Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sending Drives to DCs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Sending Drives to DCs?

sgno1sgno1 Member

A while back I came across something about being able to send Drives to DCs in exchange for services that use these drives or something? Does such a service exist? Is it worth it? I have around 4x8TB Drives just sitting around, so I was wondering if they could be applied somewhere.

Comments

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    I recall a kind of service where you can send a HDD and use all of its space for your own.

    Or you can send HDDs to your own hardware at a DC and have a staff installed (for a price).

    Thanked by 1sgno1

    "Jarland is stupid."

  • sgno1sgno1 Member

    @deank said:
    I recall a kind of service where you can send a HDD and use all of its space for your own.

    Or you can send HDDs to your own hardware at a DC and have a staff installed (for a price).

    So basically rent out physical hardware in a DC and send over HDDs? That sounds pretty interesting. Do you know any DCs that have such a service?

  • lentrolentro Member, Provider

    I recall stumbling across Delimiter:
    https://www.delimiter.com/slot-hosting/

    A year ago or so, I ordered with them, but they never responded, so I disputed after 60 days of inactivity.

    As far as I know, no active service that you described exists.

    Thanked by 1sgno1
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Yeah, the slot hosting was the one by Delimiter.

    Sadly, Delimiter had the biggest PMS meltdown I've ever seen from a man. Since then, they sort of faded from sanity.

    Thanked by 2sgno1 lentro

    "Jarland is stupid."

  • daffydaffy Member

    @deank said:
    Yeah, the slot hosting was the one by Delimiter.

    Sadly, Delimiter had the biggest PMS meltdown I've ever seen from a man. Since then, they sort of faded from sanity.

    To be fair, some of the markturner drama was shitloads better than some of the crap stirred up these days.

    Thanked by 1sgno1
  • mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited April 14

    @sgno1 said:
    A while back I came across something about being able to send Drives to DCs in exchange for services that use these drives or something? Does such a service exist? Is it worth it? I have around 4x8TB Drives just sitting around, so I was wondering if they could be applied somewhere.

    check your nearby colocation provider.

    Thanked by 1sgno1
  • Oh Delimiter was such a big flop..

    I remember at some point their servers were down for a few months, and they wouldn't reply to tickets and suddenly - everyone opened a PayPal dispute.
    It was almost as big of a scam as AlphaRacks was (almost).

    Thanked by 1sgno1
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Provider

    @sgno1 said:
    A while back I came across something about being able to send Drives to DCs in exchange for services that use these drives or something? Does such a service exist? Is it worth it? I have around 4x8TB Drives just sitting around, so I was wondering if they could be applied somewhere.

    You can connect them into a RPI!

    Alien Data: VPS and Colo Based In Texas, Unmetered Bandwidth.
    RPIServers: Dedicated Micro Servers - Micro Colo - Unmeterd Bandwidth

  • sgno1sgno1 Member

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @sgno1 said:
    A while back I came across something about being able to send Drives to DCs in exchange for services that use these drives or something? Does such a service exist? Is it worth it? I have around 4x8TB Drives just sitting around, so I was wondering if they could be applied somewhere.

    You can connect them into a RPI!

    I wanted to do basically what deankk said - to rent out hardware in a DC and connect them to that server. Maybe owning a large dedicated server with my drives physically connected to it.

Sign In or Register to comment.