Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPTV server setup tutorial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPTV server setup tutorial

MidasolaimanMidasolaiman Member
edited April 2021 in Requests

Hello
Friends, does anyone have training on setting up an IPTV server?

Comments

• What is your source?

An IPTV stream? DVB-S2 Sat card in server? Plain files? Encrypted/HDCP?

How many channels do you want to stream to what enduser devices? Inject ads or just run static?

You should calculate 4-8Mbit per HD stream and 8-16Mbit per FullHD stream.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2021

Just install the free Xtream UI 22F which you can find from everywhere, or buy xui which is it's successor by the same devs. https://xui.one/ (These are both successors and self hosted versions of the old Xtream Codes).

Afterall, youre just gonna illegally restream some football from a m3u source with EPG support right? The above which William said is probly if you want to setup a legit system for a hotel.

• @William said:
    What is your source?

An IPTV stream? DVB-S2 Sat card in server? Plain files? Encrypted/HDCP?

How many channels do you want to stream to what enduser devices? Inject ads or just run static?

You should calculate 4-8Mbit per HD stream and 8-16Mbit per FullHD stream.

I do not know much about this service, I just want to know exactly what it is for?

• @stefeman said:
    Just install the free Xtream UI 22F which you can find from everywhere, or buy xui which is it's successor by the same devs. https://xui.one/ (These are both successors and self hosted versions of the old Xtream Codes).

Afterall, youre just gonna illegally restream some football from a m3u source with EPG support right? The above which William said is probly if you want to setup a legit system for a hotel.

I was wondering who took over when xcodes was taken down. Neat.

• JioJio Member

what kind of legit system for a hotel takes bitcoin and uses a nulled whmcs for payment?

• pikepike Veteran

@Jio said:
    what kind of legit system for a hotel takes bitcoin and uses a nulled whmcs for payment?

That hotel thing is just what you tell to people when they ask for the sat dishes on your datacenter.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • JioJio Member

is there something im not getting? why not just put the sat dish on top of your hotel?

• If you're looking for a LowEndIPTV setup, have a look a TVHeadend. You'll need some sort of server (I use a Raspberry Pi) and some source, that depends on your location, in the case of (DVB-T/DVB-T2) terrestrial digital television, you could use DVB-T2 USB sticks. I have a dual tuner setup to make sure I stream from two different transponders at the same time (the ones for the Xbox One are pretty cheap and okay). After setup, you can create playlist (M3U) to stream the different channels in VLC or something.

Obviously, this is far from a proper professional setup, but works fine for a few clients.

• pikepike Veteran

@Jio said:
    is there something im not getting? why not just put the sat dish on top of your hotel?

Because you cannot receive any satellite in any country.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@Jio said: is there something im not getting? why not just put the sat dish on top of your hotel?

In some Arab, African and Asian countries sat dishes are illegal (and the internet censored, but we all know how well that works anyway).