Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US Mid tower Colo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US Mid tower Colo

turtleguyturtleguy Member
edited April 2021 in Requests

Looking for US based Colo for a mid tower but also can make 1u work if everything else can be met:

1 mid tower/1u
1-2amps of power
/29
bandwidth one of the below options:
10gbit 200TB
10gbit 100TB
10gbit@ 1gbit 95%

2gbit 100/200TB

Last resort would be 1gbit 100/200TB

Budget
40-80 monthly

I am currently on a ryzen server with Nocix and want to move to my own hardware but keep the same kind of network connectivity. The ryzen is overkill and I will go with lower power cpu to meet use case/power requirements. My load is really just NVME write and bandwidth intensive

Thanks!

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Sorry @turtleguy, but this is very unlikely at that pricing.

• Thats a whole lotta bandwidth, for very little money..

• Nocix offers that much bandwidth and I can't seem to find anyone else US based that can get close for colo. Wish they still had their 1u colo for $45....

• pierrepierre Member
    edited April 2021

Best I can think of for that much bandwidth would be FiberHub. $99/m for 100TB or $139/m for Unmetered but this is all at 1GBPS. This is for single server, you can separately do servers for more bandwidth.

It would be very hard to find something in that price range.

• isn't nocix also unique in that they [as Wholesale] own quite literally almost all the fibre and 100% own the physical buildings and land in the city they are in?

like not renting cabinets or cages, but complete and total ownership?

Thanked by 1turtleguy
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Your pricing is very unrealistic, even https://joesdatacenter.com/products/colocation/
    which offers decent pricing for tower colocation can't come near your price.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

If you were doing 1U, the closest to your requirements, and the cheapest we could do would be:

10 Gbps // 100TB
    /29
    0.24kW (redundant)
    $245/mo

I don't think your budget is realistic tbh.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@SpryServerss_Tab said:
    $245/mo

Grats, you've murdered him by brutally crushing his dream.

• turtleguyturtleguy Member
    edited April 2021

@SpryServers_Tab

Thank you for an actual number. It's starting to look like what I get from Nocix bandwidth wise is a great deal!

• @pierre
    Fiberhub is looking like the closest I am getting so far.

Joe's Datacenter just doesn't seem to peer well from my testing but might be doable.

Looking for more options!

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@turtleguy said:
    @SpryServers_Tab

Thank you for an actual number. It's starting to look like what I get from Nocix bandwidth wise is a great deal!

No problem. Yes, you get an incredible deal. Definitely going to be extremely difficult to duplicate. :/

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@turtleguy said:
    Looking for US based Colo for a mid tower but also can make 1u work if everything else can be met:

1 mid tower/1u
    1-2amps of power
    /29
    bandwidth one of the below options:
    10gbit 200TB
    10gbit 100TB
    10gbit@ 1gbit 95%

2gbit 100/200TB

Last resort would be 1gbit 100/200TB

Budget
    40-80 monthly

I am currently on a ryzen server with Nocix and want to move to my own hardware but keep the same kind of network connectivity. The ryzen is overkill and I will go with lower power cpu to meet use case/power requirements. My load is really just NVME write and bandwidth intensive

Thanks!

I might be able to help you out.
    Send me a pm and we can hash out the details.