impact on AlphaVPS (UK location) as well?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@kalimov622 said:
    @AlexBarakov, will the scheduled maintenance for 23 of April have an impact on AlphaVPS (UK location) as well?

The best place to ask this question would likely be their support channels :-).

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited April 2021

@Clouvider said: The best place to ask this question would likely be their support channels :-).

That's correct but since they use the same network in UK (clouvider) and I am using all 3 providers I thought I'd keep it within the same thread in case the scheduled maintenance will affect them too, although if I remember correctly they're using Volda datacenter.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2021

@kalimov622 - until now, we haven't been contacted for maintenance. Thus, I'd say it would not affect us. Should this change, we'll communicate with all of our customers via email, as always. As Dom mentioned above - the best way to communicate with us would be via a ticket or email. Should anything else concern you - just shoot us a ticket and we'll get to you!

Alex

Thanked by 1kalimov622