Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote Desktop
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Remote Desktop

denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep

Good Morning/Evening,
What remote desktop software do you all use to reach your linux work station environments?
Currently setting up a box that i can do some work remotely from, just wondering what you all use to connect to those. Tried XRDP its just clunky and slow :/

Comments

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 2021

@denellum

NoMachine
    X2Go

• Try vncserver.

• nomachine & teamviewer, I prefer nomachine

• @Matt247 said:
    nomachine & teamviewer, I prefer nomachine

NoMachine is much faster and smoother. One can even watch video from remote machine.

• @dev_vps said:

@Matt247 said:
    nomachine & teamviewer, I prefer nomachine

NoMachine is much faster and smoother. One can even watch video from remote machine.

Agreed, tried many software but can't beat Nomachine

• Remmina, I use Remmina Remote Desktop Client to access remote machines. So far it's smooth and okay for me even on a low-speed internet connection.

• denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep

@kamash said:
    Remmina, I use Remmina Remote Desktop Client to access remote machines. So far it's smooth and okay for me even on a low-speed internet connection.

Right, but what "server application" are you using. Sorry I should have posted this in the OP.

• xrdp